Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    I'm looking for comics available on dark horses digital app, or collected in trade that deal with in cannon clone wars stuff......not really the kiddy cartoon stuff, unless you tell me it's really good

Or something from in between movies 3 and 4

Thoughts?

They're good. Do not buy digital. Dark Horse's Star Wars publishing days are most likely numbered. No one knows what's going to happen when they lose the rights to Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
    Last edited by DonC; 12-30-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    a) It hasn't been confirmed at all (although it'll almost certainly happen IMO).
    b) Why would them losing the licence affect you enjoying their comics
    Meaning I wouldn't jump on to any current serieses or the DH part of the EU given that it's about to come to an end. Frankly, given Marvel's track record this last decade I won't be jumping on any of THEIR SW comics either.

well, Dark horse said this on their facebook
    Once again, in regards to all the rumors flying around, Dark Horse won't be announcing anything until after the 1st of the new year, per request of LucasFilm. Have fun speculating and stay tuned!

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    They're good. Do not buy digital. Dark Horse's Star Wars publishing days are most likely numbered. No one knows what's going to happen when they lose the rights to Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Excellent point. Thank you

Assuming that they lose the rights at all. Only four people in the world know for sure what's going to happen (two people at Dark Horse and two people at Lucasfilms Licensing), and none of them have said anything except not to tell anyone until after January 1st.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

I was under the impression that, while future books would be handled by Marvel/Disney, DH's current and upcoming books would be allowed to continue under them until they were either canceled or had run their course. I thought I'd read that shortly after the announcement, but maybe it was just speculation and I simply mis-read it as news. (Either way, that's what I'd like to see happen, so that publication of the new book starting in January isn't suddenly messed up.)
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

The rumor is that Dark Horse's license expires at the end of 2013 and that Disney will keep things in-mouse, so to speak. Meaning Dark Horse won't even be asked to submit a bid to keep the license.

Even if it doesn't happen in that time frame, it will more than likely happen. When you own the largest comic publisher in North America, it doesn't make sense to license titles out to another publisher. That's why I urge caution in buying digital copies of Dark Horse's Star Wars (and Indiana Jones) comics. No one knows what is going to happen to the files on Dark Horse's servers when the change happens. They may be deleted with no way of getting the issues again without buying them again from Marvel.

I assume the change in license will also mean that DH's Star Wars and Indiana Jones TPBs will eventually go out-of-print? If so, I need to hurry up and get those two Indy omnibuses. (I already have the three "Further Adventures of..." books.)
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

It's all just rumors (if not outright gossip) by people who really don't know anything about what's going down with the license. Randy Stradley--the editor of the Star Wars line at Dark Horse--is one of the four people who do know and while he's been asked by Lucasfilms not to say anything about the future of license until after January 1st, he has shot down many of the "confirmed reports" about it by various sites.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I assume the change in license will also mean that DH's Star Wars and Indiana Jones TPBs will eventually go out-of-print? If so, I need to hurry up and get those two Indy omnibuses. (I already have the three "Further Adventures of..." books.)
    Craaaap! If they do go to Marvel, no way that Marvel will print DARK HORSE's material! I gotta start buying up what I want.

Speaking of which, how is Dark Times? Is that considered non-canon now as well as Republic?

Do you really think the digital copy people own will not work?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I think he means that if Marvel gets the licence the digital versions will be removed from Dark Horse Digital and then you can't download them anymore and not be able to read them any more, seeing how you don't actually own a digital comic.

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I don't think Dark Horse will delete the issues off of your device, no. Blastmaster is correct, though. What I expect will happen is that you won't be able to re-download a comic should you need to. (Device breaks, becomes obsolete, etc.)

If this does happen, the rumor is that it will happen in 2014.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

i dont like dark horses app.

i respect their independence, but find the digital experience they offer lacking

The rumor is that Dark Horse's license expires at the end of 2013 and that Disney will keep things in-mouse, so to speak. Meaning Dark Horse won't even be asked to submit a bid to keep the license.

Even if it doesn't happen in that time frame, it will more than likely happen. When you own the largest comic publisher in North America, it doesn't make sense to license titles out to another publisher. That's why I urge caution in buying digital copies of Dark Horse's Star Wars (and Indiana Jones) comics. No one knows what is going to happen to the files on Dark Horse's servers when the change happens. They may be deleted with no way of getting the issues again without buying them again from Marvel.
    I just checked out their app for the first time today because I'm interested in some Star Wars Comics. Sadly their app is sub-par compared to comixology. I'm almost exclusively digital and I didn't even think that I could possible lose my comics in the future due to Marvel buying out Lucas. Guess I'll have to wait until they get on comixology or until we get official word from Marvel.
    My Current Top 10: The Walking Dead, Wolverine and the X-Men, Aquaman, Batman, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible, Thor: God of Thunder, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and New Avengers