Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default BATGIRL #14 Preview/Discussion

A "DEATH OF THE FAMILY" tie-in as Barbara tries to save her family from a fate much worse than death!
    Has Batgirl come this far just to fall victim once again to The Joker?

Full article here.

Oh boy, Batgirl's preview! This should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh boy, Batgirl's preview! This should be good.

Best line of the Month lol Joker told her to get in the kitchen and make him Sandwich lol

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Best line of the Month lol Joker told her to get in the kitchen and make him Sandwich lol
    I'm thinking it's James Jr. on the phone (for some reason), but either way, it was awesome.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 11-12-2012 at 07:59 AM.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I'm thinking it's James Jr. on the phone (for some reason), but either way, it was awesome.
    Agreed, it was most probably Barbara's brother. As to the coloring, there was COLOR!!! It wasn't washed out as usual!

This story has been coming for over well plus 30 yrs now, I'm surprised reading the November solicits thread that a number of Batman fans are just writing this off. This story looks to be even more personal than what is going on in the Batman book right now, what with how cartoonishly Snyder was killing off police officers left and right, and up and down, and diagonally and horizontally, etc. etc.

Can't wait for the 14th for issue #14, I think after all is said and done the Batgirl arc will be the strongest tie-in to this overall DOTF tale, IMO.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Upcoming titles:
    Storm

On Vacation

That was pretty funny. Get to the kitchen and make me a samich.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

This is excruciating! The psycho in control will be toying with Babs. This is going to keep me on edge, I see.

That goofy looking cat is also making another appearance. It is some kind of symbolic value in the apartment. Or maybe Simone and Benes crack up when they see it so put it in.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

This just makes me more frustrated with her appearance in Nightwing. If the recent NW issue does indeed take place after Batgirl 14 as annotated, then she's rushing to go after her mother, but she doesn't mention any of that, nor does the context that DeFalco creates suggest that the Joker is already out there grabbing people--which is a world of difference than making it seem like she was just going to hunt the Joker down because he was "out there".

Then again, what exactly is the timeline of the NW/Batgirl books in comparison to Batman?? Nightwing still has one-half of a crappy guest-writer storyline with Shiva to conclude, while Babs involvement has roughly begun--yet this one scene with her and Dick takes place after issue #14?

I beginning to frigging hate these tie-ins. They're never on track, barely live up to the intended potency, and personally, I don't think the writers are talking to each other beyond vague editorial notes. If DeFalco didn't know what was really going down in Batgirl, he shouldn't have added the scene in. It was pointless and only serves to degrade the storyline.

So is Benes officially the new Batgirl artist?

I sure hope so...

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    This is excruciating! The psycho in control will be toying with Babs. This is going to keep me on edge, I see.

That goofy looking cat is also making another appearance. It is some kind of symbolic value in the apartment. Or maybe Simone and Benes crack up when they see it so put it in.
    That cat is going to be the true villain running things behind the scenes, I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So is Benes officially the new Batgirl artist?

I sure hope so...
    Yep.

It's unfortunate we already know how this story is going to end:

Batgirl: "You thought I was a helpless girl, but in fact I'm a tough independent woman who also still has emotions."
    Joker: "I underestimated you Batgirl. You are strong and inspiring and I respect your lifestyle choices. No one can tell you what to do."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sammich.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	104168

But who was phone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MDV View Post
    It's unfortunate we already know how this story is going to end:

Batgirl: "You thought I was a helpless girl, but in fact I'm a tough independent woman who also still has emotions."
    Joker: "I underestimated you Batgirl. You are strong and inspiring and I respect your lifestyle choices. No one can tell you what to do."

Great preview and great art. Can't wait for this.

BANNED

Yeah, Mary Sue Batgirl will just beat him up. Yawn.

This book is really pointless?