Page 626 of 674 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 10108
  1. #9376
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Please let's not pretend the amount of fan art something has is a legit argument tool.
    If so then Tony and Steve would be dating.

  2. #9377
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Mmm, I'm starting to think that.



    *
    Seriously, just a little realization that comics are written for a varied GROUP of fans and not any one specific individual. I too am looking forward to Fearless Defenders and there are Appreciation threads for the book and even one for the new Warrior Woman before she's appeared in Marvel NOW. There are fans here for every title. And there will also be fans that don't like a title. You, me...to each his own.

    Plus IAM didn't invent the dead pool concept. I have had money on Keith Richards for twenty years and thankfully am still losing that pick. Hopefully I'm wrong about FD and it thrives for years. Based on today's market though, 2 years would be a surprise success. Doesn't mean the characters or creators stop there. They prob just move on to the next thing and we will get excited for that (and others may not) all over again.

    Have fun on these forums. Don't take everything so personally. Writers, publishers and other posters aren't out to get you...unless they are of course.

    Enjoy what you like. And let others enjoy what they like. We are all different. No taste fits all.

  3. #9378
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Seriously, just a little realization that comics are written for a varied GROUP of fans and not any one specific individual. I too am looking forward to Fearless Defenders and there are Appreciation threads for the book and even one for the new Warrior Woman before she's appeared in Marvel NOW. There are fans here for every title. And there will also be fans that don't like a title. You, me...to each his own.

    Plus IAM didn't invent the dead pool concept. I have had money on Keith Richards for twenty years and thankfully am still losing that pick. Hopefully I'm wrong about FD and it thrives for years. Based on today's market though, 2 years would be a surprise success. Doesn't mean the characters or creators stop there. They prob just move on to the next thing and we will get excited for that (and others may not) all over again.

    Have fun on these forums. Don't take everything so personally. Writers, publishers and other posters aren't out to get you...unless they are of course.

    Enjoy what you like. And let others enjoy what they like. We are all different. No taste fits all.
    Yeah. I'm sorry. I really need to work on my persecution complex.

    This medium has driven me crazy.

  4. #9379
    Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    A place of Idiots nd Coconuts
    Posts
    8,145

    Default

    man i am starting to hate the episodes of Star Wars: The Clones Wars that are about the Troopers.

    They are always the best episode of the season and the endings always make me sad.

  5. #9380
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    man i am starting to hate the episodes of Star Wars: The Clones Wars that are about the Troopers.

    They are always the best episode of the season and the endings always make me sad.
    That's why they are the best episodes. Because they are the characters who suffer the most.

  6. #9381
    Senior Member ViewtifulJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I compare it to writing more like a novel because things happen in one chapter that may not come into play until 10 chapters later. He even had to leave things out once the Marvel Now summit and he switched over to the Avengers. He was going to bring back Wyatt Wingfoot at one point (although it appears Fraction will be doing that) and more on the Parliament of Doom.
    It's reading better in bulk. I still like Waid's run better(I don't mind Doom's Unthinkable characterization, no overcrowding of kids in the story, don't like any artist to the same extent that I loved Wieringo), but it's impressive the scale of Hickman's story, if nothing else.

  7. #9382

    Default

    I think the thing SDBD doesn't understand is that we're not making fun of Fearless Defenders just because he's looking forward to it. We're making fun of Fearless Defenders because to a lot of us, it legitimately looks terrible AND he's looking forward to it.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

  8. #9383
    Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    A place of Idiots nd Coconuts
    Posts
    8,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    That's why they are the best episodes. Because they are the characters who suffer the most.
    did anyone see the most recent episode?

    It's about time they brought in the Republic Commandos.

  9. #9384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    It's reading better in bulk. I still like Waid's run better(I don't mind Doom's Unthinkable characterization, no overcrowding of kids in the story, don't like any artist to the same extent that I loved Wieringo), but it's impressive the scale of Hickman's story, if nothing else.
    Waid's run is my favourite, easily.

    I was listening to a podcast where they pointed out that Waid has had groundbreaking, defining runs in the last three decades, with Flash, FF and now Daredevil. That's astonishing.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

  10. #9385
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    I think the thing SDBD doesn't understand is that we're not making fun of Fearless Defenders just because he's looking forward to it. We're making fun of Fearless Defenders because to a lot of us, it legitimately looks terrible AND he's looking forward to it.
    And I disagree. I think it holds a lot of promise.

  11. #9386
    Senior Member ViewtifulJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Yeah, just got three Eisners for that book, too. Waid's pretty good at the ol' superhero comic book thing, I reckon

  12. #9387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    And I disagree. I think it holds a lot of promise.
    Yeah, we get that. That's why I said, in the post you quoted "To a lot of us, it legitimately looks terrible" You're missing the point that we'd be making fun of it even if you weren't here.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

  13. #9388
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    Yeah, we get that. That's why I said, in the post you quoted "To a lot of us, it legitimately looks terrible" You're missing the point that we'd be making fun of it even if you weren't here.
    I don't see you guys picking on Way's T-bolts.

  14. #9389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I don't see you guys picking on Way's T-bolts.
    Then you're not looking hard enough. We were making fun of that teaser with Frank and Elektra just the other day. We make fun of stuff when there's something to make fun of. Most of the time, we just ignore terrible things, we're actually some fairly positive dudes and dudettes. We'd probably make fun of Fearless Defenders a lot less if you didn't always bring it up.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

  15. #9390
    Senior Member 1derer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    Well, you're already off to a very good start by sporting an X-Factor avatar; you are among friends.
    Awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRonin View Post
    I wonder how Avenger Arena or Young Avengers or Kate Bishop fans feel? That's not even mentioning all the other good properties you've crapped on because you couldn't handle people liking stuff.
    Annoyed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I don't see you guys picking on Way's T-bolts.
    How can you make fun of that much red? It's blinding just to think about.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •