Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

I just read issue 14 of Batgirl and omg it rocked. I totally loved it, loved how Babs just went all out and kicked some serious butt!!! It in my eyes is the best issue of Batgirl so far, cant wait till next month!
    I have read that Joker in the Batman issues says he knows all of the Bat families secret identities. But how? Was that explained? Coz so far in Batgirl 14 Joker doesnt seem to know Batgirl is Babs coz it was James Jrn who called Babs n told her to put her work clothes on.
    Either way loved this issue n to finally after all these years of the Killing Joke to see Babs/Batgirl come face to face with Joker again just totally was awesome!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    I donīt know you, but Iīve never found anything funny about the Joker... Never
    I've never been a fan of that character either, I was pointing out that this character has gotten so over the top with all the serial killer violence that the Joker is just a pathetic caricature now under most current DC writers pens anymore, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I just read issue 14 of Batgirl and omg it rocked. I totally loved it, loved how Babs just went all out and kicked some serious butt!!! It in my eyes is the best issue of Batgirl so far, cant wait till next month!
    Either way loved this issue n to finally after all these years of the Killing Joke to see Babs/Batgirl come face to face with Joker again just totally was awesome!
    Yes it's SO good to see this confrontation FINALLY, as Batgirl fans have been waiting over 2X decades for this moment!

I just wanted to give a very friendly WELCOME to all the new posters I see; brkndwnbus, BadBoy House, Aquacatlungfish, Just Is, Charlus, & sorboares! Sorry if I forgot anyone else whose been recently posting. It's always great to get new people in to get fresh perspectives for discussion and conversation!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I thought this was a pretty great issue. Loved the art by Benes and the creepy confrontation at the end between Barbara & Joker.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

I really liked this issue, I hope Simone keeps her game this high. It read almost like a Secret Six issue and Babs was less annoying than she's been. It really seems like she's moving her back to her Oracle characterization, inch by inch.

Which brings me to my next point... I think she's going to get the Clocktower as her new base of operations again. (Strange sentence, that.) Her abandoning Alysia and thinking she needs to isolate herself from normals indicate a shift like that.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    It really seems like she's moving her back to her Oracle characterization, inch by inch.

I think she's going to get the Clocktower as her new base of operations again.
    Nevah - gonna - happen. That iteration of character is done, in the New 52 timeline of continuity Bab's has always and only been Batgirl and her base of operations as it were is her tricked out van. You forget, Batgirl is UNEMPLOYED and refuses to take money from anyone! How is she going to afford a high rise when she could barely scrap her half of rent for a two bedroom apartment in a not so great neighborhood?
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 11-20-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I've never been a fan of that character either, I was pointing out that this character has gotten so over the top with all the serial killer violence that the Joker is just a pathetic caricature now under most current DC writers pens.
    I agree. I used to look forward to appearances by the Joker until TKJ. Now I just find the character vile and unpleasant.

I laughed at the pencil trick...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I laughed at the pencil trick...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Yeah, Mary Sue Batgirl will just beat him up. Yawn.

This book is really pointless?
    I've noticed a trend...you really don't like females, do you? In almost every thread, whether it be about a female character or writer, I've noticed you seem to bash them...
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

This was brilliant, my favourite comic of the year (well, along with Red Hood #0). This whole series has been building to this confrontation, and it showed just how far Babs has come (no way could the Batgirl of #1 have dealt with these events in the same way), so far in fact that she may have even gone over the edge. Awesome writing, awesome story and a horrifying conclusion. Great art too, Sampere and Benes managed to compliment each other, unlike the total opposites which were present with Sampere and Wiyaja in the annual (I didn't like Sampere's art at all in that one).
    Last edited by Liquid?!; 11-23-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid?! View Post
    This was brilliant, my favourite comic of the year (well, along with Red Hood #0). This whole series has been building to his confrontation, and it showed just how far Babs has come (no way could the Batgirl of #1 have dealt with these events in the same way), so far in fact that she may have even gone over the edge. Awesome writing, awesome story and a horrifying conclusion. Great art too, Sampere and Benes managed to compliment each other, unlike the total opposites which were present with Sampere and Wiyaja in the annual (I didn't like Sampere's art at all in that one).
    I have not paid attention to a single thing about this post other than your username.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I have not paid attention to a single thing about this post other than your username.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
    You are awesome. I haven't yet decided to switch to an avatar of the man himself, or to stick with the man who delivers the line.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Switch to Raiden, LoL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I've noticed a trend...you really don't like females, do you? In almost every thread, whether it be about a female character or writer, I've noticed you seem to bash them...
    I really don't care who the writer is. It just so happens that Gail is not doing a great job and Ann Nocenti never has.

I just want better books. It has nothing to do with a penis.

Until Gail can write Batgirl as a better character than Oracle, I have to dismiss this demoted Mary Sue redhead cutesy stand-in. We already have Batwoman and she's a great character. I'd argue we don't need any Batgirl right now. We need Oracle and we need better writers and less editorial meddling. Sometimes I wish DC could divorce itself from WB for just a year. It really needs it.

Maybe the sandwich was just a ploy to get Barbara's fingerprints on a knife, particularly if it was one of the set that she gave as a Christmas gift.