Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MDV View Post
    It's unfortunate we already know how this story is going to end:

Batgirl: "You thought I was a helpless girl, but in fact I'm a tough independent woman who also still has emotions."
    Joker: "I underestimated you Batgirl. You are strong and inspiring and I respect your lifestyle choices. No one can tell you what to do."
    Haha perfect! So true. I did love the "bitch get in there and make me a sandwich" line though

Wow Babs makes a boring sandwich! Bread, tomato, lettuce - no meat, not even some cheese or butter! Lol

I'm giving this a try, I really liked the Annual, let's see where this arc takes us :) (lovely vibrant art btw)
    Books im reading: Black Widow, Loki Agent of Asgard, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Red Hood, JLD, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Batman, Worlds Finest...

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    This is excruciating! The psycho in control will be toying with Babs. This is going to keep me on edge, I see.
    And what is REALLY cool, is if that was James Jr. on the phone, then he's not just yanking his sister Barbara's chain around for his own twisted reasons, but he actually USED the Joker & his henchmen to further James own ends! Now THAT is a worthy foe!

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Yeah, Mary Sue Batgirl will just beat him up. Yawn.
    Your mistaking what is already solicited to happen over in RHATO. I'm sure Gail's writing will create a much more tense and nuanced situtation. After all while Batgirl has to get past the Joker to save her mom, it shows that in the upcoming issue #17 that it is James Jr. who was guiding the Joker's actions in regards to the Gordon family, thus making James the REAL threat. See, that is more nuanced.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by MDV View Post
    It's unfortunate we already know how this story is going to end:

Batgirl: "You thought I was a helpless girl, but in fact I'm a tough independent woman who also still has emotions."
    Joker: "I underestimated you Batgirl. You are strong and inspiring and I respect your lifestyle choices. No one can tell you what to do."
    Don't forget the kick to the groin. No "I am woman hear me roar" speech is complete without the explanation point of smashing a dude's nuts.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catburgler_2100 View Post
    Wow Babs makes a boring sandwich! Bread, tomato, lettuce - no meat, not even some cheese or butter! Lol

I'm giving this a try, I really liked the Annual, let's see where this arc takes us :) (lovely vibrant art btw)
    Butter? What kind of filthy savage puts butter on their sandwich?

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

The preview is alright. It seems to be indicating that it's actually James on the phone which is what I'm expecting. I look foward to seeing Batgirl's confrontation with the Joker though.

I was thinking the exact same thing with this preview lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Butter? What kind of filthy savage puts butter on their sandwich?
    Isn't she making a hamburger rather than a sandwich?
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

One could see some symbolism in that it was Barbara's conversation on the phone that was the "meat" of the matter.

......hrm.

Are we REALLY talking about sandwiches as opposed to what was happening to Barbara emotionally with her admitted near panic as to what could be happening to her mother and being held hostage on a phone?!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Man this looks horrible. Even by this title's standards. Between "LULZ" and the sandwich thing it's like Gail is trying to make the book intentionally bad or something.

Not much else to say, I will move on.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post

Are we REALLY talking about sandwiches as opposed to what was happening to Barbara emotionally
    I find the sandwich more interesting.

i typically don't like batgirl as a character, so the only issues i have from the series is the NoTO tie in and last months, but i gotta say i really liked both those issues, but this preview was terrifying, no matter what others say my first impression was to be legitimately freaked out, so it did its job here

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    I find the sandwich more interesting.
    +1.

It is, in any case, important for women emotionally to make sandwiches.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Actually, we aren't talking about a sandwich, we are talking about a handful of people who will never get past this book's artistic and commercial success. Enjoy them for the entertainment they bring. Remember, they are only here because the book is so damn cool.

Besides, it is like a strange tradition, sort of like the buzzards returning to Hinckley, Ohio. Every month, a Babs preview thread goes up and in come the posters. I think we should get together, have sandwiches, chips and beer, sit in lawn chairs, and read the posts as they come in. Since we know them all from month after month of poster spotting, we can have poster watching sheets that we can use to check off the names. It could be fun.
    Or maybe some of us like the character but hate the rubbish stories so far?Simone is better then this. This is work I would expect from Krull/Bendis

Actually, we aren't talking about a sandwich, we are talking about a handful of people who will never get past this book's artistic and commercial success.
    I am very much looking forward to seeing the hard October numbers from Comichron later this week, as Batgirl #13 had to go back for a 2nd printing
    Pull list:

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I am very much looking forward to seeing the hard October numbers from Comichron later this week, as Batgirl #13 had to go back for a 2nd printing
    This?

Last edited by Godlike13; 11-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.