View Poll Results: Could Avenger Arena Lead to a Team?

Voters
28. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes! Editorial Gods of Marvel, Let it Be So!

13 46.43%
  • Bwahahahaha! Oh, thats good, thats RICH!

6 21.43%
  • Do we really need another team?

3 10.71%
  • Mettle and Hazmat belong together forever!

6 21.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

The only one I really care about is Darkhawk...maybe a couple of the Runaways and the kid with the Sentinel. Aside from that, I don't really care who gets it. In fact, I'd prefer that Reptil croak. And if a new team emerges from the ashes, so be it...as long as Darkhawk's on it.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I think Hazmat and Mettle were really one of the best things to come out of Avengers Academy. I really hope they both survive despite the grim looking previews.

A New Warriors book would be pretty cool coming out of all of this. I really don't see the sustainability of a book like this beyond maybe 20 issues and even then, I think it might really start to drag.
    Hopefully it won't be called New Warriors, though. "Warriors" could work a bit better and make the kids come into their own. I agree with your assessment of Hazmat and Mettle, but I fear that Mettle will be the one to bite it, if either, out of the two star crossed lovers. If not, then i doubt they're "lovey" relationship will stay the same and there will be trust issues.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Its the only way I can see Juston moving forward actually. I think he'll be a casualty, but will merge with the Sentinel so it can be more human.
    I love how in comics fandom this is a completely logical and expected thing to happen.
    I also love how we have refined the art of deciding who lives and who dies.

I'm kinda bummed Hopeless couldn't have Kenji, he'd have been amazing. Arena would really be the only way to explain and/or expand upon him going evil, Gen Hope never did it terribly well. And he's awesome enough to survive and be the new team's resident nihilist.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I think hazmat must survive. We'll see when this book comes........
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think hazmat must survive. We'll see when this book comes........
    To be honest, with the previews we've seen so far, it would be way too obvious actually killing her in that issue. I mean, you want deaths to be shocking with dramatic effect, spoiling something like that in previews just doesn't make all that much sense. I'm calling misdirection tactics in this case, I could be way off of course. Either that or just blinded a bit by being a fan of the character and hoping for the best.

Maybe it's just me, but I was really hoping that Avengers Academy would get their own "Children's Crusade" type of book the way the Young Avengers got one. Stir some things up, make some changes, maybe even put the characters on the backburner for a bit. I think that series did death right, I was a fan of Cassie Lang but her death was meaningful and a really powerful moment in the book. Seeing how Iron Lad became Kang, all at the end worked very well.

Well, instead we got this. I can't say I'm super stoked for this book but I'm interested in picking it up to see what they do with it. I feel somewhat obligated since I've invested alot into some of these characters but I'm thinking I'll read it until they kill off the characters I'm rooting for. In any case, I don't see how they're planning to squeeze out a series from a premise like this, I think when all is said and done, this lasts maybe a year at best before they at the very least change focus.

BANNED

They probably would be a team, but Hopeless killing a bunch of other characters to make it just is tactless.

It'll probably just be X-23, Reptil, Nico, probably Mettle and Kid Britain cause lord knows we need a moping team.

Any of you guys remember back in the day with the Batman: A Death in the Family storyline where fans voted by phone the fate of Jason Todd? Anyone think something like that would work in this day and age?

I dunno, I think that anyone who's read Avengers Academy isn't out for blood to see Hazmat or Mettle killed off. I'd bet they have enough fans to survive it out in a poll. I would think that something like that would be interesting to see who would win the popularity contest of survival.

That's an interesting idea, but in a way I'd be wary. I think that while certain characters have fans, there are also people who would vote for their death just to dick around with other people; at that point it becomes less a popularity contest and more of a joke to see who can piss off which group of fans more.

Maybe they could test it by producing a book with all original characters, and then halfway through the arc we get to send in our texts of death.

I really, really want Chase to be the new Darkhawk.

As for Juston, I could see this going either way. Kid is an outright genius, probably on parker level -- maybe the sentinel gets scrapped again and Juston Keeps the AI as his Jarvis. Alternatively, Juston gets killed and the Sentinel ends up becoming a hero/villain after learning rage/love (or something). But really, Mark VI sentinels are no joke in terms of power. Outside of Darkhawk and maybe Hazmat, I cant see too many people in the Arena who can threaten the thing.

I'd 'Kill' for a poll ;D
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Oh, god, the trainwreck that poll would be.

The issue before they kill someone, they can just do two covers that focus on a different character, and whichever cover sells the least, dies at the end of the fight/next issue. That sounds like marvel marketing gold )
    Reading: All New X-men, Batman, Cable+X-force, Harley Quinn, Morning Glories, Sex, Sexy Criminals, Uncanny X-men, Walking Dead, X-men
    Like gum? yumyumgum.com

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    To be honest, with the previews we've seen so far, it would be way too obvious actually killing her in that issue. I mean, you want deaths to be shocking with dramatic effect, spoiling something like that in previews just doesn't make all that much sense. I'm calling misdirection tactics in this case, I could be way off of course. Either that or just blinded a bit by being a fan of the character and hoping for the best.

Maybe it's just me, but I was really hoping that Avengers Academy would get their own "Children's Crusade" type of book the way the Young Avengers got one. Stir some things up, make some changes, maybe even put the characters on the backburner for a bit. I think that series did death right, I was a fan of Cassie Lang but her death was meaningful and a really powerful moment in the book. Seeing how Iron Lad became Kang, all at the end worked very well.

Well, instead we got this. I can't say I'm super stoked for this book but I'm interested in picking it up to see what they do with it. I feel somewhat obligated since I've invested alot into some of these characters but I'm thinking I'll read it until they kill off the characters I'm rooting for. In any case, I don't see how they're planning to squeeze out a series from a premise like this, I think when all is said and done, this lasts maybe a year at best before they at the very least change focus.
    Can't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    They probably would be a team, but Hopeless killing a bunch of other characters to make it just is tactless.

It'll probably just be X-23, Reptil, Nico, probably Mettle and Kid Britain cause lord knows we need a moping team.
    Deathlocket as well and whoever is Darkhawk when this is over. You just know someone is stealing his powers. Probably Cammi.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Deathlocket as well and whoever is Darkhawk when this is over. You just know someone is stealing his powers. Probably Cammi.
    Deathlocket is dead.
    -Comic con panel said the ending of issue 2 will get you mad.
    -Cammi isn't dying, X-23 isn't dying, and Hazmat lives til the 29th day.
    -She's made to cute and adorable.

She's dead. Don't even bother crying for her.

NoYouMayNotTouchMyFro bluedmighty's Avatar

What makes anybody think Chris is coming out of that armor?

And if he does, Marvel better not open any mail for the duration (i kid,..... but seriously)

And who is this Chase?
    Sometimes you gotta come out from behind that piano and..................