Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Looks like they're tying into Arrow more than what Lemire said in an interview. Must be an editorial call.
    Key difference is that in Arrow, Ollie still has the fortune and is living around his family, whereas here, according to the solicit, Ollie's lost his fortune and is all alone at the moment. Funny thing is, in a Word Balloon interview about it, Lemire seemed like he wanted the connection to be there to sell more books, including suggesting renumbering it or dropping the "Green" part of the title. He also said that your worry is actually the other way around, and the guys working at Arrow are actually taking some of HIS ideas to incorporate in the series...

Green Arrow, Earth 2, DCU Arsenal, and maybe JLA. Have to say the Arsenal story is a nice surprise I really like the way they have mixed the stories in DCU Presents.

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    What if a comic store wants every cover to sell to their customers? :)
    yeah, and what if you want to order your state specific cover?

Katana, Earth 2 and Green Arrow sound interesting. The rest are just meh. Well, Wonder Woman's not bad either.

That JLA solicit is awful.

Also, Vibe actually has a chance now that Johns name is attached to the book. That's enough to give it a big sales boost.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    yeah, and what if you want to order your state specific cover?
    Beats me, I'd think your LCS can order your state variant cover they want in this instance
    Last edited by neverender; 11-12-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Katanas a possibility.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I will definitely be picking up JLA and Vibe, mostly to see the Circus stuff for vibe. As for my regulars I'll be keeping Justice League, Aquaman, Earth-2 and Green Arrow and the Flash

I think stores will ask people when they are buying it what they want, they'll probs order X amount of variants of the place their in and the rest will be random, that would be my scheme, because, if I lived in Atlanta I'd order that one in and maybe 2 others.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

As for what I'm getting:

Justice League
    Aquaman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash

Maybe (In order from more likely to less likely)
    Green Arrow
    JLA
    Katanna
    Vibe

So glad I dropped Wonder Woman. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's good and all but I just get bored by Azzarello and WW very fast

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Seems we'll get an Outsiders book bown the road. Also a good way out if Katana sucks. Will definitely get Green Arrow, maybe Katana if I hear good things about it, although I doubt it with Nocenti on the book.
    F**K YES!!!

Sorry. I'm a huge Outsiders fan, heh.

Caveat: if Geo-Force, Black Lightning and Metamorpho aren't on the team? Forget it!

KATANA is a former assassin on a noble quest to restore the OUTSIDERS to their former glory!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Green Arrow sounds great as expected.

I can't believe that they're naming a book "Justice League of America's Vibe", everything to make it sell I guess. Also surprised to see that Johns is co-writing it, the guy is everywhere.

So, Katana is going to restore the Outsiders. All right I'm buying it.
    Some speculation in the Bleeding Cool forums is there may be a trademark issue/possible dispute with Vibe Magazine.

RE: Johns on everything
    The way things are going, I think Lemire is going in that same direction. It wouldn't surprise me to see him on a 4th DC monthly--and I wouldn't be unhappy about it, either.

And I couldn't be happier about the Outsiders coming back. Very, very welcome news!
    Last edited by Flashpoint; 11-12-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Key difference is that in Arrow, Ollie still has the fortune and is living around his family, whereas here, according to the solicit, Ollie's lost his fortune and is all alone at the moment. Funny thing is, in a Word Balloon interview about it, Lemire seemed like he wanted the connection to be there to sell more books, including suggesting renumbering it or dropping the "Green" part of the title. He also said that your worry is actually the other way around, and the guys working at Arrow are actually taking some of HIS ideas to incorporate in the series...
    Pretty awesome that Lemire's work will also be referenced in the show. I see nothing wrong with cross-referencing, especially if Jeff's work on the Green Arrow book is good. The solits sound very, very good.

I will have to look for that Word Balloon interview. Thanks for the heads up.

So nice to be reading Green Arrow again. :)
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Katana, Earth 2 and Green Arrow sound interesting. The rest are just meh. Well, Wonder Woman's not bad either.

That JLA solicit is awful.

Also, Vibe actually has a chance now that Johns name is attached to the book. That's enough to give it a big sales boost.
    That, and the debut of The Circus first mentioned 6 months ago in DC's FCBD book--thus tying Vibe very directly into Trinity War.

Oh, and I'm calling it right now before anyone else does: Johns will reunite the Justice League Detroit lineup in the pages of Vibe within 12 months.

(Okay, probably without Ralph Dibny...then again, you never know! We might actually see the return of the Elongated Man! )

With the exception of Firestorm, I collect all of these. While Hawkman (Green Arrow too until I heard of the creative switch) is on thin ice, it looks like that trend will continue.
    Current Comic Book of the Week: Batgirl #27 ...