View Poll Results: Which books will you be picking up February?

Voters
67. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman 17

51 76.12%
  • Batman Incorporated 8

35 52.24%
  • Detective Comics 17

30 44.78%
  • Nightwing 17

28 41.79%
  • Batman & Robin 17

16 23.88%
  • Batgirl 17

18 26.87%
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws 17

23 34.33%
  • Batwoman 17

25 37.31%
  • Talon 5

15 22.39%
  • The Dark Knight 17

15 22.39%
  • Catwoman 17

10 14.93%
  • Birds of Prey 17

14 20.90%
  • Batwing 17

10 14.93%
  • Batman Beyond Unlimited 13

3 4.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Chris Burnham said it on this forum. That's good enough for me.
    Okay, I must have missed that. Thanks for the heads-up.

I am assuming he didn't say anything about the next writer, or direction of the title?
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

It was more of a "It's my understanding the book will continue..." kind of thing. So there's no tangible idea of what's going to happen.

I'll likely pass on Red Hood, Batwing and Beyond. I might pickup Red Hood. I am 50-50 at this point.

Lobdell mentioned in his most recent interview that Red Hood 17 will actually explain more about the Wingman thing, which leads me to suspect the issue will be more of a meeting than a "confrontation".

#17 is an all Bruce Wayne/Jason Todd issue without any Batman or Red Hood appearances. "This issue is going to be the result of things that happen directly out of 'Death of the Family,'" Lobdell said. "You can read that issue and 'Batman Incorporated' #4 and not feel like they existed in two different worlds," he said, referencing a scene in Grant Morrison's "Batman Incorporated," where Jason Todd reveals himself as Wingman to Damian Wayne, Bruce's son.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42044

For me it's
    Incorporated
    Batman
    Detective
    Dark Knight (ha ha at this cover!)
    Batwoman
    and will prob read the other DotF books on the stands

Picking up Batwoman, Batwing, and Batman Beyond Unlimited.

just Batman and nightwing for me
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    If they haven't interacted at all then why did Bruce knew it was Jason in Batman Inc. #4. They had to have interacted off-panel.
    Same old argument : Morrison's Batman, Inc. follows the New 52 continuity very loosely. He included the aesthetic changes, like the red in Nightwing's costume or Jason's appearance in Red Hood and the Outlaws, he works with the ban on some characters, but aside from that, you easily get the impression that he does not care about shaking his plans in a big way. The Wingman reveal would have worked a lot better when Jason was only a side character.

So, Morrisson planned to have Bruce give the Wingman's mantle to Jason, and he did it, coherence with Jason's on-going be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    So, Morrisson planned to have Bruce give the Wingman's mantle to Jason, and he did it, coherence with Jason's on-going be damned.
    I find it extremely funny that it's okay for Morrison to fly in the face of and completely ignore things that are happening elsewhere in the N52 continuity (not counting supposed editoral mandates) and very few people complain because it's "Morrison finishing out his Bat epic" while those same people tend to get up in arms when two N52 books seem to have conflicting continuity. If Inc. is in continuity and Morrison, or his editor for that matter, just ignore things going on with Jason or other characters then that is bad writing and editing IMHO and extremely lazy for a writer who is known for his attention to the small details of the Batverse. A lot of readers here would be quick to point out such a thing if it was any other writer so I don't see why Morrison is getting exempt from that.

In any case, I'll be getting my normal group of Bat books this month as in all prior months and I'm really looking forward to the RHatO #17 in particular.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-13-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Nice solicitations as usual

Though Nightwing has a fill in again? Seriously the book is getting down hill
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Batman, DK, Tec, Batwoman, Catwoman, BoP, Talon, RH&tO, and Nightwing..but 2 of those are being dropped after this crossover.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches