Page 142 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 10108
    Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Coldwarmyth is going to be sooooo happy.

Rom is in it
    Last edited by Green Griffin; 11-20-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    1) Is that supposed to be Black Widow?

2) If she swings that sword, all she's going to do in that picture is cut Moon Knight's leg off.
    WORLD'S GREATEST PENCILER!!i
    "RR your powers of Observation are Godlike." - RolandJP

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    It was also Klaus Janson.
    RR confirms Scott Hanna was on the title a lot but that's probably the inker I've seen the most on his ASM. Janson is just so heavy-handed IMO its like he's using a dull crayon or something at times. He is considered a top inker in the industry and has been around for a while but I just never liked his style. I think it's gotten worse over the years. What JR jr has been doing is drawing what I call Lego with somewhat squared off heads people more often than not these days. It's a big change from his days on Iron Man days with Bob Layton years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    I am very conflicted about JRJr's art. Some of it I really like, other parts, no. And I haven't found a Remender book I like yet, BUT, this is Captain America and I get the sense that Remender wants to do something different and crazy so I'll give it through issue 10 anyway. Plus Cap in a post apocalyptic world sounds like a lot of fun. One thing I don't get about the early reviews is why folks are complaining that spoilers:
    Steve's uniform and shield are always within reach. It sounds to me like that's exactly what Zola wants at least from what I've read in the interviews and the preview art. I think he wants to break Steve while he's in uniform if that makes sense.
    end of spoilers

Despite all this, I am looking forward to a new chapter with Cap. Ed made me a fan of Steve and I hope Rick can cement that fangal enjoyment.
    I liked Brubaker's Captain America run a lot too. Little things like the way he portrayed Steve's relationship with Namor made it a worthwhile read. I was sorry to read that Brubaker had a unpublished storyline built around the artifacts that the Red Skull found concerning a possible Von Doom ancestor. It had to be dropped because of Alex Ross's Cap mini series the Marvels Project ** also taking place in the past. But it turned out the stories weren't going to be all that similar anyway.

I've not read as much Remender but I'm willing to give it a shot. I never understood a lot of Cap haterz because I always thought he could be pretty cool, going back to that brief stint done by Steranko. Didn't he have the smoking Steve Rogers? These days no hero in Marvel can light up anymore.

** Correction: Here is the interview and it was the Invaders/Avengers mini.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-20-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    RR confirms Scott Hanna was on the title a lot but that's probably the inker I've seen the most on his ASM. Janson is just so heavy-handed IMO its like he's using a dull crayon or something at times. He is considered a top inker in the industry and has been around for a while but I just never liked his style. I think it's gotten worse over the years. What JR jr has been doing is drawing what I call Lego with somewhat squared off heads people more often than not these days. It's a big change from his days on Iron Man days with Bob Layton years ago.
    Yeah. Janson is pretty heavy handed, though it doesn't help JRJR has been really loose on pencils for a while now. The only other guy I think that has inked JRJR in the last few years has been Tom Palmer and he's cut from the same cloth Janson is.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRonin View Post
    Yeah. Janson is pretty heavy handed, though it doesn't help JRJR has been really loose on pencils for a while now. The only other guy I think that has inked JRJR in the last few years has been Tom Palmer and he's cut from the same cloth Janson is.
    JR jr is a work horse though and I will give him that. Wasn't he doing two titles a month for a while when he was on ASM? That's a rare occurence these days. Jack Kirby had two amazing runs at his peak and that was the middle issues of his Fantastic Four run and the often overlooked run on Thor with the bonus feature "Tales of Asgard". JR jr probably has been juggling different projects, like movie storyboards I hear for the Kick Ass stuff.

Tom Palmer has been around for longer than Janson and I like his work a lot more. I always thought he teamed up well with guys like Colan and Buscema. Don't know his DC stuff though.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

JR jr is a work horse though and I will give him that. Wasn't he doing two titles a month for a while when he was on ASM? That's a rare occurence these days. Jack Kirby had two amazing runs at his peak and that was the middle issues of his Fantastic Four run and the often overlooked run on Thor with the bonus feature "Tales of Asgard". JR jr probably has been juggling different projects, like movie storyboards I hear for the Kick Ass stuff.
    Yeah. JRJR was doing Bruce Jones' Hulk while doing ASM. Both looked pretty good from what I recall. I'm sure he's a busy man these days and it doesn't help that Marvel keeps putting him on team books or books with large casts. Cap is a good gig for him, even though I'd prefer someone else on the book.

Tom Palmer has been around for longer than Janson and I like his work a lot more. I always thought he teamed up well with guys like Colan and Buscema. Don't know his DC stuff though.
    Palmer is the kind of guy who I couldn't really tell you what he's done, but I know his name, know his status, and know he's been around for a while and seems to still be working and you got to respect that.

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

We're entering some philosophical stuff here, but Pym is not Ultron's father (I don't care what Ultron calls him), Ultron is not a person. Pym BUILT Ultron, everything that Ultron is is a direct result of Pym. It's not like Pym invented a bomb and that bomb was used by someone else. The very thing Pym created, which you admit IS Pym only without morals, kills people. Those deaths are directly tied to Pym.

Except he's not. He's making choices Pym would make, given a certain situation.
    But that's contradicted by the Vision, who made his own choice to reject his programming and turn on Ultron. Is Ultron then responsible for all the times Vision helped save the world? The MU has established AIs to be their own sentient beings making their own decisions. Ultron isn't just a robot version of Hank Pym, just like the Vision isn't a robot version of Wonder Man and the 2nd Vision wasn't just a robot version of Iron Lad...his brainwaves were the original template sure, but he rapidly grew beyond them into his own being.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Hank Pym is not responsible for everything Ultron does, he's his father, not his master. Ultron is his own sentient being capable of making his own choices, just like Jacosta or Vision. Are Dr. Doom's parents responsible for everything bad he's done? No. Neither are Magneto's parents.
    Nobody said otherwise.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

I liked Brubaker's Captain America run a lot too. Little things like the way he portrayed Steve's relationship with Namor made it a worthwhile read. I was sorry to read that Brubaker had a unpublished storyline built around the artifacts that the Red Skull found concerning a possible Von Doom ancestor. It had to be dropped because of Alex Ross's Cap mini series the Marvels Project ** also taking place in the past. But it turned out the stories weren't going to be all that similar anyway.

I've not read as much Remender but I'm willing to give it a shot. I never understood a lot of Cap haterz because I always thought he could be pretty cool, going back to that brief stint done by Steranko. Didn't he have the smoking Steve Rogers? These days no hero in Marvel can light up anymore.

** Correction: Here is the interview and it was the Invaders/Avengers mini.
    ** Oops, my bad re: JRJr. inker on ASM (I didn't read those, just googled and came across a 2008 interview from here, I suspect it was a different ASM .). I have always liked Ed's take on Doom too. Too bad he couldn't work that storyline you mentioned in. To me, it read like Ed had as much fun with Doom as he did Namor.

Cap can be fun and put into many different scenarios, I'm a long time Planet of the Apes fan so the JRJr. art (despite the blockhead/gigantic kid heads thing) in Dimensioin Z kind of made me think something like that with the Zola Moreau-like stuff thrown in. I've noticed a difference in his art too and not for the best. An old Punisher War Zone I have looks completely different.

Steranko, I'm embarassed to say, I have not read as much as would have to liked to by now (esp. with my interest in graphic design and pop art.), so I can't answer about Cap.

Well, I hope we all enjoy Cap. :)
    Last edited by aNamored; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    Don't even get me started about Jocasta, or the fact that Pym banged fellow beboponent, T****...
    You mean bangs. Pym and Tigra are still together.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    You mean bangs. Pym and Tigra are still together.
    But I thought the baby was fathered by Skrull-Pym. I lost track of all that to be honest. Wasn't she considering an abortion?

BANNED

I'll just say this, tomorrow, as you read Spider-Man 698, play this song along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    1) Is that supposed to be Black Widow?

2) If she swings that sword, all she's going to do in that picture is cut Moon Knight's leg off.

LOL! I bet that is why Moon Knight is screaming...

"Hey widow, watch where you swing that thing...."

Outside of this extremely fugly cover...

I am VERY happy....those interiors are beyond sweet.

Had a chuckle at the last line Marc utters in Bendy MK:

"I'd rather die in a robot holocaust than spend another second in Hollywood..."

Looks down at work and realizes I should get back to it. Again.

But I thought the baby was fathered by Skrull-Pym. I lost track of all that to be honest. Wasn't she considering an abortion?
    The baby was fathered by Skrull-Pym, but normal Pym and Tigra have banged and are together.

And she did have a little cat-baby and his name is William.

WORLD'S GREATEST PENCILER!!i
    That cover?

or what is implied on that cover...

please tell me you mean the interiors...