Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Default Ryoko Hakubi (OVA version) vs Laharl

Ryoko has all three of her gems, but no Ryoohki. Obviously she's at her current level of maturation, so no theoretical lighthawk wing use.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-12-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Is this the latest OVA version, or a composite? And, can Laharl hit intangible objects?
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Is this the latest OVA version, or a composite? And, can Laharl hit intangible objects?
    Shut up. There's uggs on sale.

(OVA series 3 version, unless there's another OVA series after that. That is to say, this is classic Ryoko, including all three OVA series.)

Forever
    Wherever

Okay I don't know Ryoko's feats but Laharl is one scary beast especially if you add Disgaea game Mechanics to the mix. If we add mechanics Laharl would be equipped with a Hyperdrive and a Yoshistune. The Hyper drive allows instant teleportation and the yoshistune is a energy sword that can strike at a distance.

As to intangibility Laharl has mastery over all of the Magic in the Disgaeaverse through the hilarity that is Transmigration. Laharl is capable of busting planets and taking out space battleships with a casual laser. He also has a limited means of dimension walking at his disposal.

Laharl's potential speed feats class him at at least Mach 3 Speed and reaction time, probably much higher than that. (Its difficult to gauge speed in a Disgaea battle but he can defeat the second strongest being in his universe in single combat)

Best to stick with feats and levels that Disgaea's plot has actually put Laharl at. Assuming he's in his most mechanically optimized form at level 9999 with every single possible gamebreaking mechanical advantage he can be afforded isn't really what I'd consider standard Rumbles Laharl. It would be like assuming Superman shows up to every Rumble with the Sword of Superman.

He probably has some of that stuff going for him, but things like all-magic-ever require a pretty lengthy and specific set of actions to achieve that there's not really any indication in the plot to suggest ever actually happened.

All of that said; it's probably best to put Laharl in his twinkiest form here, 'cause Ryoko is pretty absurd.

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    He probably has some of that stuff going for him, but things like all-magic-ever require a pretty lengthy and specific set of actions to achieve that there's not really any indication in the plot to suggest ever actually happened.
    All magic ever would actually be very quick and easy, 20 Minutes tops.
    First: have post game Laharl.
    Second: create a Fire, Ice, Wind, Healer and Star Mage
    Third: Equip a mage with your best gear and send it to demon hall Mirror.
    Fourth: Do this with every mage until they've learned all their magic (1-3 trips each)
    Fifth: Enter a map with invincibility and spam all of the magic with Laharl until Lv 1 for each skill.

And you're done. Also all of those feats I mentioned can be justified as canon because of Laharl's Cameo as a bonus boss in Disgaea 2. There was just a bit of a time skip after Disgaea 1.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroharpuia View Post
    First: have post game Laharl.
    I think that we have our problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mandy View Post
    I think that we have our problem right there.
    Well if we play out all of Disgaea's story your Laharl should be at least Level 65-75. I could post the whole guide to 9999 if you want me to but take it from me, getting Laharl (and only Laharl) to Level 9999 with no help from higher level characters or overpowered equipment only takes 2-3 hours at the most. The rest comes easy after that.

Game Mechanics aren't feats, barring very specific exceptions.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Well I've gotta go but what this argument comes down to is how strong you want Laharl to be.

Tier 1: Post Disgaea 1: Has the blasting spaceships feat along with several other achievements. Level 65-75 no outstanding equipment.
    Tier 2: New Game plus Disgaea 1: Has all the above plus Lv 9999, Yoshitsune and whatever else you want to give him within D1
    Tier 3: Post Disgaea 2: Has the Planet busting feat but not Lv 9999 or the optimized equipment. (Is Level 6000 I think? I can't remember)
    Tier 4: Optimized Laharl: Has all of his canon feats and Optimized stats and equipment.

Well if we play out all of Disgaea's story your Laharl should be at least Level 65-75.
    Laharl was level 1000 in Disgaea 2, and I'm pretty sure he was more powerful in 3 and 4. I was just talking about max twinked versions.

Levels are actually brought up in narrative repeatedly, just so anyone who hasn't played is clear. They are actually defined by the narrative as a measure of power.

Anyhow, Laharl's got plenty of feats between all the games he's been in.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    To be fair, Disgaea acknowledges game mechanic plenty of times. Stuff like levels and titles get acknowledged plenty of times.

Yes, but they don't actually translate out into feats, is the thing.

For example, the very first scene of the first game has Etna breaking numerous weapons while trying to wake up Laharl.

Go ahead and try to tank as many hits from Etna as there are weapons in there, with a level 1 base equipment Laharl.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroharpuia View Post
    Well I've gotta go but what this argument comes down to is how strong you want Laharl to be.

Tier 1: Post Disgaea 1: Has the blasting spaceships feat along with several other achievements. Level 65-75 no outstanding equipment.
    Tier 2: New Game plus Disgaea 1: Has all the above plus Lv 9999, Yoshitsune and whatever else you want to give him within D1
    Tier 3: Post Disgaea 2: Has the Planet busting feat but not Lv 9999 or the optimized equipment. (Is Level 6000 I think? I can't remember)
    Tier 4: Optimized Laharl: Has all of his canon feats and Optimized stats and equipment.

This is the issue: this is Khazan. And as such, only demonstrated feats apply. Not narratives. I don't know much about Laharl unfortunately. I didn't even know he existed, due to being busy salivating at Etna.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

The best feat Laharl that happened in the games is when he blitzed some two million ships and destroyed them all, while saving all of the passengers on each ship in what appeared to be a very short period of time. And these ships are something like Star-Destroyer level in size, so there you have it. Oh, and casual planet busting just because he didn't become the main character.

And I agree that if you include game mechanics, Laharl has WAY too much going for him, even for someone like Ryoko. I mean, he might as well just walk up to her without her realizing it, and just take away her very well to live. or fight. or do anything with his high speed and godhand item

BTW, He has an incredible weakness to bouncy women and depending on how bouncy Ryoko is, she might just KO him at the bell.