Okay, so this is mainly inspired by the controversial upcoming series "Avengers Arena," but whatevever
The Situation: You are in the Hunger Games. There are twenty-three other people of roughly your age (if you're a teen, they're all teens, if you're in your thirties, so are they, etc.) You are all in an Arena, and just like in the books, only one of you will come out alive. The terrain is a forest, like in the movie.
Your Choice: Unlike the other Tributes, you have been given the chance to have a super-human ability to use in the arena. It's subtle, so as not to give you too big of an advantage. Also, whatever you do not choose will be randomly given to five of the other Tributes. You receive this ability for the duration of the games, which means you have had no experience with it prior to the tournament; you will be on a bit of a learning curve.
1. Telepathy- at its purest form. You may read the thoughts of those no farther than one hundred yards away from you, but only read said thoughts- no influencing, or communicating psychically. You do not have to be able to see the person to hear their thoughts, or even know they are there- your mind will automatically look for and pick up on their brains' thoughts.
2. Enhanced smell and hearing- roughly the level of a dog or wolf.
3. Psychometry- allows you to get readings off of objects, including trees and corpses. It lets you see what recently happened involving said object, but the images may be jumbled or confusing.
4. Possession- you may influence the consciousness of one other person or animal, gaining control of their body. They may, however, resist you, and your body will be completely defenseless while you are using this power.
5. Healing- a difficult power to wield, this projects a healing aura from your hands. It can be used on yourself, or others, but will cause you great exhaustion afterwards.
6. Heat vision- allows you to see the heat projected by living organisms up to a hundred yards away and as long as twelve hours after they have been there.
Which power will you pick? How will it help you to win?
Remember, whatever you do not pick will go to your opponents...
May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.