Default Super-Powered Hunger Games

Okay, so this is mainly inspired by the controversial upcoming series "Avengers Arena," but whatevever

The Situation: You are in the Hunger Games. There are twenty-three other people of roughly your age (if you're a teen, they're all teens, if you're in your thirties, so are they, etc.) You are all in an Arena, and just like in the books, only one of you will come out alive. The terrain is a forest, like in the movie.

Your Choice: Unlike the other Tributes, you have been given the chance to have a super-human ability to use in the arena. It's subtle, so as not to give you too big of an advantage. Also, whatever you do not choose will be randomly given to five of the other Tributes. You receive this ability for the duration of the games, which means you have had no experience with it prior to the tournament; you will be on a bit of a learning curve.

The Options:
    1. Telepathy- at its purest form. You may read the thoughts of those no farther than one hundred yards away from you, but only read said thoughts- no influencing, or communicating psychically. You do not have to be able to see the person to hear their thoughts, or even know they are there- your mind will automatically look for and pick up on their brains' thoughts.
    2. Enhanced smell and hearing- roughly the level of a dog or wolf.
    3. Psychometry- allows you to get readings off of objects, including trees and corpses. It lets you see what recently happened involving said object, but the images may be jumbled or confusing.
    4. Possession- you may influence the consciousness of one other person or animal, gaining control of their body. They may, however, resist you, and your body will be completely defenseless while you are using this power.
    5. Healing- a difficult power to wield, this projects a healing aura from your hands. It can be used on yourself, or others, but will cause you great exhaustion afterwards.
    6. Heat vision- allows you to see the heat projected by living organisms up to a hundred yards away and as long as twelve hours after they have been there.

Which power will you pick? How will it help you to win?
    Remember, whatever you do not pick will go to your opponents...

May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.
    Last edited by Time_to_Zap; 11-12-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

I'll take possession. I would go to a wide open space (so no one is sneaking up on me) and then possess the nearest person and have him kill himself. Rinse and repeat. I don't know what it means that they can resist me though. Does it take longer to possess some people than others? Is there is chance it wouldn't work at all?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I'll take possession. I would go to a wide open space (so no one is sneaking up on me) and then possess the nearest person and have him kill himself. Rinse and repeat. I don't know what it means that they can resist me though. Does it take longer to possess some people than others? Is there is chance it wouldn't work at all?
    I'm guessing if it's subtle, then the person could be possessed if they didn't "know" it. If you pushed a person to do something small like "LOOK OUT THERE'S AN ARROW!", they will duck or run hysterically but you can't just say "KILL YOURSELF" becaue that's not something i would want to do. Is that correct @time_to_zap?
    He appears..... In Silence

I like how all the powers are not actual offense or attack powers. They all are more for enhancement of normal abilities. As for me, i would take the Telepathy. I would sit still, with booby traps around me about 150 yards just so i could hear people possibly get injured but right once they get into my telepathy radius i would attack. Psych would avoid the traps but not my mind after i hear him thinking of the trap. Wolf would smell me way before i hear him but he wouldn't get close enough because i would hear him say "he's this way in his mind". Possession may get me depending on her range. How close must she be to possess? However, i would guess she needs to see who she possesses right. I'm hidden. Healing is dead. I cut off his hands. Heat vision is cool but dead. He may see me thru all the trees and junk but animals and such will disorient him well before he gets within my 100 yard radius.
    He appears..... In Silence

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

With telepathy, I could not only detect the presence of others, but I could gain access to their knowledge to assist me in surviving, so that seems the best choice.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Okay, so this is mainly inspired by the controversial upcoming series "Avengers Arena," but whatevever

The Situation: You are in the Hunger Games. There are twenty-three other people of roughly your age (if you're a teen, they're all teens, if you're in your thirties, so are they, etc.) You are all in an Arena, and just like in the books, only one of you will come out alive. The terrain is a forest, like in the movie.

Your Choice: Unlike the other Tributes, you have been given the chance to have a super-human ability to use in the arena. It's subtle, so as not to give you too big of an advantage. Also, whatever you do not choose will be randomly given to five of the other Tributes. You receive this ability for the duration of the games, which means you have had no experience with it prior to the tournament; you will be on a bit of a learning curve.

The Options:
    1. Telepathy- at its purest form. You may read the thoughts of those no farther than one hundred yards away from you, but only read said thoughts- no influencing, or communicating psychically. You do not have to be able to see the person to hear their thoughts, or even know they are there- your mind will automatically look for and pick up on their brains' thoughts.
    2. Enhanced smell and hearing- roughly the level of a dog or wolf.
    3. Psychometry- allows you to get readings off of objects, including trees and corpses. It lets you see what recently happened involving said object, but the images may be jumbled or confusing.
    4. Possession- you may influence the consciousness of one other person or animal, gaining control of their body. They may, however, resist you, and your body will be completely defenseless while you are using this power.
    5. Healing- a difficult power to wield, this projects a healing aura from your hands. It can be used on yourself, or others, but will cause you great exhaustion afterwards.
    6. Heat vision- allows you to see the heat projected by living organisms up to a hundred yards away and as long as twelve hours after they have been there.

Which power will you pick? How will it help you to win?
    Remember, whatever you do not pick will go to your opponents...

May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.
    Great post!
    I think the answer depends on what kinbd of tribute you are. If you are one of the Career Tributes (like the unstoppable Cato), I'd say that enhanced smell or sight would be a good bet. If you are a Katniss type, enhanced sight is a good bet.

Personally, I woudl pull a Rue, hide in a really high tree, and use Possession.

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    Great post!
    I think the answer depends on what kinbd of tribute you are. If you are one of the Career Tributes (like the unstoppable Cato), I'd say that enhanced smell or sight would be a good bet. If you are a Katniss type, enhanced sight is a good bet.

Personally, I woudl pull a Rue, hide in a really high tree, and use Possession.
    Why, thank you! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterTrel View Post
    I'm guessing if it's subtle, then the person could be possessed if they didn't "know" it. If you pushed a person to do something small like "LOOK OUT THERE'S AN ARROW!", they will duck or run hysterically but you can't just say "KILL YOURSELF" becaue that's not something i would want to do. Is that correct @time_to_zap?
    That sounds about right.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Smell & Hearing FTW. Wooded areas and all...