Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doctor Who Companions VS James Bond Universe

Every Doctor Who ever companion gets six hour to prep with their Doctor in their TARDIS.

The Bonds get 6 hours prep at MI6 head quarters with their version of Q

Fight One: The Companions face against every James Bond (Connery to Craig) in a large scientific facility.

Fight Two: The Companions must take out both the MI6, and every Bond Villain, each with all of their resources, Whoniverse side gets no prep, or additional resources besides standard equipment.
    Last edited by Stigma Rex; 11-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    Fight One: The Companions face against every James Bond (Connery to Craig) in a large scientific facility.
    You just KNOW how this one ends....
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Every Doctor Who companion would include a guy who can't be killed, a deadly female warrior, a super genius from the future who knows martial arts, a robot dog with a blaster nose, a shape changing robot, and two Time Ladies. I think they along with the others could take the Bonds.

For the second fight, Richard Nixon traveled in the TARDIS and thus technically was a companion, so all the resources of the United States would be on the Companions' side. Also, Martha would have access to a lot of resources from UNIT.

First:Based on sheer volume the Doctor and companions would win. Its what something like 60 or more of them. So baring the Bonds get machine guns they run out of bullets.

Second: The companions lose. Unlike the Doctor Who verse, MI6 can actually hit the things they are shooting at.
    Thanos then turns Supes' balls into kryptonite, taking him out, leaving just Black Adam and Captain Marvel who then cling to each other in terror screaming "I love you!"
    - Illidania

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron just before killing Ironhide

Proud Member of the RED SON

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

1. Ace blows everything up.
    2. Ace blows everything up. Also hits Sean Connery with a baseball bat and remarks that sometimes you just gotta smack a dude when he won't shut up.

Failing that in scenario 2, given prep time in the TARDIS, Romana can probably get/make a handheld device to smash the Earth into the sun if she wants. She's a particularly bright Time Lord with six hours of access to the full resources of a TARDIS. If she wants to, she can probably invert the planet's gravity or something.

Edit: Also the moon because Moon Raker. In fact, lets just smash the moon into the Earth. Romana 2 can probably get a teleporter or something together while Romana 1 works on the doomsday device so that they're all long gone when it happens.

Edit: I mean cripes, with six hours of PIS-less prep in a TARDIS, Peri can probably make a doomsday device.

Edit: Do they get access to the TARDIS of their era? If so, someone is coming out with The Hand of Omega, and welp, say goodbye to the Sun.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-11-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Theoretically, someone opens the heart of the TARDIS and goes Rose Tyler on the bonds, scattering their atoms etc. Sacrifice one companion - who a doctor could save before regenerationg - for near omnipotence.

That, or Captain Jack just wanders around with a vortex manipulator and wastes everyone.

Both of these scenarios appear to be terrible stomps.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

the brig walks in

"chap with the licence to kill...5 rounds rapid."

and let's loose the ace "chipmunk of doom" and leela "stabbykins" about 2 seconds before 007 goes down.

somehow Jaws switches sides...he knows where the women are at :D.
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

since it looks like the Companions are at an advantage I am adjusting the OP.

My card

I don't think there's really a way to make this an even fight. If you handicap the companions, they'll just get shot. Well, I guess the Brigadier did punch out Satan once IIRC.

Forever
    Wherever

BANNED

Jamie McCrimmon would whip out his trusty dirk, and the Bond girls would all immediately faint.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I don't think there's really a way to make this an even fight. If you handicap the companions, they'll just get shot. Well, I guess the Brigadier did punch out Satan once IIRC.
    So with just standard equipment the companions don't stand a chance against the Bond universe in scenario 2?

My card

BANNED

So with just standard equipment the companions don't stand a chance against the Bond universe in scenario 2?
    Not necessarily. Captain Jack is still unkillable and an expert with most weapons, Leela is a trained fighter as is Jamie, K9 is effectively a miniature tank with artificial intelligence and Martha has presumably received UNIT training. Since you could arguably also throw in the Brigadier and his two UNIT sidekicks Benton and Yates and also Lt. Harry Sullivan of the Royal Navy, I think there's still a fair amount of skill there.

Most of them don't really have much by way of standard equipment except for stuff that will let them curbstomp. Jack's got a time travelling teleport sometimes, which would be an autowin even if he only had two shots with it. Sarah Jane has K-9 and Mr. Smith, depending on what's allowed, which would also both probably autowin the scenario in various ways. Ace has bombs, so she makes a good showing, but there's only so much Nitro-9 she can carry in that backpack. It's pretty much either they have equipment that gives them an autowin, or they have virtually nothing. When these guys have significant equipment, it's of the plot device variety.

At any rate, I will pay someone actual money to shoot River I'm-actually-Moffat's-female-self-insert Song.

Forever
    Wherever

At any rate, I will pay someone actual money to shoot River I'm-actually-Moffat's-female-self-insert Song.
    I find your views intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Every Doctor Who ever companion gets six hour to prep with their Doctor in their TARDIS.

The Bonds get 6 hours prep at MI6 head quarters with their version of Q

Fight Two: The Companions must take out both the MI6, and every Bond Villain, each with all of their resources, Whoniverse side gets no prep, or additional resources besides standard equipment.
    To be sure, a lot of the Companions would be irrelevant here. Some carried no standard equipment except the clothing they wore. Others would stand no chance against bullets. But you've got prep and you've got Romana, two incarnations in fact. One of them is married to Richard Dawkins. I have no idea what relevance that is, just thought I'd throw it in. You've got a robot dog. You've got a Brigadier who commands the entire United Nations Intelligence Taskforce and has a pretty wide open ability to get stuff. Besides, apparently, prep includes anything the TARDIS has proven capable of providing. I don't see the Bonds winning this.