Page 246 of 674 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 10108
    Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    The Artist is on Netflix now so i might watch it there. I'm a big fan of Black and White movies.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It must be popular if a show talking about what just happened on the show is still on the air.
    I wasn't debating whether it was popular, I was simply remarking that I, personally, found Talking Dead to be bad. I think The Walking Dead is excellent, and I can't wait for the mid-season finale next week.
    If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it... figure it out.

Opena pages from Avengers #2:

"It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    I wasn't debating whether it was popular, I was simply remarking that I, personally, found Talking Dead to be bad. I think The Walking Dead is excellent, and I can't wait for the mid-season finale next week.
    Everyone finds Talking Dead bad! But people watch it cause I guess it's that cool down after the episode.

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    Opena pages from Avengers #2:

Pencils look top notch.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Somehow I didn't notice before, but this double posted.
    Last edited by ImmortalIronFist; 11-26-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Just noticed that who I'm assuming are Carol and Jessica...their faces look the same.
    Last edited by ImmortalIronFist; 11-26-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Just noticed that who I'm assuming are Carol and Jessica...their faces look the same.
    Look closer. The actual shape of their heads are different, for one. Carol's is thinner, while Jessica's is slightly wider with a more angular jaw. Carol has a smaller button nose, as opposed to Jessica's which is thinner and has more shape going up towards the eyes. Jessice's lips are fuller, with less of a smile but Carol has slightly thicker eyebrows.

There's a lot of detail in both the faces.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Carol's hair! CAROL'S HAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Look closer. The actual shape of their heads are different, for one. Carol's is thinner, while Jessica's is slightly wider with a more angular jaw. Carol has a smaller button nose, as opposed to Jessica's which is thinner and has more shape going up towards the eyes. Jessice's lips are fuller, with less of a smile but Carol has slightly thicker eyebrows.

Heh, you're really reaching. They're not EXACTLY the same, but they're damn close, and if it were any number of other artists, people would be throwing around the "_____'s male and/or female faces all look the same!" criticism, just like some artists don't draw feet, but don't get singled out for it like, say, a Liefeld does.

Carol's hair! CAROL'S HAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
    Seriously, her new hairstyle is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRonin View Post
    You'll give the series 3 issues! NO 1 ISSUE! No TEN issues! 5 ISSUES AND 2 MOVIES, BUT THAT'S IT!
    GUILTY! GUILTY! Tries to hide indecisive self under work computer desk, only to clock head. Now sees JRJr... bigheaded children circling my noggin while laughing at me.

Those other stories weren't by someone named Brubaker!
    Too true.

What I'm not understanding is that it seems like you're saying you'll see Marvel films that interest you once Whedon leaves (which is odd, since Whedon's "only" doing Avengers 2), but then you say you're looking forward to IM3.
    Earlier I said I would see IM3 and Cap2 outside of that, nothing until Whedon says buh-bye. I'm sure Joss will have his fingers all over those as well, but even without Joss, it would probably still be the same. Thor, Thanos and such are not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    I'm going to see it, but something is off. I read the book so i know it's not quite as epic as LoTR, that might be it but i don't know, I' not as excited for this as i was for LoTR.

That being said, new Man of Steel and Star Trek trailers.
    I'm a bit miffed because I love the hobbit story. While now it's 3 damn movies, including almost a film's worth of Bilbo with Gallum and Smaug (rolls eyes) and all the shoe-horning of bridging the films to LoTR. I probably will see the damn things despite my annoyance because I've always liked the dwarves in the book. If del Toro was still the director/visionary on this, I'd eat every negative utterance I've tossed out into the worlds.

That was him talking about Fearless Defenders getting canceled.
    Crashes cymbals.

Totally!

Unless it sucks like Revolution and then I keep current with it!
    Thats why you should watch Arrow sir.

Are you seriously trying to make a case that there isn't a viable story left for IM4? There's PLENTY, not to mention they always have the option of doing things outside of established comic stories.
    Agreed and who wouldn't want to see more RDJr as Stark. He's so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wanted to see that one too. I have to admit I am behind with last years movies since I was only on basic cable for a while. Heck, the really good movies take forever to show up on HBO and Showtime these days.

I'm glad to read that you like B/W movies. I worked with a woman once, in her early 30s, who refused to watch anything in B/W because she was accustomed to everything being in color for TV and movies. And then there was crazy Ted Turner colorizations a while back. Ugh.
    Love black & white films myself, especially for horror (it just amps up the atmosphere so much more to me.)

I see what you mean, but their eyes and expressions are nearly identical. In what I've seen, Opena always drew better men than women so this is not surprising. I can just imagine the poolside conversations though.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Heh, you're really reaching. They're not EXACTLY the same, but they're damn close, and if it were any number of other artists, people would be throwing around the "_____'s male and/or female faces all look the same!" criticism, just like some artists don't draw feet, but don't get singled out for it like, say, a Liefeld does.
    I must have much more attuned eye when it comes to great art.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    I see what you mean, but their eyes and expressions are nearly identical. In what I've seen, Opena always drew better men than women so this not surprising. I can just imagine the poolside conversations though.
    I don't see what's wrong with them having the same expression, they look listening to whoever is holding the glass and reacting to what that person is saying. It'd be weird if they had completely different expressions.

I don't see what's wrong with them having the same expression, they look listening to whoever is holding the glass and reacting to what that person is saying. It'd be weird if they had completely different expressions.
    Since they look so similar their identical expressions heighten the lack of difference between their appearance. I understand what you're saying about the response they have to whomever is talking to them, but that makes them less unique and more the same because of the way their faces are rendered.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...