Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dragonball Z: Battle Of The Gods (2012 Movie)

The new DBZ movie taking place during the ten year gap at the end of DBZ. I found this scan on some random forum, google "Battle of the Gods" and you'll probably get various forums/articles about the movie.

I was not expecting a purple cat for a main villain...

Is this part of the series canon at all? The other DBZ movies sort of did their own thing I think, and are difficult to fit into the continuity of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    As opposed to pink bubblegum, bug looking thing, ambiguous gender alien?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Is this part of the series canon at all? The other DBZ movies sort of did their own thing I think, and are difficult to fit into the continuity of the series.
    This movie is supposedly part of canon as Toriyama is the one writing.

It takes place in the years in between the defeat of Buu and the last tournament where Goku fights Uub.

Team Four Star is going to have a field day.

But seriously, looking forward to it.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

This cat-Anubis villain seems more original than most DBZ movie enemies aside from Hildegarde....and Broly I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think this one might actually be canon. As much as Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return! can be considered canon. More canon than Dragonball Online can claim to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Touche. But the bubblegum monster is still my favorite villain, since Kid Buu actually destroyed the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    This cat-Anubis villain seems more original than most DBZ movie enemies aside from Hildegarde....and Broly I guess.
    If it turns out like the last DBZ special and he's some kind of comic-relief villain... well, this is supposedly being released in theaters, so I trust that they won't pull that move again.

If it turns out like the last DBZ special and he's some kind of comic-relief villain... well, this is supposedly being released in theaters, so I trust that they won't pull that move again.
    I don't particularly mind having comic relief villains myself, but I'm guessing that these villains won't be. At least not entirely.

I wonder who the fiery headed, staff wielding dude in the background is. I guess he's the one who summons cat-Anubis or some similar role.

Please

the term is Freaky Alien Genotype
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

The new DBZ movie taking place during the ten year gap at the end of DBZ. I found this scan on some random forum, google "Battle of the Gods" and you'll probably get various forums/articles about the movie.

Wait, is Gohan going SSJ in that picture? Did they forget about his Mystic powerup again?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Wait, is Gohan going SSJ in that picture? Did they forget about his Mystic powerup again?
    I've read some comments from fans who think this movie will 'explain' why Gohan was a SSJ in DBGT.

Which would be good, because it means the Z-Warriors are facing a unique enemy who can munch their stats. Since Goku's a SSJ in this picture, unless they just wanted to stick with his "iconic" look, I would think they'd paint him as a SSJ3 to demonstrate the caliber of his opponent. However, since Gohan's a SSJ again, they might be facing an enemy who doesn't just "escalate" in power but actually weakens the heroes through...

...maybe Toriyama just forgot about Gohan's transformations.

But since they are facing "gods" this time around, it wouldn't be far-fetched if there was an evil deity who could reduce or take away the power that Elder Kai unlocked for Gohan. Afterall, in one film, there was a gas that could disrupt Ki, preventing the heroes from using energy attacks or powering up.
    Last edited by Kamina; 11-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Well, Toriyama did say it took him a while to get back into the swing of things.

Wouldn't really be odd if he forgot this detail.
    Last edited by Hazard; 11-18-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Except Broly got used 3 times, with him growing weaker with each successive movie, to the point he failed to KO Krillin for most of the movie in the 3rd.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Except Broly got used 3 times, with him growing weaker with each successive movie, to the point he failed to KO Krillin for most of the movie in the 3rd.
    broly only appeared in 2 movies

Well, Toriyama did say it took him a while to get back into the swing of things.

Wouldn't really be odd if he forgot this detail.
    Well, you'd think that "getting back into the swing of things" would involve reading his own manga.

...Then again, maybe he just didn't feel like rereading the Buu Saga.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    broly only appeared in 2 movies
    Well, technically the third was a clone thing, but it's still basically reusing the same guy.