Page 266 of 674 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 10108

We get it Sd/DB. EVERYBODY is quite clear of your opinion on the matter. It is on record and documented. No need to go through it over and over again, especially with the book not even being released yet. For everyone's sake - please cease and desist on the matter and allow others to discuss the comic, characters, story w/o reverting back to your personal rants. Sometimes it is actually about the comics and not ourselves, even on the Internet.
    Thanks. PM me if you wish to discuss further. If not, carry on with regular discussion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    We get it Sd/DB. EVERYBODY is quite clear of your opinion on the matter. It is on record and documented. No need to go through it over and over again, especially with the book not even being released yet. For everyone's sake - please cease and desist on the matter and allow others to discuss the comic, characters, story w/o reverting back to your personal rants. Sometimes it is actually about the comics and not ourselves, even on the Internet.
    Thanks. PM me if you wish to discuss further. If not, carry on with regular discussion.
    I already said I left the thread. I'm sorry about the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Right.

S/D.

Stop. For your own good, and to keep the promise that you made to yourself that you were past this.

Right now, with you not only going into any Arena thread and getting into fights, but dragging Arena into other threads (especially the Young Avengers one) is just making you out to be a pariah on a huge martyrdom trip, and its got to stop.

It'll stop one of two ways; either you sort yourself out, or we're just counting the inevitable permaban. Really? Option one is preferable to option two.
    Your avatar is very fitting for this.

S/D, I've made it clear I'm with those who oppose One More Day, and my excitement for The Superior Spider-Man is more for Camuncoli drawing the second arc and Christos Gage writing the Age of Ultron tie-ins, which means I'm yet to be excited for the story Slott will be telling. While your hatred for Avengers Arena is far greater than my feelings towards The Superior Spider-Man, I am at the very least trying to give Slott a chance to prove me wrong. Ramos' art seems to slowly but surely be improving, since I didn't hate his rendering of Mary Jane in the Alpha arc, and I was legitimately impressed by the 700 preview because it looked better than anything I've seen from Ramos. If he can keep that quality up, then I wouldn't have to groan when I see him solicited for future arcs. Oh, and for him to stop having Spider-Man's mask look the way it does when he raises his eyebrow.

Although I can't resist the urge to be mean and suggest that Hazmat and Mettle will be the last two contestants.

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

He gets it, we can all stop posting about it now.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Your avatar is very fitting for this.

S/D, I've made it clear I'm with those who oppose One More Day, and my excitement for The Superior Spider-Man is more for Camuncoli drawing the second arc and Christos Gage writing the Age of Ultron tie-ins, which means I'm yet to be excited for the story Slott will be telling. While your hatred for Avengers Arena is far greater than my feelings towards The Superior Spider-Man, I am at the very least trying to give Slott a chance to prove me wrong. Ramos' art seems to slowly but surely be improving, since I didn't hate his rendering of Mary Jane in the Alpha arc, and I was legitimately impressed by the 700 preview because it looked better than anything I've seen from Ramos. If he can keep that quality up, then I wouldn't have to groan when I see him solicited for future arcs. Oh, and for him to stop having Spider-Man's mask look the way it does when he raises his eyebrow.

Although I can't resist the urge to be mean and suggest that Hazmat and Mettle will be the last two contestants.
    I know, I know, the book isn't out. But I just can't see the book doing anything more than just making me feel crappy in the end. I mean, you saw how mad I got when Cassie Lang died, and now there is a whole entire book built around it.

And here's me being petty, I almost want the book to be bad so that it would tank and be ignored. I mean, I'm sure Hopeless is a very good writer, but the fact that they made a whole entire book about killing teenagers, some of whom are my favorite characters at Marvel, is just frightening to me. I already stressed how hard it is for me to warm up to the A-List characters. Hell, half the reason why I don't follow A-list heroes is that I couldn't understand what they were talking about, and that's when I started comics.

LAST RESPONSE! I SWEAR!

I'm taking this to PM, so we're done with it here.

SO! Is there anyone who actually liked Fear Itself and would recommend some of the trades? Preferably for a "new" reader?

BANNED

SO! Is there anyone who actually liked Fear Itself and would recommend some of the trades? Preferably for a "new" reader?
    Avengers Academy
    Thunderbolts
    Journey Into Mystery
    Fear Itself: The Deep

Those are the four really good things that came out of Fear Itself.

EDIT: Wait, PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Avengers Academy
    Thunderbolts
    Journey Into Mystery
    Fear Itself: The Deep

Those are the four really good things that came out of Fear Itself.

EDIT: Wait, PM?
    Just sent it, so check your inbox.

Is the main book itself worth reading?

The Avengers Academy trade also includes a battle with Doc Ock, and leads into Second Semester. Sounds good to me, although now I'm thinking that Marvel should start making Avengers Academy Complete Collections.
    Tell me why I should read Thunderbolts.
    I most definitely plan to read Journey Into Mystery.
    Fear Itself: The Deep led to the last Defenders volume, and is collected with Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Force. Does that sound worth it?

BANNED

Just sent it, so check your inbox.

The Avengers Academy trade also includes a battle with Doc Ock, and leads into Second Semester. Sounds good to me, although now I'm thinking that Marvel should start making Avengers Academy Complete Collections.
    Tell me why I should read Thunderbolts.
    I most definitely plan to read Journey Into Mystery.
    Fear Itself: The Deep led to the last Defenders volume, and is collected with Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Force. Does that sound worth it?
    Avengers Academy probably will get an omnibus at some point.

Thunderbolts is about villains trying to be good, and it's great. Shocker is on the team during the Fear Itself tie ins. They are my favorite Marvel Team (And I dislike the NOW direction)

The Deep is what made me love Cullen Bunn. It's one of the most fun stories I ever read from Marvel.

Avengers Academy was good
    The Uncanny X-Men tie-ins were excellent
    Journey into Mystery = GOLD

It's got some great art, and some badass moments...but the story itself is fairly predictable and light.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    It's got some great art, and some badass moments...but the story itself is fairly predictable and light.
    It probably reads better in one sitting. Half the reason why Fear Itself was a tedious event was that it was 7 months long and everything slowed down for it.

Avengers Academy probably will get an omnibus at some point.
    True, but I'd be willing to get any Complete Collections that come out between now and then, although Avengers Academy is certainly long enough to be contained in a single omnibus.

Thunderbolts is about villains trying to be good, and it's great.
    I know that. Nothing against redemption stories, but I'll need more than that.

Shocker is on the team during the Fear Itself tie ins.
    That interested me because I know you were appealing to me being a Spider-Man fan. Then I remembered that I don't care about Shocker.

They are my favorite Marvel Team (And I dislike the NOW direction)
    Don't get me started on Red Avengers Thunderboltception.

The Deep is what made me love Cullen Bunn. It's one of the most fun stories I ever read from Marvel.
    Yeah, I've been meaning to get more stuff from Cullen Bunn. Spider-Man: Season One, his Venom run, and of course you want The Fearless Defenders. I'm actually surprised you didn't recommend The Fearless.

Avengers Academy was good
    The Uncanny X-Men tie-ins were excellent
    Journey into Mystery = GOLD
    I know Uncanny X-Men is the end of that volume, but I was thinking of checking it out regardless.

That's fine with me. The premise is enough to hook me.

It probably reads better in one sitting. Half the reason why Fear Itself was a tedious event was that it was 7 months long and everything slowed down for it.
    I'm a tradewaiter, so that doesn't bother me.

BANNED

I know that. Nothing against redemption stories, but I'll need more than that.
    That interested me because I know you were appealing to me being a Spider-Man fan. Then I remembered that I don't care about Shocker.
    All I can say is that T-bolts is a fun book and you should check out the team when they were in their heyday.

Also, great joke:
    Mach V to Shocker when recruiting him "It says here you fought Spider-Man. Man, I like you."
    Shocker "Oh yeah! You used to be the Beetle!"

Don't get me started on Red Avengers Thunderboltception.
    Ugh, I know.

Yeah, I've been meaning to get more stuff from Cullen Bunn. Spider-Man: Season One, his Venom run, and of course you want The Fearless Defenders. I'm actually surprised you didn't recommend The Fearless.
    Well, that's after Fear Itself, but yeah, I recommend it. Fun book.

I know Uncanny X-Men is the end of that volume, but I was thinking of checking it out regardless.
    '
    Kieron Gillen is the man.

That's fine with me. The premise is enough to hook me.
    I will tell you this, it ends horribly anti-climatic. Most of the final fight happens off panel.

All I can say is that T-bolts is a fun book and you should check out the team when they were in their heyday.

Also, great joke:
    Mach V to Shocker when recruiting him "It says here you fought Spider-Man. Man, I like you."
    Shocker "Oh yeah! You used to be the Beetle!"
    Okay, I loved that bit. That works for me.

Well, that's after Fear Itself, but yeah, I recommend it. Fun book.
    All I needed to hear.

I will tell you this, it ends horribly anti-climatic. Most of the final fight happens off panel.