Default Is anyone else not enjoying Rotworld as much as they expected to?

Don't get me wrong, it's not BAD its just....OK.

Like I'd much rather have Buddy and Alec team up together in these issues to fight these things in the present time even if that sounds cliche.

Again, its not bad its just....with the creative teams we have, we should be getting 10/10 but instead we're getting 7.5-low 8/10.....if that makes sense

It's actually just picking up for me. I was very unimpressed with the first few chapters, but the latest installments of Swamp Thing and Animal Man have been much, much stronger.

Animal Man still hasn't reached the level at which it once operated, but Swamp Thing is as good as it has ever been -- probably better, honestly.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

No, its not just you. As the titles started gearing up for the event (months ago) I was really hyped about it. But I think it took so long for us to get to where we are now, and honestly Rotworld is just finally starting in earnest, that the impact has waned.

I mean okay, what issue was it where Animal Man set out to find Alec Holland? I dont remember, but it feels like its been forever. And issue after issue, the Baker family didnt seem to get any closer to finding the Swamp Thing. And I began to question whether or not this story was ever going to get going, or told at all. A few issues really felt that they were just spinning wheels, waiting for everything to line up correctly.

Now, after all this time, it almost feels like Rotworld should be coming to a close, or already done, rather than just really starting out.

As I understand it, Lemire and Snyder didnt plan this crossover at first. They were both doing their own thing, and someone realized how well those two storylines would sync up. So from there, the writers, editors, whoever, had to get together and hash it all out. Im sure that took time, and both comics were already under way before that process began. Or at least, I believe so.

Im sure Rotworld is going to be good. Im sure that next year, after the dust has settled, I'll look back and think it was a hell or a ride. But right now yeah, it feels more than a little dragged out.

To be honest, after this past week's issues I'm about ready to drop them both and just be done with it all (I was hoping to make it through this story, but I just don't know if I can anymore). This story has been so drug out, I'm finding it's just not worth my time or money.

That's not to say that any of it has been bad, I just don't think it's been deserving of a storyline that's taken the better part of two years to tell...

I'm just a little burned out by the Rot. I'd like to see something new. I mean, by the time this ends, the Rot will have been front and center in Swamp Thing for about a year and a half.
    Current Comic Book of the Week: Batgirl #27 ...

I was not impressed with the first installments, but the latest issues were actually rather good. I have a feeling this event is one that is tamping up, and it looks like it's headed somewhere very awesome. It's just taking its sweet time getting there.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

I haven't enjoyed Swamp Thing's or Animal Man's entire series as much as I expected or hoped to. So for me, Rotworld is about par for the course. Vaguely disappointing.

yeah for me there has been a bit of waning...its good, but for reason something does not feel quite right either...

One thing I have to say about the current Swamp Thing and Animal Man books is that it seems like they have been making a conscious effort to homage the coloring style of the Vertigo (or proto-Vertigo) books of the late 1980s, and I really hate it. It flattens the art and makes it harder to read the images in a lot of cases.