Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Neil Simon's Reservations

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPatriot View Post
    If somebody without knowledge looks at this, he thinks *What? Tony has killed the Phoenix?* which is not true.
    Holy schnikies! You inadvertently stumbled upon the point! Whew. That was close.

Seriously, they couldn't have come up with a better looking armour?

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    He kinda looks like a transformer, especially the shoulders.
    It looks more like he's wearing a goggles over his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Iron Man is sick of Thor stealing his fangirls with his golden locks and muscular goodness. That fair-haired bastard is going down.

Cap is next. This time, Tony will finish the job.
    That's kind of where my mind when with that title too.

"Thor, I would have a conference with thee!"
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

The Greatest Team Ever! FantasticFour's Avatar

I think the armor looks awesome! Can't wait to see what type of cosmic gizmos it has on that thing

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Let's just make him invincible already. Iron Man's quickly becoming Marvel's Mary Sue ever since the movie franchise gained popularity.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Let's just make him invincible already. Iron Man's quickly becoming Marvel's Mary Sue ever since the movie franchise gained popularity.
    How are they making him a Mary Sue? Can you list some examples.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I like it a lot. The new faceplate is a striking image, and the first substantial departure from the traditional Iron Man helmet we've seen since the Ultimate design.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    How are they making him a Mary Sue? Can you list some examples.
    As far as the movie's concerned, he had the most lines, the best lines, the most screen time, was intellectually superior to Bruce Banner, did more on a destructive level than Thor and Hulk, had a larger leadership presence than Cap, was basically the only one whose character seemed to develop, and then he had the big moment at the end where he saved everyone single handedly. He stole the show in almost every possible way.

I'm just worried that it's leaking into the comics now. Now he's joined the Guardians of the Galaxy, and to top it off, it's his "vacation". I'm worried him joining will undermine them. Now he's "Godkiller", with this ultimate suit of armor. Is that supposed to suggest he's more powerful than guys like Thor now? And what about the GotG? They seem to all be at a lesser level than him now.

I'm not trying to hate on the character, but the same thing happened with Wolverine when the X-Men movies came out. Catch my drift?

I surely do. I already thought that his plot-device that split the Phoenix in five was stupid and OOC.
    How intelligent he might be, Tony is still a technican. He is no Reed Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPatriot View Post
    I surely do. I already thought that his plot-device that split the Phoenix in five was stupid and OOC.
    How intelligent he might be, Tony is still a technican. He is no Reed Richards.
    When it comes to making weapons to take things down. It's always been either Reed or Tony that people go to. Don't see how this is any difference.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    As far as the movie's concerned, he had the most lines, the best lines, the most screen time, was intellectually superior to Bruce Banner, did more on a destructive level than Thor and Hulk, had a larger leadership presence than Cap, was basically the only one whose character seemed to develop, and then he had the big moment at the end where he saved everyone single handedly. He stole the show in almost every possible way.

I'm just worried that it's leaking into the comics now. Now he's joined the Guardians of the Galaxy, and to top it off, it's his "vacation". I'm worried him joining will undermine them. Now he's "Godkiller", with this ultimate suit of armor. Is that supposed to suggest he's more powerful than guys like Thor now? And what about the GotG? They seem to all be at a lesser level than him now.

I'm not trying to hate on the character, but the same thing happened with Wolverine when the X-Men movies came out. Catch my drift?
    It's just a picture. He's not really doing any god killing. He got the most screen time in Avengers because Robery Downey Jr. is the bigger star and Iron Man already established himself with 2 hits. GoTG is him wanting to go out in explore. He's calling it a vacation is tongue in cheek. He knows what they get into. That's why he called them in Avengers Assemble.

That's not the same armor he is wearing on the cover to the new GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    It's just a picture. He's not really doing any god killing. He got the most screen time in Avengers because Robery Downey Jr. is the bigger star and Iron Man already established himself with 2 hits. GoTG is him wanting to go out in explore. He's calling it a vacation is tongue in cheek. He knows what they get into. That's why he called them in Avengers Assemble.
    And so the bankability of Iron Man and RDJ means it's justified to compromise the integrity of the story by making him the center of everything? That explanation isn't good enough for me.

And I agree, it is just a picture, but I think it's fairly obvious where Marvel is taking this character. I suppose we should wait until GotG comes out before assuming Iron Man is set to overshadow all of them, even if him just being in the promo already does that.

You planning a Beta Ray Bill cameo there Gillen?
    You think Land will trace an actual horse?