Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

nevermind ...
    Last edited by Winslow; 11-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Elder Member

Broadwell's father speaks to NY Daily News.

Broadwell’s father said Sunday his daughter is the victim of character assassination and implied the bombshell story is just a smoke screen for something bigger.

“This is about something else entirely, and the truth will come out,” Broadwell’s dad, Paul Krantz, told the Daily News outside his home in Bismarck, N.D.

“There is a lot more that is going to come out,” said Krantz, claiming he was not allowed to elaborate. “You wait and see. There’s a lot more here than meets the eye.”

He said he supports his daughter “100%.”

“I stand by my daughter. She is an exceptional person,” Krantz told The News, adding that Broadwell, a West Point grad, and her family were “doing well, considering.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...9?comment=true

...Is this making anyone else nostalgic for the 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    I've been waiting for a good old fashioned sex scandal not involving pedophiles
    Support your local roller derby league

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    if it were the 90s, an attempt would have been made on Petraeus' wife.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    if it were the 90s, an attempt would have been made on Petraeus' wife.
    Attempt to what?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Attempt to what?
    Really poorly done assassination.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    But, yes I think most generals are what you would refer to as manchildren and that will never change.

Then who cares about what the FBI did? You're saying the US Army (and CIA) is run by entitled, unreliable whiners who will ignore their actual jobs because "WAAAA OUR MATE GOT CAUGHT BEING BAD AT HIS JOB WAAAAAAA" - that's a far bigger issue, the US Army and CIA being run by incompetents you can't trust to do their jobs and with a work culture that backs that. And that's what you're telling us they're like and what we should expect. Why should I care about what the FBI may or may not have been thinking when you're telling me the CIA are going to fuck up their job, the FBI's job, and probably other jobs too in an inter-agency wankfest?
    Last edited by Charles RB; 11-14-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

It is more like a love pentagon than a love triangle.
    A N I M E

Elder Member

Report: Paula Broadwell, Senate candidate?

Time magazine is out with a cover story on the David Petraeus scandal, including a previously unreported tidbit that the ex-CIA director once gave some political advice to his mistress.

Paula Broadwell, Petraeus' biographer with whom he had an extramarital affair, reportedly told fellow attendees at an Aspen Institute conference in July that she had "been arguing with her mentor about the direction of her career," the story says. Broadwell relayed that "Republican money men" had sought her out about running for Senate in North Carolina, where she lives.

The Time cover story goes on to say that Broadwell was "tempted" but Petraeus had "rejected the idea out of hand." From the article:

"What was her position, he asked, on abortion? Climate change? Gun control? Gay marriage? Tax cuts? Social Security vouchers? Her answers, he told her, would not fit either party, and she should not sell herself out."

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1706573
    What I think is actually informative thing out of all this to come out so far... how Petraeus views politics and politicians. Some on the left that were worried about him running never had anything to fear and those on the right including Dick Cheney who asked him to run never had any hope of it as its clear his view of politicians and his sense of honor would never allow him to take positions he doesn't believe in.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-15-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stelok View Post
    It is more like a love pentagon than a love triangle.
    I see what you did there
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    his sense of honor would never allow him to take positions he doesn't believe in.

He cheated on his wife and covered it up, and even without that he was running a secretive intelligence agency that's previously been caught doing some dodgy stuff; his sense of honour must be pretty flexible.
    "We must fight on!"

Well, regarding the "shirtless" FBI agent who was investigating the case, not only has he been identified but it turns out he was NOT infatuated with Jill Kelley (the woman who Paula Broadwell was sending e-mails to which started the whole investigation in the first place:

Late Wednesday sources revealed that Fredrick W. Humphries was the FBI agent at the heart of the Petraeus scandal. And like the former CIA director, he had an Army background.

Humphries, 47, is married to a teacher. And the controversial shirtless email he is alleged to have sent Jill Kelley, the socialite who received harassing emails from Petraeus' mistress was also sent to his boss and other friends accustomed to his dumb-joke emails over the years.

In fact, his wife has a copy of the photo too, and she keeps it in a picture frame, proving that it isn't some deep dark secret.

His former boss, retired Seattle FBI Special Agent in Charge Charlie Mandigo once even put it up on the bulletin board in the office as a joke according to the Seattle Times.

The photo in question shows the man who is also credited with foiling a knife attack on the MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa as a bald, muscular man minus his shirt, as he stands between two bullet-ridden and headless dummies on a shooting range.

The email opening line is simply: Which one is Fred?

The joke, centering around 'Who is the dummy in this picture?' runs counter to the credentials and reputation of the seasoned FBI agent who is also credited with serving in the Army as an intelligence officer before joining the FBI in 1996.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/petr...hoto-explained

So no, it doesn't look like he was romantically interested in Kelley at all.

Speaking of Kelley, apparently she's an "honorary consul" to South Korea:

In a 911 call, aspiring socialite Jill Kelley demands that police in Tampa, Florida, help remove people from her property, describing herself as an “honorary consul general.”

"I am an honorary consul general,” the 911 recording says. “… I have inviolability. They should not be on my property. I don't know if you want to get diplomatic, uh, protection involved as well. It's against the law to cross my property …"

Kelley, it turns out, is an “honorary consul” for the South Korean government, according to the South Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The official South Korean news agency Yonhap reports that Kelley had "good connections and network and a willingness to develop Korea-U.S. relations, including the free trade agreement between the two nations."

South Korean officials tell CNN that “an honorary consul can generally play a role of promoting trade and economic cooperation between the two countries.”...

...The honorary post, however, has no official responsibilities, in spite of Kelley’s attempts to invoke “inviolability.” Yonhap cites a South Korean official as saying that “she will be relieved from the symbolic post if she is found to be problematic.”...

...Kelley also had “honorary consul” license plates on her car. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles tells CNN that she has the plates because she is an “honorary consulate.”

But the State Department and the Defense Department stress that Kelley has no official job with the U.S. government. She was strictly a volunteer.
    http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...norary-consul/
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

"We must fight on!"

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

huh??.....what the hell is spiritual cred lol
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton