Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Very much doubt 'Before Sandman' will be Vertigo branded. Also, there's a 'Before 100 Bullets' coming as well apparently.
    Eh? THey've already said that it will be, explicitly, in both the announcement and in a recent interview with some DC execs.

Hell, a large part of its commission was the result of Vertigo's upcoming anniversary, same reason as they tried to get more Invisibles off the ground.

What is sad about this, of course, is that this is NOT the legacy of Vertigo; the legacy of Vertigo isn't any specific title or set of titles, but the pushing forward of the industry, the new ideas and new genres and new creators it allowed to flourish.

My sincere hope is that all of this is just part of Vertigo's upcoming anniversary push, and that we'll also get a big push of new titles with new creators; Collider being pushed back, perhaps, to allow for a big concerted launch of all of Vertigo's stuff; new Lemire, new Snyder, new Gaiman, new Morrison (Seaguy), new Azzarello (whatever he wants), new Aaron, and then some genuinely new voices out of Image and Top Shelf.

A celebration of past successes (Sandman, 100 Bullets, Seaguy), stalwart creators (Morrison, Aaron, Lemire, Snyder, Azzarello), and new voices (Fawkes? Kindt? Kot?)
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post

What is sad about this, of course, is that this is NOT the legacy of Vertigo; the legacy of Vertigo isn't any specific title or set of titles, but the pushing forward of the industry, the new ideas and new genres and new creators it allowed to flourish.

My sincere hope is that all of this is just part of Vertigo's upcoming anniversary push, and that we'll also get a big push of new titles with new creators; Collider being pushed back, perhaps, to allow for a big concerted launch of all of Vertigo's stuff; new Lemire, new Snyder, new Gaiman, new Morrison (Seaguy), new Azzarello (whatever he wants), new Aaron, and then some genuinely new voices out of Image and Top Shelf.

I truly hope is true what you say. This is temporary push and not turning Vertigo in Pre-Watchman type sales,nostalgia gimmick. Film,book adapatation etc

If there is nothing new,fresh and pushing the boundaries in Vertigo coming up i rather see the imprint dead and rest in peace, keep its legacy. Every month i hope to see a new Scalped or American Vampire type new work. I dont expect Sandman,100 Bullets rehash Vertigo.

I just bought Spaceman hardcover and i hope to see Colider. Im willing to try alot of new Vertigo just create more good new comics. This is loyalty to its quality you expect and not specific old famous titles.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Very much doubt 'Before Sandman' will be Vertigo branded. Also, there's a 'Before 100 Bullets' coming as well apparently.
    WHAT WHAT WHAT?! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Where did you hear this? O.O
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    WHAT WHAT WHAT?! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Where did you hear this? O.O
    Even if Rob Liefeld was writing and drawing it?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Even if Rob Liefeld was writing and drawing it?
    It's a creator-owned book. Don't see Azz handing it over to anyone
    BB

For what it is worth, I was listening to a podcast with Jeff Lemire and he hints that some very exciting things are coming out of Vertigo for the upcoming year, and specifically references the talk that Vertigo is kind of dying out, and refutes it. He makes mention of all the big announcements we already know about and then goes on to say there is a good deal of stuff that we DON'T know about.

So, at this point, it sounds as though Vertigo is simply holding back all their new stuff for a big concerted launch. I suspect that is where Collider is, waiting in the wings, in an effort to do a New 52 style relaunch of the brand.

Which is, you know, exciting.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

Podcast link pls.
    BB

All I'm interested from Vertigo is how fast they'll finish their trade reprint of Hellblazer. Hoping that they will finish it.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

Hard to say what will be with Vertigo.
    Brian Wood was not happy - His Northlanders had a TV deal but DC said no to it - not sure if his series got cancelled , but he said he still has ideas for it and may continue it outside of Vertigo.

So, not sure what contracts other writers get, but my guess is that if you are a semi known writer your chances are better with Image.

For the announcement stuff... we will see

Arff double post
    As for the new series aren't most of them mini series?
    Last edited by obii; 11-14-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: double post and no delete option? Go implement a delete post option noobs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Podcast link pls.
    Because you asked so sweet like.

http://ifanboy.com/podcasts/word-bal...nd-tony-moore/

Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    Arff double post
    As for the new series aren't most of them mini series?
    For now >:3
    BB

Thank you kindly. Will listen to it when I can
    BB

For what it is worth, I was listening to a podcast with Jeff Lemire and he hints that some very exciting things are coming out of Vertigo for the upcoming year, and specifically references the talk that Vertigo is kind of dying out, and refutes it. He makes mention of all the big announcements we already know about and then goes on to say there is a good deal of stuff that we DON'T know about.

So, at this point, it sounds as though Vertigo is simply holding back all their new stuff for a big concerted launch. I suspect that is where Collider is, waiting in the wings, in an effort to do a New 52 style relaunch of the brand.

Which is, you know, exciting.
    Ah, that is exciting! Maybe March or April is the month when everything if officially revealed? The mini-series and the new regular series as well. That be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ah, that is exciting! Maybe March or April is the month when everything if officially revealed? The mini-series and the new regular series as well. That be neat.
    I'm hoping to see more titles soon. While I prefer ongoing titles to read in the long run, some of the mini-series they recently published have been great. And eight, nine, and ten issue series is nothing to sneeze at. You get almost a year's worth of stories, which is cool with me.