Page 500 of 674 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 10108

You seem to be mistaking Kate's wit with Clint (and Clint alone) for her somehow being 'smug' and to quote you elsewhere "self-entitled".

Neither of these things mean what you seem to think they mean, and nor do they apply to her.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    You seem to be mistaking Kate's wit with Clint (and Clint alone) for her somehow being 'smug' and to quote you elsewhere "self-entitled".

Neither of these things mean what you seem to think they mean, and nor do they apply to her.
    You're telling me "How does it feel in your man bits that I can drive this car better than you" doesn't come off as smug?

You are seeing smugness where it isn't there , I think

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Then what do you call that? Cause it's pretty much her saying "look how great I am."

I really just hate how they play up...oh...oh god dammit, I see what your avatar is!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You're telling me "How does it feel in your man bits that I can drive this car better than you" doesn't come off as smug?
    So partners talking smack and bantering with each other equates to unbearable smugness to you?

I can see why you hate everything good, now.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    So partners talking smack and bantering with each other equates to unbearable smugness to you?

I can see why you hate everything good, now.
    I don't hate Daredevil and I'm super excited for FF today.

But I just can't get why people think Kate Bishop is so awesome.

BANNED

And FYI, I hate how you said Hazmat is a bitch. But I guess you really have to rub it in how much that book is crapping on Academy.

I felt sorry for Deathlocket. She was trying to be nice and Hazmat got all aggro with her.

BANNED

I felt sorry for Deathlocket. She was trying to be nice and Hazmat got all aggro with her.
    Yeah, which goes back to my point I posted a page or so ago, I think Hopeless is throwing the established characters under a bus for his own characters.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hey, I explained the faults. The thing is, I'm really fearful that this book is a platform for Hopeless to launch his own characters while he gives the middle finger to the established ones. After this issue, I'm almost certain it is.
    It's not like this is the first time a writer has done this though. I suppose you could go back to how Starlin handled Thanos. Yeah, it can be annoying at times like when Bendis picks his geek crushes and then makes everyone else on the team wallpaper.

spoilers:
    I hate how black and white Marvel is when it's heroes vs. heroes. I bet you anything the Academy and Runaway kids end up the villains in this book
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We know that's what Osborn intended for the Academy kids so that's not such a radical idea given that they are on their own and will probably do anything to survive.
    end of spoilers
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Its not as if Hazmat hadn't been an aggressive emo bitch at people while under Gage's pen.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh, now we have the former JAU showing up.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's not like this is the first time a writer has done this though. I suppose you could go back to how Starlin handled Thanos. Yeah, it can be annoying at times like when Bendis picks his geek crushes and then makes everyone else on the team wallpaper.
    Cept this time, it's not wallpaper. It's actively killing and turning evil. That's what makes this 10 times more painful.

spoilers:
    We know that's what Osborn intended for the Academy kids so that's not such a radical idea given that they are on their own and will probably do anything to survive.
    end of spoilers
    I really wished they didn't take this route. I really can't stand how some characters get such bad ends while the Young Avengers rarely have bad things happen to them on this extreme level.

Its not as if Hazmat hadn't been an aggressive emo bitch at people while under Gage's pen.
    Who was willing to sacrifice her life and her happiness for the safety of her friends.

But I guess making her a aggressive bitch is what people think is the next logical step. I can't wait til MAC gets turned into a demon cause she's angry.

BANNED

Dammit, just what I thought. Everyone loves the new kids.

He is throwing the older kids under a bus!

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    Okay, I'm doing this because it's a good one that I thought of, but I'm heading to work anyway, so there won't be a big S/V vs SBDB argument cluttering up the thread.

You're complaining that Hopeless is bringing in his own characters without focusing on established ones? Isn't that exactly what Gage did with Avengers Academy. I imagine there are some whiny Cloud 9 fans out there that were pretty pissed off about that.
    I miss Cloud 9...
    Taskmaster: I'm so much better than you. You can't win. You have to die.
    Moon Knight: Yes, kill me.... See if that works this time.

"Agnostic; lazy man's Atheist" - Pierce (Community)