Page 280 of 674 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 10108

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Didn't know that about how a huge event like Sandy didn't even make a blip on the ratings. I You used to hear stories on how these Nielson families tended to leave the TV on a channel and just walk off. I guess there must be a couple hundred Nielson families. They should give them a quiz about the shows they say the watch.

Quite a few years ago my Dad got one of their surveys I guess as a try out. I suspect because my dad liked to watch a lot of local stations instead of networks like WGN is why our house wasn't picked.
    I think of the Nielson data somewhat similar to the Red & Blue polling maps post election. Huge areas of people I didn't know existed voting for people I didn't know were running.

And I'm not even going to go into how outdated the ratings system is. Doesn't (almost) everyone require a friggin' converter box? They know exactly who is watching what and when. All the Xboxes and such have chips that feed data.

The system to make and pay money is too dependent. Either the few who make all the money are going to make much much less or they are going to have to pay out that much more to the creators.

See, this is what makes me suspicious of the ratings system. There was that one terrible show with Jim Belushi that was on the air so long I think I forgot it existed. Who the hell watched that?
    Perfect example. It really doesn't make sense. But it is oddly consistent. The only real wiggle room is how something will do internationally - in either direction.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

BANNED

I hope your book fails Marvel. I hope this fails and you lose your credibility.

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedRonin View Post
    At least my favorite character can carry a book.
    You...YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH, IMMORTAL IRON FIST LASTED 27 ISSUES AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    You...YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH, IMMORTAL IRON FIST LASTED 27 ISSUES AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.
    It limped to 27 issues. That was Marvel being generous.
    "RR your powers of Observation are Godlike." - RolandJP

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Nothing wrong with you not liking them, but I will say Crystal was probably my favorite one. S/V had some nice things to say about the updated DS versions of Gold/Silver.

At least my favorite character can carry a book.

I never read the Duane S issues. Were they any good?
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    They were good, but unfortunately not nearly as good as the Fraction/Brubaker gold standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    It started off well, but the Hell arc really crapped out at the end and they wrap for the series wasn't great or referenced anywhere else. But I'd still say it's worth it if you can find them cheap.

It limped to 27 issues. That was Marvel being generous.
    If I was S/D this would send me over the edge, but I'm not, so instead I'm just going to throw Greg Land out there again and then cry on the inside.

It started off well, but the Hell arc really crapped out at the end and they wrap for the series wasn't great or referenced anywhere else. But I'd still say it's worth it if you can find them cheap.
    Yeah, the end set up an interesting future for Danny & Misty, but then it turned out to be fake, which was sad and a cop-out.

If I was S/D this would send me over the edge, but I'm not, so instead I'm just going to throw Greg Land out there again and then cry on the inside.
    Land is a big blow to any IM fan, but that's what happens when you character stars in a continuing series. But hey, at least you got Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Unlike most people, I'm okay with SBDB, but I don't like how he's bring people here just to talk him down.
    Some people need to discover the beauty of the PM.

This thread has been acting like some kind of weird neutral zone to the board as a whole...all are welcome here, BUT WE ARE NOT GONNA BE SWITZERLAND!!!
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

Land is a big blow to any IM fan, but that's what happens when you character stars in a continuing series. But hey, at least you got Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
    I like a bunch of other characters too, so while Iron Fist is my favorite, I'm not totally emotionally wrapped up in his success. As long as he has good showings on a fairly consistent basis I'm ok.

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    If you ever want to PM and talk about it, I'm here.
    I bet your gonna be RR's #1 shoulder to cry on and talk to.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

They were good, but unfortunately not nearly as good as the Fraction/Brubaker gold standard.
    That would have been my guess.

I've seen the trades for cheep on ebay. I almost pulled the trigger on all six TPBs not too long ago. I liked the immortal weapons mini also.