Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Once again, you seem to be missing the point. I'm saying exactly what you're saying: Diana shouldn't push people away from her just because getting involved in her world puts them in danger. In both Steve's and Superman's cases, a man in Diana's life was put in harm's way enough for him to get hurt but not enough to kill him. Yet, while Diana is overprotective of Steve, she does not seem at all concerned about Superman. I don't believe Diana should judge any man as incapable, in other words.
    Or it could be what it is. She sees Steve is only in the job to be around her and she has moved on...cares for him etc but she is not in love with him and she knows he still is hung up over her and woman like Diana who loves everyone"...she must feel bad. ARGUS agrees and confirms he does get over involved. It's not that Steve is incapable...conflict of interest...leading to him trying to play hero for her. She does not need cosseting. That is what he wants to do. From day one.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    Or it could be what it is. She sees Steve is only in the job to be around her and she has moved on...cares for him etc but she is not in love with him and she knows he still is hung up over her and woman like Diana who loves everyone"...she must feel bad. ARGUS agrees and confirms he does get over involved. It's not that Steve is incapable...conflict of interest...leading to him trying to play hero for her. She does not need cosseting. That is what he wants to do. From day one.
    I dont think its physical danger that Steve is worried about - she is more than capable of handling that. But he is a lot more understanding of how the world works and how the corridors of power operate. And in JL #12 he tries to warn her that there are forces arrayed againt the League that maybe you cant just punch into submission. They might not be able to physically harm her but they could undermine her ability to inspire, which I think he sees as even more important.

There is a lot to be fleshed out here. For example, why does he find her attractive. Sure she is gorgeous but just looking at Steve's character as shown it seems massively unlikely that is his main reason for being in love with her.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I dont think its physical danger that Steve is worried about - she is more than capable of handling that. But he is a lot more understanding of how the world works and how the corridors of power operate. And in JL #12 he tries to warn her that there are forces arrayed againt the League that maybe you cant just punch into submission. They might not be able to physically harm her but they could undermine her ability to inspire, which I think he sees as even more important.

There is a lot to be fleshed out here. For example, why does he find her attractive. Sure she is gorgeous but just looking at Steve's character as shown it seems massively unlikely that is his main reason for being in love with her.
    I would be to differ. When Graves was torturing he did not give a crap about the League. Diana was the only person he was thinking about. He limped out bleeding calling her name. In earlier issues when the government attacked the League #3 I think...he shouts at gunners to stop shooting because WW is down there. Superman and Flash would be shot down. I did not see him shout don't shoot them. The solider with him or was the main control retorted they thought his "girlfriend" could take care of herself. Then we see her deflect the bullets. Steve is over involved from day one. She told him he acted like her mother.

I would be to differ. When Graves was torturing he did not give a crap about the League. Diana was the only person he was thinking about. He limped out bleeding calling her name. In earlier issues when the government attacked the League #3 I think...he shouts at gunners to stop shooting because WW is down there. Superman and Flash would be shot down. I did not see him shout don't shoot them. The solider with him or was the main control retorted they thought his "girlfriend" could take care of herself. Then we see her deflect the bullets. Steve is over involved from day one. She told him he acted like her mother.
    He's in love and nothing wrong or surprising in his actions. But it's just Diana does not need it. In the sense she can take care of herself and he needs to stop trying to shield her because she needs to grow. He's in the liasion post for her. That I am very convinced of and he should be honest with himself and he can best be used better in doing what he enjoys best.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

That is not an bad thing in itself. She is the one he knows and he believes in her. She's his hero. His faith in the League probably comes largely through his faith in her. And as for mothering, "You're not big enough for these games" might easily qualify.

Steve and Diana seem to do a lot of freaking out over each other and shouting out each other's names in recent issue, but being ruled by love will make you do that
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    He's in love and nothing wrong or surprising in his actions. But it's just Diana does not need it. In the sense she can take care of herself and he needs to stop trying to shield her because she needs to grow. He's in the liasion post for her. That I am very convinced of and he should be honest with himself and he can best be used better in doing what he enjoys best.
    Except when she and the rest of the League are about to die and she does need it.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Except when she and the rest of the League are about to die and she does need it.
    Nah they the JL. They been in worst fixes.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

Yuck...on so many levels
    Currently Reading: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Wonder Woman, Batman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel & Faith, The Sixth Gun, Fatale, Fables, Sweet Tooth, Saga, Glory, Batman Inc.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    If you feel you have come to an endless loop with a particular poster on a particular discussion, just acknowledge it and move on.
    Words of wisdom right there.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.