Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default star wars legacy

any thoughts on the adventures of Cade skywalker?

It's one of my favourite Star wars comics, if not comics overall. I like that it was a fresh take, but still very Star wars at its core. Plus Imperial Knights, how badass is that? Though I feel that there were some loose ends that weren't tied up, like what happened to the Mandalorians for example.

Also why was it cancelled?

BANNED

Lucasbooks told DHC to end it. No one really knows why.

That blows, why couldn't they let it be for a year maybe and then ended it. At least then the ending wouldn't have felt so rushed.

On Vacation

I loved this series. Though it had kind of an anticlimactic ending but still the story was hardcore. One thing that I felt was really sad was R2-D2. The droid has seen so much sh!t through out his droid life it's just amazing and sad that he keeps going on and helping people no matter how bad they will turn out or how good they will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    Lucasbooks told DHC to end it. No one really knows why.

That's not what I read.

"To celebrate its own 15th anniversary of publishing Star Wars in comic form, Randy had convinced everyone at DH to cancel the existing books and start afresh with new ones – including Legacy. The franchise does pretty well for DH so, to my mind, that was a gutsy gamble. From the looks of the panel, I’d say the gamble has paid off."
    ―John Ostrander on the Dark Horse panel at Celebration IV

But, yeah, it was a great series. Sadly, the title John Ostrander and Jan Duursema moved on to, Dawn of the Jedi, hasn't been nearly as good.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I trade waited through the first four or so with my son, but it got too dark for him. I liked it OK but it is a pretty gritty. I was thinking about reading the rest but didn't know it got an abrupt ending.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    That's not what I read.

"To celebrate its own 15th anniversary of publishing Star Wars in comic form, Randy had convinced everyone at DH to cancel the existing books and start afresh with new ones – including Legacy. The franchise does pretty well for DH so, to my mind, that was a gutsy gamble. From the looks of the panel, I’d say the gamble has paid off."
    ―John Ostrander on the Dark Horse panel at Celebration IV

But, yeah, it was a great series. Sadly, the title John Ostrander and Jan Duursema moved on to, Dawn of the Jedi, hasn't been nearly as good.
    Dark Horse WISHES they can get the sales back (for any of their current SW titles) that LEGACY had.

I think Lucasfilm put the kibosh on Legacy b/c of the forthcoming plans to do Eps 7-9. IMO they don't want the possibility of coming up w the same ideas Legacy might one day cover...

Legacy is my SW title, bar none. I also agree DOJ hasn't been nearly as good, even though its by the same brilliant creative team...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Legacy was canceled in 2010. I doubt there were any concrete plans for another trilogy back then.

On Vacation

Legacy was canceled in 2010. I doubt there were any concrete plans for another trilogy back then.
    There were concrete plans for making another trilogy since Return of the Jedi. My dad told me that Lucus planned on making 9 films since the beginning from some interview. And that he would do the prequels first and then Episode 7,8, and 9. Some of the plans changed obviously but overall the longterm goal is getting achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    There were concrete plans for making another trilogy since Return of the Jedi. My dad told me that Lucus planned on making 9 films since the beginning from some interview. And that he would do the prequels first and then Episode 7,8, and 9. Some of the plans changed obviously but overall the longterm goal is getting achieved.
    I don't know about all that, but in the past week or so Lucas said he had treatments for 7-9, but there are a lot of holes. I don't know how concrete treatments are- from the sounds of it, he has outlines for the next trilogy, no whole scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Your dad was right, kind of. Back when Star Wars came out, and was a hit, Lucas said it was part four of a nine part series. He did the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy, but he also admitted along the way that he never really had any story ideas for what happens after RotJ. The deal with Disney is the first time anyone official has ever confirmed any real plans for more movies.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Apparently LEGACY was very well regarded at Lucasfilm, so for them to have DH cancel it like that must be b/c it impacted on some future plans of theirs. Hence announcing the forthcoming Eps 7-9, which I'm sure were in the slow planning stages long before then...

I also think thats why Lucasfilm put the kibosh on the plans for the live-action syndicated SW tv series. They'd rather do the movie trilogy route again instead...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Star Wars :Legacy was nice enough for me cool stuff from John Ostrander .He did on series called GrimJack very cool stuff for people how like Moorecock's Elric of Melniboné .Check it out if u have the chance i did and i was thunderstruck by the sheer awesomeness of the mind of John .Too bad that legacy got put down by the power that be , not a smart move , but sometimes shit in the can happens .....
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    Apparently LEGACY was very well regarded at Lucasfilm, so for them to have DH cancel it like that must be b/c it impacted on some future plans of theirs. Hence announcing the forthcoming Eps 7-9, which I'm sure were in the slow planning stages long before then...
    There is absolutely no evidence that Lucas Film asked Dark Horse to end the series. There is, however, a quote from John Ostrander saying it was canceled because DH wanted to reboot the franchise.

I also think thats why Lucasfilm put the kibosh on the plans for the live-action syndicated SW tv series. They'd rather do the movie trilogy route again instead...
    Star Wars: Underworld is officially still under development. The given reason for the delay is that Lucas is waiting for special effects technology to advance to the point that a live action SW series could be financially viable.