Page 587 of 674 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597637 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 10108

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    Pulp and James Murphy say "Fuck your end of year lists, here's a song we did together!"

Pulp - After You

It's damn near perfect. I'm so happy right now.
    My friend linked it to me. I love it.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    My plan is to read more books. I meant to start yesterday and I'm already falling behind.
    Mine too. I bought "American Gods" yesterday since I've always been meaning to read that. I hope I get farther than I did with my plan than I did last year.

I see LA didn't get Fraction's tweet about Miss Thing
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    The entire point of Avengers Assemble is to cash in on the movie, so of course they're going to have Iron Man and Hulk team up, but S/D, you're acting like they've never worked together before, meaning just the two of them. Is that true?
    That's not the problem. The problem I have is all the writers going "Oh hey! I didn't think of that relationship! Now I have to write it!"

I mean, they should have came up with it on their own, not have a billion dollar movie told them so. Like say if Avengers 2 comes around and everyone realized Falcon and Thor is an awesome relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I see LA didn't get Fraction's tweet about Miss Thing
    Oh, I did. Different purposes, though.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Oh, I did. Different purposes, though.
    Somehow I doubt that there's much difference
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

BANNED

What was the tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    What was the tweet?
    Can't link to it now but to paraphrase he was kind of annoyed that people seem to have a salacious reason for singling out that panel and posting it on the internet.

BANNED

Can't link to it now but to paraphrase he was kind of annoyed that people seem to have a salacious reason for singling out that panel and posting it on the internet.
    Heh.
    ...I wonder how he would respond to a Miss Thing balloon...

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

A late Happy New Year to All

Unfortunately, on the subject of movies I only saw Avengers, Prometheus and Dark Knight Rises and I liked all 3. I'll catch up on cable

I had to laugh when I saw Richard Roeper's Top Ten List for 2012 and the Grey came in at #3. Now I want to see this.
    I already had a super low opinion of him; now I'm just embarrassed for him.

There's a lot of people who rightfully hate that shitfest and recognize it for the tripe that it is, but vexingly, there's a segment of the people who've seen it who think its fantastic, and that baffles me to my core (it's not even an interpretive film where you could just throw up your arms and say, "Well, I guess it's just not for me", or feel like perhaps you're just not coming at it from the proper perspective/interpretation. No, it's just shit.

I've said it before, but it keeps happening/spreading -- there's like dozens of people on the Bendis board's Netflix thread who LOVE it, and say its like the best thing they've seen in years and shit. At this point I think they read this thread and are just doing it to aggravate me and make me despair about humanity.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

BANNED

New Avengers was much better than Avengers. I fully want Black Panther to succeed now!

That's not the problem. The problem I have is all the writers going "Oh hey! I didn't think of that relationship! Now I have to write it!"

I mean, they should have came up with it on their own, not have a billion dollar movie told them so. Like say if Avengers 2 comes around and everyone realized Falcon and Thor is an awesome relationship.
    More like "Oh hey! I didn't think of that relationship! That's not really how it'd play out in the comics because these are dudes who have known each other for years already, so their relationship is entirely different, I could do something interesting with that!"

I don't know why you think anyone would think they HAVE to write something. Even if they are doing it just because of the film, what's wrong with giving the people (who aren't you) what they want? Someone who posts loads of Avengers .gifs on Tumblr might see something about Stark and Banner teaming up and buy their first comic. What's so wrong with that?
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

New Avengers was much better than Avengers. I fully want Black Panther to succeed now!
    Hickman and Epting have a very cool title on their hands with my favorite teaming of characters. Can't wait for more of this series. I really like his Avengers book too though. Both on my pull lists and some of the first issues I read that week. Manhattan Projects actually took a back seat today to NA #1. Sorry Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    I already had a super low opinion of him; now I'm just embarrassed for him.

There's a lot of people who rightfully hate that shitfest and recognize it for the tripe that it is, but vexingly, there's a segment of the people who've seen it who think its fantastic, and that baffles me to my core (it's not even an interpretive film where you could just throw up your arms and say, "Well, I guess it's just not for me", or feel like perhaps you're just not coming at it from the proper perspective/interpretation. No, it's just shit.

I've said it before, but it keeps happening/spreading -- there's like dozens of people on the Bendis board's Netflix thread who LOVE it, and say its like the best thing they've seen in years and shit. At this point I think they read this thread and are just doing it to aggravate me and make me despair about humanity.
    Sometimes I'm in the mood for a rip roarin' action movie that requires little thinking...but putting it on a top 10 might be a bit much.

But I really want to see the part where spoilers:
    he uses the little liquor bottles to fight a wolf
    end of spoilers which was spoiled for me in another newspaper article. Dean Martin or Foster Brooks would be proud.

The BP character gets a lot more haterz than he deserves simply due to Reggie Hudlin and his clumsy pairing with Storm. I was cool with it myself but the X-fans transferred their anger to the character, which isn't very logical thinking. But then we are talkin' about the X-boards.

New Avengers spoilers:
    sounds horrible, i don't want to read a whole issue about Black Panther
    end of spoilers