Page 534 of 674 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 10108
    Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedRonin View Post
    Having nothing to contribute has never stopped anyone else.
    True story.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

BANNED

...so the movie Defending a Life is a cool movie.
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 12-22-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    Well, I guess I don't need to read all those issues of WatXM I have, since so much of it has been outlined for me.

Thanks.

I'm gonna start reporting every single instance of spoilage in here, and I encourage everyone, especially the regulars to do the same. I'm beyond sick of it, and I feel like I and plenty of others have warned against it ad nauseum.
    I've paid less attention to this thread lately because of this crap, so luckily I avoided the spoilers you're talking about, but I'm already at the point where I'll be doing this if I happen to read a S/D post on accident.
    Stacks on stacks on stacks

BANNED

Oy, at this point, I might as well avoid this thread. It's just becoming more hassel than what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    You're an OG Kate Bishop hater.
    Indeed. I always thought she was the most boring, least contributing of the bunch. Vision has always bored me, no matter the form. Cassie was the annoying crybaby. Hulkling and Wiccan were only important/interesting due to their parentage, everything else about them seemed too perfect and meh. Iron Lad could have been cool if he could have stuck around longer. I thought Patriot could have been cool, but got saddled with the worst of story of the bunch. That's why Speed was the man.

Looking back on it, if it weren't for Jim Cheung, I probably would have hated this book.
    "RR your powers of Observation are Godlike." - RolandJP

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Indeed. I always thought she was the most boring, least contributing of the bunch. Vision has always bored me, no matter the form. Cassie was the annoying crybaby. Hulkling and Wiccan were only important/interesting due to their parentage, everything else about them seemed too perfect and meh. Iron Lad could have been cool if he could have stuck around longer. I thought Patriot could have been cool, but got saddled with the worst of story of the bunch. That's why Speed was the man.

Looking back on it, if it weren't for Jim Cheung, I probably would have hated this book.
    Speed was my favorite of the bunch at the time, I didn't really start to like Kate until recently when she started to appear in Hawkeye.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Huh. No mention of Millar for Civil War or Whedon for AXM? Odd.
    My mistake, it does mention how Quesada recruited Whedon to replace Morrison, and it mentions Millar, but only in regards to Trouble.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    My mistake, it does mention how Quesada recruited Whedon to replace Morrison, and it mentions Millar, but only in regards to Trouble.
    Even though I'm no Millar fan that's slighting him. Besides CW, He was one of the main architects (as they like to call them now) of the Ultimates line. "Ultimates" with Hitch was a pretty big seller for while.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Speed was my favorite of the bunch at the time, I didn't really start to like Kate until recently when she started to appear in Hawkeye.
    I imagine Hawkeye is only going to make me hate Kate more. I've grown to be disgusted by Fraction-penned women.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    I could see why they'd want to spotlight the flop that was the attempt at relaunching the Epic line, but as IM pointed out, Millar played a huge role in the Ultimate line, which brought back a lot of people.

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Even though I'm no Millar fan that's slighting him. Besides CW, He was one of the main architects (as they like to call them now) of the Ultimates line. "Ultimates" with Hitch was a pretty big seller for while.
    I could see why they'd want to spotlight the flop that was the attempt at relaunching the Epic line, but as IM pointed out, Millar played a huge role in the Ultimate line, which brought back a lot of people.
    I also think it's interesting to note that as influential as Ultimates was both in a vacuum and to the Ultimate line (Marvel applying the widescreen, more mature Authority-like take on heroes to characters at Marvel, albeit the Ult. U), it has proven to actually be more important in its influence on 616. Marvel basically took many characteristics and approaches they had been taking with the Ult. U, namely in The Ultimates, and applied it to 616 to such an extent that it essentially has rendered the Ult U largely irrelevant, and effectively took the heat that had been rather squarely on the Ult. U, and transferred it to the Marvel Universe proper, kicking off with Disassembled, culminating in the original NA, and carrying that momentum with CW and AXM.

Not to mention Ultimates was influential as hell on the Marvel Cimematic Universe.
    Last edited by bebopeva88; 12-23-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jackman, re: The Wolverine
    Okay, the movie takes place after 'X-Men: The Last Stand,'" he told interviewer Jeanne Wolf. "My character is at his lowest. He is supposed to be able to heal himself, but he may encounter someone who has worked out a way to really hurt him. And there is a cameo from one of the past X-Men in it.
    pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

KingImpulse's Top 30 Songs of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood
    This one has a lot of positives going for it. I'm excited. Mangold is a solid director. Based on one of the (if not THE) most acclaimed and loved Wolvie story. And Jackman is tremendous. He wants this one to be great. It has to be good, right?

Has anyone else noticed just how many good books were out this week?

Avengers, Avengers Arena, Daredevil, FF, Hawkeye, Indestructible Hulk, Saga, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men, Wonder Woman, X-Factor.

I'm going broke over here, and I love it!

Did everyone catch that panel where I'm pretty sure Opena mixed up Captain Marvel with Captain America, because Carol Danvers looks way too much like Steve Rogers there.