Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    There is absolutely no evidence that Lucas Film asked Dark Horse to end the series. There is, however, a quote from John Ostrander saying it was canceled because DH wanted to reboot the franchise.

Star Wars: Underworld is officially still under development. The given reason for the delay is that Lucas is waiting for special effects technology to advance to the point that a live action SW series could be financially viable.
    We'll both believe what we want to believe, and agree to disagree in this case.
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

I liked it, though I really wish their could be a sequel. Now that the One Sith has failed (a hypocritical name since there was far more than one Dark Lord), I would love to see them revisit the Rule of Two, where the Sith do their work through deception and proxy.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    That's not what I read.

"To celebrate its own 15th anniversary of publishing Star Wars in comic form, Randy had convinced everyone at DH to cancel the existing books and start afresh with new ones including Legacy. The franchise does pretty well for DH so, to my mind, that was a gutsy gamble. From the looks of the panel, Id say the gamble has paid off."
    ―John Ostrander on the Dark Horse panel at Celebration IV

But, yeah, it was a great series. Sadly, the title John Ostrander and Jan Duursema moved on to, Dawn of the Jedi, hasn't been nearly as good.
    I wasn't exactly bowled over by the initial arc of Dawn of the Jedi either, but then I read it again, and it was much better the second time for me. I think with Legacy there were quite a few familiar things already in place and then taken forward in time. There was a built-in curiosity by readers to see how much had changed since the time of Luke Skywalker. Dawn of the Jedi, in comparison, takes us to a point in time where there's very few familiar things. Even the Sith are different, and the Je'daii are a different kettle of fish from the later Jedi.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    We'll both believe what we want to believe, and agree to disagree in this case.

If LucasFilm was throwing their weight with their publishers, making them cancel stuff that might conflict with LucasFilms's plans, then why is it that none of Del Rey's plans been changed?

Also, if LucasFilm decided to go ahead with Episode VII back in 2010, wouldn't they be further along than just now hiring a writer? And it has been confirmed that Episode VII is going to be an original story so why would LucasFilm even care what Dark Horse was doing?
    Last edited by DonC; 11-17-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl View Post
    I wasn't exactly bowled over by the initial arc of Dawn of the Jedi either, but then I read it again, and it was much better the second time for me. I think with Legacy there were quite a few familiar things already in place and then taken forward in time. There was a built-in curiosity by readers to see how much had changed since the time of Luke Skywalker. Dawn of the Jedi, in comparison, takes us to a point in time where there's very few familiar things. Even the Sith are different, and the Je'daii are a different kettle of fish from the later Jedi.
    Oh, I'm not dropping Dawn or anything. My biggest complaint about Dawn was that what we got was a lot of world building. Ostrander was introducing us to this new universe and things like that take time, but we need them. We need to know the status quo for the new universe. It just wasn't all that exciting. I didn't care for the first Legacy storyline, either, and for similar reasons. But once Johnny O and Jan got going, they were firing on all cylinders. Hopefully things will pick on Dawn in much the same way.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I love Legacy but its not something that could easily be adapted to other medium. Mostly because of the content, its not a kids shows.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I love Legacy but its not something that could easily be adapted to other medium. Mostly because of the content, its not a kids shows.
    That's exactly why I loved Legacy. Like most folks here I grew up with Star Wars but as I grew up I saw the Star Wars stuff that was being produced seemed to be more and more (though certainly not all of it) for kids or at least a more reserved audience. Not that there's anything wrong with that and Legacy wasn't any kinda sex-death fest but for the most part it just felt like it was aimed for adults who grew up loving Star Wars and never stopped as opposed to the ever-changing new (young) audience.

Most of the Expanded Universe isn't really aimed for kids. As far as other medium is concerned, I think Legacy would have worked perfectly as a live-action series.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

iI think legacy could be a cartoon aimed for adults a la Adult swim or a live action tv show rather than a movie but with the tv show you gotta get 5 seasons/100 episodes so youre going to have come up with your own material.

wdit- i was able to read volume 8 "tatioine" yesterday and thought it was interesting.
    Last edited by Zak213; 11-24-2012 at 06:56 PM.