Page 495 of 674 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 10108

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder if Wacker does a name search on himself....
    I could totally see him doing that

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    We call that a 'Busiek'
    LOL....Busiek seems like a pretty cool guy to put up with all the Thor fans who have an axe to grind since JLA/Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    bebop should add him to page one of the thread now. I hope he stops by here....we don't bite. And Wacker has nothing to do with bebop's War on Wolverine.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

LOL....Busiek seems like a pretty cool guy to put up with all the Thor fans who have an axe to grind since JLA/Avengers
    Oh yeah, I didn't want it to sound like I was making fun. I've got nothing but respect for Busiek, he's one of the most approachable creators around and a font of information.

What's the Thor beef about? I haven't read JLA/Avengers.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

Oh yeah, I didn't want it to sound like I was making fun. I've got nothing but respect for Busiek, he's one of the most approachable creators around and a font of information.

What's the Thor beef about? I haven't read JLA/Avengers.
    I remember he answered one post about it on the Avengers board about a year or two ago and it escalated from there. It's been a while since I read the comic but it had to do with how the Superman / Thor match up played out. I can't remember how Supes came out on top in the match but the Thor fanatics thought that Busiek didn't use all of Thor's powerset correctly. Might have had something to do with the fact that since Superman is vulnerable to magic, he should have been clobbered by Mjolnir or something like that.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

I remember he answered one post about it on the Avengers board about a year or two ago and it escalated from there. It's been a while since I read the comic but it had to do with how the Superman / Thor match up played out. I can't remember how Supes came out on top in the match but the Thor fanatics thought that Busiek didn't use all of Thor's powerset correctly. Might have had something to do with the fact that since Superman is vulnerable to magic, he should have been clobbered by Mjolnir or something like that.
    Thing that people misunderstand about Superman's vulnerability to magic is the he's not weak to magic, he's just as susceptible to it as anyone else. The dude's still Superman. People think Superman is extra weak to it, but he's as weak to it as say, Captain America.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

Thing that people misunderstand about Superman's vulnerability to magic is the he's not weak to magic, he's just as susceptible to it as anyone else. The dude's still Superman. People think Superman is extra weak to it, but he's as weak to it as say, Captain America.
    I know right this what i always say when someone says that but they take it to mean that he's extra weak to magic.

IIRC Busiek Pretty much said the same thing plus that Thor doesn't really use magic himself or at least not like Loki would.

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    I can see it too...it's weird.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    It also helps that that doesn't happen.

Chin up, Iron Fist!

SW

WACKER is everywhere! IAM is the jay Leno show of CBR.

So many guest-stars. So much entertainment.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Yeah, I remember they dealt Wilbur Marshall because he asked for too much. That team should have been a dynasty since they were all fairly young. And the Ditka/Buddy Ryan feud didn't help. The defensive unit was legendary but they wouldn't have gone to the Super Bowl without a gutsy QB like McMahon and Walter Payton. I still remember the game around mid season when McMahon came off the bench late in the game to throw 3 TDs. He just got out of the hospital.

Sadly, Payton is gone, McMahon is suffering from the early stages of dementia probably from the multiple concussions. Remember the cheap hit Green Bay's Charles Martin gave him that ended his season the next year? McMahon said he talked with former teammate Dave Duerson about a month before his suicide. He was dealing with CET but didn't let on how depressed he was about his situation.
    That team was so bad ass'd. It also felt like it came out of nowhere, the team was so bad for so long before that. It was Walter Payton and nothing else. The comeback win over Minn in the beginning of the season is still one my favorite games. And yeah, in the midseason game, McMahon was pissing blood the week before with a torn kidney. The QB before McMahon was Fuller and he was reduced to holding the football for the extra points, heh.

I so wish they could have played Miami in the Super Bowl. I think the Pats gave up the most lopsided Bowl in history, iirc.
    Last edited by Hurnslice; 12-18-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    IAM is the jay Leno show of CBR.
    You should be banned on principle.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    That team was so bad ass'd. It also felt like it came out of nowhere, the team was so bad for so long before that. It was Walter Payton and nothing else. The comeback win over Minn in the beginning of the season is still one my favorite games. And yeah, in the midseason game, McMahon was pissing blood the week before with a torn kidney. The QB before McMahon was Fuller and he was reduced to holding the football for the extra points, heh.

I so wish they could have played Miami in the Super Bowl. I think the Pats gave up the most lopsided Bowl in history, iirc.
    They were just coasting in the Super Bowl. Ditka sent the Fridge from the defense to plow through for a TD just laughs I think. But Payton didn't get a TD I'd love it when Walter would just launch himself over the line to score. IMO the 1985 Bears and the Jordan Bulls were the rock stars of sports.

You should be banned on principle.
    heh.....I've not watched Leno in years. I'd prefer to say Letterman but most here would probably say Fallon.

Nah, Niners Broncos
    Stacks on stacks on stacks

I saw The Hobbit last night and for the most part I liked it

I have read the book a long time ago, but if I had a gripe it seems to me that it seemed to follow the plot of "Company gets in trouble/captured only to be rescued by Gandalf the undefined and mysterious powerset Wizard."

But I loved being back in Middle Earth for another go-round
    "I for one welcome our new Kernel overlord."-Skeets

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Art Adams' Invincible #100 variant:

Cory Walker's:

Charlie Adlard's:

"It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP