Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 132
  1. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I feel like everything important must happen in other titles, wow that's a lot of editor notes.
    I bought them and you really didnt miss much. Basically superboy just did what he said in the recap without much other fanfare. I'll still pick up the other parts of the legion lost and ravagers crossovers, but you wont miss much if you dont.

  2. #77
    Prostitution Whores! Talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aniana, Symkaria
    Posts
    29,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    So much potential here, and oh so wasted.

    Holmes hit it beautifully on the head in regards to how mundane the Superboy character has become. I believe I've read that character 100 times in comics already, and I'm not particularly interested in more.

    With Frankenstein ending, lets put Matt Kindt on this book. He's doing spectacular things with Mind MGMT over at Dark Horse, which of course focuses on mental powers among other things.

    Or also Nick Spencer. Or Ales Kot. Or hell, I'll do it, and for free.
    Spencer, Kot or Kindt on this book? It would outshine the other books in it's awesomeness.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

    Top Ten Magic Bitches

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volkditty View Post
    It is a more linear Superboy-->Supergirl-->Superman story order as opposed to the Batman-style crossovers where the story arc is just in Batman and the other Bat-family titles are just peripherally related stories. Only time will tell how tightly woven the story is across all three titles, though. At the moment I feel like nothing major or essential happened in Superboy #14.
    Did anything important for the cross-over happen in the Superman Prelude issue? I'm extremely hesitant to buy anything labeled as a prelude after DC decided to call a Batgirl issue with one page about "Death of the Family" a prelude to the cross-over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I feel like everything important must happen in other titles, wow that's a lot of editor notes.
    That's been my biggest issues with "Superboy" since the beginning. This book always seems in the middle of some sort of tie-in with another title, it has very little identity of it's own.

    The whole first arc, practically everything that happens in "Superboy" is also being summarized in "Teen Titans", which leads into "The Culling" issue, a full-fledged x-over. Next up we get a couple stories guest-starring Titans, the book reads like "Teen Titans: The Supplimental". It's not until #12 when "Superboy" gets a story that which is independent of stories being told in Titans, but by #13 he's been swept into a cross-over with "Ravagers", which apparently leads into a cross-over with "Legion Lost". And #14 is cross-over with the rest of the titles in the Super-family... plus a summarizing of SB's last two cross-overs and an up-date on the conclusion of the most recent Titan arc he was involved in (Giving away the ending of that arc a week before Titans finished the story [spoiler]Sure we knew Cassie would somehow regain her powers, but this issue specifically tells us that she reclaims her armor in TT #14[/spoiler] ). I'm amazed they managed to actually squeeze in a scene dealing with the Dallas story-line... You know that strange "Superboy" story line which does not involve characters from another book?

    At the end of the day, "Superboy" as a title is simply space for the spill-over from other titles. A place to put story ideas that didn't quite make the cut for "Teen Titans" etc.

  4. #79
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Hey guys SB is in every book coming and going because he is the most popular comic character that tuere has ever been,way above all others...thought you guys knew that lol.

  5. #80
    Senior Member Volkditty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    Did anything important for the cross-over happen in the Superman Prelude issue? I'm extremely hesitant to buy anything labeled as a prelude after DC decided to call a Batgirl issue with one page about "Death of the Family" a prelude to the cross-over.
    Not particularly. Clark makes a speech about journalistic integrity and quits the Daily Planet in a huff, and is then attacked by a giant Kryptonian dinosaur. Supergirl zips in at the last second and claims this must be proof that Krypton still survives (even though she's been to the ruins of Krypton in her own series). H'El show up only in the last panel, unnoticed by anyone.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

  6. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I vote this for the worst post on this thread, one of the worst posts on this board.

    Just really bad.

    I vote ur complaints the crappiest things you can do. if u don't like the comic then stay the hell away from it, and if u still can't shutup then make your own 2yr ols thread that will be meaningless.

  7. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Ok Stephens, i'll tell u why I got really pizzed off. every1 was writeing crap about SB and how the stories are bad, horrible, and that comics shouldn't have Cross-overs, which some should, as important as this H"el is. the Superfamily needs a good powerfull Villain and all most of the ppl are doing is just bastardizeing what will be the best storyline this year, and for a cpl months next year.

    1 thing I won't take is that u were getting beat-up by these ppl on crazy narcotic, and I had to step in and just blow off what those idiots deserved. This is the most important story that will help or break some or all of the Superfamily for years to come, and Defalco is doing a Fabulous job, as were the other intertwined books with exception of Superman 13, and Legion Lost could've done better. Now Stephens we both have ourdefinitions of who we want SB to be, and what king of powers he should have. I believe SB should have some Kryptonian powers mixed with his TTK and TK powers, but we get along because we both like how powerful SB is and how much more SB can get. You were the only 1 really standing up for this great Epic story line of how this Universes Super-family will react to each other and/or except each other. And if some idiots don't like the story, then shut-up and stop buying a comic that most ppl on here seem not to like, and even sometimes a cpl comics with SB in it wasn't the best, but I know SB is a very powerful comic character if he's in all these Comics, and it's about time that the light is shinning more on him than any other era where the first SB was non other than Clark Kent.

    And so I did what I felt I had to do, and still do. I also think that H'El is showing powers that Superboy will have once he knows all of his potential. They are pretty much exact in Powerset wise, but we'll see. Also the complainers were obvoiusly were too dumb to read that H'El found a SecondAlien form of Genes that H'el had to find out who it was so bad that H'el was taking off SBs skin off of him, and that's very important to know.

    So yeah, I got very pizzed off when the only person defending a good Comic Book called Superboy, and a really funny and good thing is that Superboy, in which Dawnstar had to get SB from the Culling and the other name that will have a big role in his life just Punched that Claw guy and made a big home rum of knocking him out of the park, and that sure says that Superboy is a comeback kid, Even though in issue #0 it says that Kon is fully grown and matured. for those who don't believe me i don't care, but it's in the last page of #0 Superboy comic.

    So yeah, the stupidity of those ppl went too far, and should've have made a Superboy Hate thread because their were only 2 ppl that stood up for SB besides me and you Stephens, and the ppl that like Superboy are in the majority, but won't come to some stupid Forums of ppl saying this comic sux, when it's obviously the whole way around or DC wouldn't have SB haveing 2 big storylines.

  8. #83
    Senior Member Cowtools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    Ok Stephens, i'll tell u why I got really pizzed off. every1 was writeing crap about SB and how the stories are bad, horrible, and that comics shouldn't have Cross-overs, which some should, as important as this H"el is. the Superfamily needs a good powerfull Villain and all most of the ppl are doing is just bastardizeing what will be the best storyline this year, and for a cpl months next year.

    1 thing I won't take is that u were getting beat-up by these ppl on crazy narcotic, and I had to step in and just blow off what those idiots deserved. This is the most important story that will help or break some or all of the Superfamily for years to come, and Defalco is doing a Fabulous job, as were the other intertwined books with exception of Superman 13, and Legion Lost could've done better. Now Stephens we both have ourdefinitions of who we want SB to be, and what king of powers he should have. I believe SB should have some Kryptonian powers mixed with his TTK and TK powers, but we get along because we both like how powerful SB is and how much more SB can get. You were the only 1 really standing up for this great Epic story line of how this Universes Super-family will react to each other and/or except each other. And if some idiots don't like the story, then shut-up and stop buying a comic that most ppl on here seem not to like, and even sometimes a cpl comics with SB in it wasn't the best, but I know SB is a very powerful comic character if he's in all these Comics, and it's about time that the light is shinning more on him than any other era where the first SB was non other than Clark Kent.

    And so I did what I felt I had to do, and still do. I also think that H'El is showing powers that Superboy will have once he knows all of his potential. They are pretty much exact in Powerset wise, but we'll see. Also the complainers were obvoiusly were too dumb to read that H'El found a SecondAlien form of Genes that H'el had to find out who it was so bad that H'el was taking off SBs skin off of him, and that's very important to know.

    So yeah, I got very pizzed off when the only person defending a good Comic Book called Superboy, and a really funny and good thing is that Superboy, in which Dawnstar had to get SB from the Culling and the other name that will have a big role in his life just Punched that Claw guy and made a big home rum of knocking him out of the park, and that sure says that Superboy is a comeback kid, Even though in issue #0 it says that Kon is fully grown and matured. for those who don't believe me i don't care, but it's in the last page of #0 Superboy comic.

    So yeah, the stupidity of those ppl went too far, and should've have made a Superboy Hate thread because their were only 2 ppl that stood up for SB besides me and you Stephens, and the ppl that like Superboy are in the majority, but won't come to some stupid Forums of ppl saying this comic sux, when it's obviously the whole way around or DC wouldn't have SB haveing 2 big storylines.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

  9. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    After reading this issue, I do remain optimistic that I would continue enjoying subsequent issues under Defalco.
    I thought that Superboy really had a strong voice under Lobdell, but I can make do with this. I didn't hate this issue at all

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    Ok Stephens, i'll tell u why I got really pizzed off. every1 was writeing crap about SB and how the stories are bad, horrible, and that comics shouldn't have Cross-overs, which some should, as important as this H"el is. the Superfamily needs a good powerfull Villain and all most of the ppl are doing is just bastardizeing what will be the best storyline this year, and for a cpl months next year.

    1 thing I won't take is that u were getting beat-up by these ppl on crazy narcotic, and I had to step in and just blow off what those idiots deserved. This is the most important story that will help or break some or all of the Superfamily for years to come, and Defalco is doing a Fabulous job, as were the other intertwined books with exception of Superman 13, and Legion Lost could've done better. Now Stephens we both have ourdefinitions of who we want SB to be, and what king of powers he should have. I believe SB should have some Kryptonian powers mixed with his TTK and TK powers, but we get along because we both like how powerful SB is and how much more SB can get. You were the only 1 really standing up for this great Epic story line of how this Universes Super-family will react to each other and/or except each other. And if some idiots don't like the story, then shut-up and stop buying a comic that most ppl on here seem not to like, and even sometimes a cpl comics with SB in it wasn't the best, but I know SB is a very powerful comic character if he's in all these Comics, and it's about time that the light is shinning more on him than any other era where the first SB was non other than Clark Kent.

    And so I did what I felt I had to do, and still do. I also think that H'El is showing powers that Superboy will have once he knows all of his potential. They are pretty much exact in Powerset wise, but we'll see. Also the complainers were obvoiusly were too dumb to read that H'El found a SecondAlien form of Genes that H'el had to find out who it was so bad that H'el was taking off SBs skin off of him, and that's very important to know.

    So yeah, I got very pizzed off when the only person defending a good Comic Book called Superboy, and a really funny and good thing is that Superboy, in which Dawnstar had to get SB from the Culling and the other name that will have a big role in his life just Punched that Claw guy and made a big home rum of knocking him out of the park, and that sure says that Superboy is a comeback kid, Even though in issue #0 it says that Kon is fully grown and matured. for those who don't believe me i don't care, but it's in the last page of #0 Superboy comic.
    If english is your first language you need to be embarrassed.


    So yeah, the stupidity of those ppl went too far, and should've have made a Superboy Hate thread because their were only 2 ppl that stood up for SB besides me and you Stephens, and the ppl that like Superboy are in the majority, but won't come to some stupid Forums of ppl saying this comic sux, when it's obviously the whole way around or DC wouldn't have SB haveing 2 big storylines.
    Superboy fans are cowards.

    Got it.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  11. #86
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Jesus christ desaad,could you stop already.

  12. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Nobody is hating the character, just the book being put out. In fact, it's because of interest in the character that the low quality of this book is frustrating (or else I wouldn't care).

  13. #88
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Nobody is hating the character, just the book being put out. In fact, it's because of interest in the character that the low quality of this book is frustrating (or else I wouldn't care).
    Yup this is my reasoning as well.

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Jesus christ desaad,could you stop already.
    Could I? Yes.

    Am I going to? Not until I get bored.

    This guy is going around calling everyone who disagrees with him idiots, and you have the gall, the nerve, to tell me to stop?

    Sheesh.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  15. #90
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Warrior10 was pissed about how you and others are just bitching about SB cause he isnt they way you want him,or written the way you want him to be.you on the other hand are insulting him,just to do it,to talk down to him,nd what the hecks up with saying allsuperboy fans are cowards?im hoping you didnt mean that in the way it sounded.

    Likei already said Superboy is the most popular comic character in all the world

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •