Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    That, and the debut of The Circus first mentioned 6 months ago in DC's FCBD book--thus tying Vibe very directly into Trinity War.

Oh, and I'm calling it right now before anyone else does: Johns will reunite the Justice League Detroit lineup in the pages of Vibe within 12 months.

(Okay, probably without Ralph Dibny...then again, you never know! We might actually see the return of the Elongated Man! )
    See, I would love to have Ralph back, especially if Sue is back as well.

That said, I'll give Vibe #1 a chance if only because I'm enjoying the nigh universal WTF? a lot of fans (Those that know about him at all) are having about it.

Seriously, it's like Rick Rolling is back, only with Vibe appearances.

And I kind of liked the guy in a 'so bad I have to root for him' way.
    Last edited by Den; 11-12-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    Beats me, I'd think your LCS can order your state variant cover they want in this instance
    I get mine through mail order, so hopefully, they'll have a plan for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    See, I would love to have Ralph back, especially if Sue is back as well.

That said, I'll give Vibe #1 a chance if only because I'm enjoying the nigh universal WTF? a lot of fans (Those that know about him at all) are having about it.

Seriously, it's like Rick Rolling is back, only with Vibe appearances.

And I kind of liked the guy in a 'so bad I have to root for him' way.
    Huge Justice League Detroit fan here. It would certainly juice sales if Johns were to engineer their return in the pages of Vibe. Couple that with a New 52 debut for Ralph and Sue (perhaps just as private detectives), plus Trinity War and the future for Vibe is perhaps brighter than many expected.

And it certainly doesn't hurt to have Pete Woods drawing the book.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Green Arrow sounds great as expected.

I can't believe that they're naming a book "Justice League of America's Vibe", everything to make it sell I guess. Also surprised to see that Johns is co-writing it, the guy is everywhere.
    I read it as Johns co-writing the debut issue only, but I could be wrong.

F**K YES!!!

Sorry. I'm a huge Outsiders fan, heh.

Caveat: if Geo-Force, Black Lightning and Metamorpho aren't on the team? Forget it!
    I agree! Heck with Element Woman, I want Metamorpho back! Geo-Force and Black Lightning would be icing on the cake.

Very interested in World's Finest due to further developement on Mr. Terriffic, and more ties to Earth 2.

Great to hear Dr. Fate will be debuting.

Excited about Trinity War starting. Excited about JLA. Excited about Vibe. Excited about hearing of Orion in Wonder Woman, and possibly other New Gods appearing. Will start getting Wonder Woman due to this.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Veteran Member

F**K YES!!!

Sorry. I'm a huge Outsiders fan, heh.

Caveat: if Geo-Force, Black Lightning and Metamorpho aren't on the team? Forget it!
    And Halo, don't forget Halo. The Outsiders' Big 5 or bust!.

And Halo, don't forget Halo. The Outsiders' Big 5 or bust!.
    HELL YES.
    I was going to add Looker as well, but then I remembered she's still a vampire.

If Didio and Johns are smart about this? They'll make sure to include Batman this time at least in an advisory role.

Fans were scratching their heads initially about Vibe and Katana ongoings. But since the initial announcement, things are seriously looking up.

Vibe has:
    A) Geoff Johns co-writing, B) debut of The Circus from A.R.G.U.S., C) which means a direct tie to Trinity War and D) Pete Woods on art.
    And I'm still betting on a full JLA Detroit lineup appearing at some point in the book's first year. Aquaman, Vixen, Gypsy and possibly even the Dibnys are all good for one helluva sales boost.

Katana has:
    A) the New 52 relaunch of the Outsiders (maybe even Batman, too), B) great art from Alex Sanchez and C) its ties to JLA (which Vibe shares).

Both books should do better than originally expected. DC has front-loaded them with great art and important ties to major DCU continuity.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Am I missing something? Or will the 5th book in the new wave be a GL book?
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

So Katana is going to start Outsiders? Really? Was kind of hoping they would relaunch the book with Nightwing. The guy needs to be on a team book already, but I guess they just don't want him on one. He probably has to spend a year angsting about the Joker arc fallout first.

Veteran Member

HELL YES.
    I was going to add Looker as well, but then I remembered she's still a vampire.

If Didio and Johns are smart about this? They'll make sure to include Batman this time at least in an advisory role.
    HELL NAW DAWG!

I truly think that The Outsiders seems to fare better when they're not under Batman's shadow. Besides, I don't want to see another Batbook but I would love to see another quality Edge book.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So Katana is going to start Outsiders? Really? Was kind of hoping they would relaunch the book with Nightwing. The guy needs to be on a team book already, but I guess they just don't want him on one. He probably has to spend a year angsting about the Joker arc fallout first.
    I dunno, despite that I liked Nightwing on Winick's Outsiders, I don't think he belongs in that kind of team.

Dick is an everyman, a really kind and sociable one, he should be on a team where he can exploit all those qualities, like Young Justice in which he could be the mentor of a new generation of metahumans.

Justice League Of America's Vibe has got to be the worst name for a book. I'll pass.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

I dunno, despite that I liked Nightwing on Winick's Outsiders, I don't think he belongs in that kind of team.

Dick is an everyman, a really kind and sociable one, he should be on a team where he can exploit all those qualities, like Young Justice in which he could be the mentor of a new generation of metahumans.
    But that just feels like such regression. Putting him back on a teen team, but I guess that is what is eventually going to happen. It's just sort of sad when Jason is a better team player than Dick, you know.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    But that just feels like such regression. Putting him back on a teen team, but I guess that is what is eventually going to happen. It's just sort of sad when Jason is a better team player than Dick, you know.
    I don't see how that would be regression. As I said, Dick would be a mentor, which means he would not only be a leader but also an inspirational figure for the whole superhero community and everyone who wants to belong to it.

Jason rocks, but Dick will always be the guy who everybody likes.

I don't see how that would be regression. As I said, Dick would be a mentor, which means he would not only be a leader but also an inspirational figure for the whole superhero community and everyone who wants to belong to it.
    Putting the character back into the teen line would feel like regression, to me anyway. He doesn't have any connection with any of the current teen heroes aside from Tim, so him all of a sudden wanting to lead a bunch of teens would feel strange. I just think he deserves to be in the Justice League line after finally breaking out of the teen line after years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Am I missing something? Or will the 5th book in the new wave be a GL book?
    I'm still placing 51% of my certainty on there being only 51 titles for a month.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    Because nobody these days knows who Vibe is, I'd say...
    that will not last for long