Default How do you collect and display your Bat books?

Out of interest.. wondering if you collect and, if so, do you collect individual issues or trades. Possibly both? (Although it seems redundant). Additionally, how do you display them?

Just on a shelf in publication order (rather than story order) with the rest of my DC books. Only started collecting single issues this year and so far they're just sat on the floor in bags and boards. I'd love to have a fancier collection space like some on these boards with a display cabinet and whathaveyou. Some day...

Probably could get a good idea of what people do in my "Pics of your Batman collection..." thread.

I am a trade collector. I place them on a book case and bag and board them (except for the large collections like the new Knightfall and NML collections). Generally for the modern trades, I place them in story order starting from the publication date of the earliest story in the collection. For the older stuff (such as the Legends of the Dark Knight collections), I try to decipher from the story where to put them in the order.
    Pull List: None. Moving to trade-waiting.

My Batman collection, which includes all spin offs, are put together with the rest of my DC Comics collection. Going in story order from "Year One" through where I've stopped in 1998, with additional back issues that I've gotten in the last few years being inserted from that point on. Trades are included since the ones that I have were only purchased since getting back issues was rare over fifteen years ago.

I collect trades and hardcovers, and thus display them on bookshelves.

When I was younger, I collected single issues (had subscriptions to "Batman" and "Detective Comics"). Since then, I've picked up other single issues containing stories or runs that I find interesting, though I've pretty much exhausted what's available now. I recently completed a 2-year project to have all these issues bound in hardcover form, so I can store, display, and read them like the rest of my trades.

My shelves are organized into 4 sections.

-First is the "historical" Batman stuff - the Batman Chronicles and Archives books.

-Second is the "Chronological" Batman stuff - trades and stories that can definitively be put in a chronological order are done so. Starts with "Year One" and early Batman career stuff (i.e., "Long Halloween," "Prey," etc.). Moves on to the 70s-80s (Tales of the Demon, Killing Joke, Death in the Family, etc.). Then the Knightfall saga and other 90s stuff like No Man's Land. Then turn of the century stuff (Hush, Gotham Central, etc.). Grant Morrison's run and concurrent runs (Dini's Detective Comics run, for instance) are next, and then the era of Dick as Batman (Black Mirror, Batman and Robin, etc.). Finally, the New 52 stuff.

-Third is the "Anthology" Batman stuff - trades and collections of stories that are either timeless (can't be definitely said to be in one chronological period vs another, like Ego) or collect stories from multiple time periods (Batman Black and White, anthology collections focusing on specific villains, etc.).

-Fourth is the "Elesworlds" Batman stuff - the Bermejo-verse books, Dark Knight Returns, Year 100, Batman/Planetary, etc.

On a book shelf,in no particular order.I have them with other DC books,with statues and afigures and other junk mingled in.

I collect both issues and graphic novels, mostly issues though and then I get graphic novels for my favorite stories. I don't shelve my novels in any specific way though.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder