Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If she didn't shrink she wouldn't have been killed during a crappy event. Instead she would have gotten shot by a cheap thug years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind pugh View Post
    Hank implanted the wings & (at the time) antennae that would sprout out when she shrank. Over time the antennae stopped growing (just because). Quite why Hank thought it would be a better idea to fire himself out of air cannons rather than just implant himself with wings is lost on me.

Because it is Cool

And so is riding a flying ant!
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Because it is Cool
    It would've been cool if Hank had actually set up tiny nets everywhere just in case he ever needed to go there.

And so is riding a flying ant![/QUOTE]
    that's always been cool, but it took him awhile to notice.

Well shrinking allows her to fly (Her wings only pop out when she's tiny)
    Nope. In the 80s she got upgraded powers. She can now go full size with her wings so she can be a full size human and use them. Plus she got stronger and can bend metal with her bare hands. Marvel "forgot" about this powers like they do most of thors powers.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

edit: oops yeah... what Gaastra said
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

When she shrinks, she can really out-stealth any other Avenger out there (including Black Widow, Black Panther, etc). She just needs to be written correctly.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    When she shrinks, she can really out-stealth any other Avenger out there (including Black Widow, Black Panther, etc). She just needs to be written correctly.
    She can shrink at will, correct? She doesn't need to take a 'pym particles' pill or anything these days, correct?
    Can she grow at will as well? I know she did in Secret Invasion, but not sure before that, my 90s/2000s Avengers trivia is weak. Can she become giant-sized at will? If she can do BOTH, like Hank can, that makes her a pretty valuable asset as far as powers go.

Like it has been said a thousand times, all it takes is the right writer to give her a push. In the 80's she became the leader of the Avengers, was strong, confident, we saw different sides to her that have rarely been seen since. Since then, she was in Mighty Avengers but was rarely seen or did much, then "died". Hopefully now that she'll be back in the bigger MU, someone will use her. She doesn't HAVE to be the dingy socialite who designs clothes, she could be so much more. Even if she's not a regular member of a team, hopefully she'll appear here and there. I don't want her to be like Mockingbird, who was brought back from the abyss and then not used much or at all (no offense to Mr. McCann who used her perfectly).
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    She can shrink at will, correct? She doesn't need to take a 'pym particles' pill or anything these days, correct?
    Can she grow at will as well? I know she did in Secret Invasion, but not sure before that, my 90s/2000s Avengers trivia is weak. Can she become giant-sized at will? If she can do BOTH, like Hank can, that makes her a pretty valuable asset as far as powers go.
    She was able to grow just before Avengers Disassemble. It was either in Austen's or in Johns' Avengers.
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

It's a motif. She was partnered up with Ant-Man, whose power was to shrink to Ant-Size. If Jan couldn't shrink, she would have been a different character.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Nope. In the 80s she got upgraded powers. She can now go full size with her wings so she can be a full size human and use them. Plus she got stronger and can bend metal with her bare hands. Marvel "forgot" about this powers like they do most of thors powers.
    Not full size. She still had to shrink down to 4'4" to get the wings. And she only got stronger when she was at tiny size. Thank you easily reachable old issues of OHOTMU.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

The Livewire

I think Chris Yost needs to write a Wasp solo mini series. After watching EMH, she's become one of my favourites.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Hey, it was cold, okay!?!
    It shrinks?
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    It shrinks?
    like a frightened turtle.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

anyways...she shrinks because Pym decided that she would shrink. Jan didn't choose her powerset. but she was perfectly suited to it because (according to her) she had always been short-statured.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

It is a shame that writers generally forget that Jan is significantly stronger than normal humans (perhaps even Cap) at smaller sizes. The ability to fly, be hard to hit, be stronger, more resistant to injury, and have wasp stings actually makes her pretty formidable if you can get by the silliness of the powerset.