View Poll Results: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE

Voters
17. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • IRONMAN VOL.1-2

0 0%
  • IRONMAN: ARMOR WARS

1 5.88%
  • ULTIMATE HUMAN

0 0%
  • CAPTAIN AMERICA

0 0%
  • THOR

2 11.76%
  • HAWKEYE

0 0%
  • WOLVERINE VS HULK

0 0%
  • ULTIMATE POWER

0 0%
  • ULTIMATUM

0 0%
  • GALACTUS TRILOGY (Nightmare, Secret, Extinction)

8 47.06%
  • ULTIMATE X

1 5.88%
  • ULTIMATE DOOMSDAY (Enemy, Mystery, Doom)

4 23.53%
  • ULTIMATE FALLOUT

1 5.88%
    BANNED

Default What is your favorite ultimate mini series

What is your favorite ultimate mini series

(the various ultimates and ulti avengers series dont count, the ultimate ironman series that is still underway does not count as it is not finished)

USE THE POLL PLEASE
    Last edited by Movieartman; 11-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.

I may be in the minority here but I liked the Thor mini series. I would like it if a writer decided to be brave and not depict Balder as Mr Perfect though - when Longshot in Ultimate X Men turned out to be a baddie it made for a terrific twist.

One more thing - Ultimate Loki looked a lot like his movie counterpart (clever casting). And I think just everyone here knows what their least favourite Mini is!

On Vacation

This is a hard one but the GALACTUS TRILOGY is still probably the best. Ultimate Thor comes close though.

BANNED

My Top 5 (I always love doing these)
    1. The Ultimates
    2. The Ultimate Galactus Trilogy
    3. The Ultimates 2
    4. Ultimate Comics: Captain America (my favourite four issue Ultimate mini series)
    5. Ultimate Wolverine VS Hulk.

Ultimate Human would be my sixth.

“Thinking sucks” -Beavis andrewtheking's Avatar

Galactus trilogy

Galactus Trilogy wins hands down. Within that, the publication order is the same as quality: Nightmare, Secret, Extinction. Vision is probably right on par with Extinction. But seriously, Ultimate Nightmare is just outstanding. The first issue is one of my favorite comic books of all time.

Everything in order:

Galactus
    Human
    Thor
    Wolverine vs Hulk
    Armor Wars
    Six
    War
    Hawkeye
    X
    Origins
    Iron Man by OSC
    Doomsday
    Captain America
    Power
    Daredevil and Elektra
    Elektra
    Adventures
    Ultimatum

I can't really place Fallout, since it's an anthology series. There's also Daredevil and Elektra, Elektra, Adventures, Origins, War and Six missing from the poll, so I added them.

And Doomsday would have been a lot higher if not for it's weak, rushed, anticlimactic ending. I enjoyed Enemy and Mystery, but Bendis stretched them out so much that there wasn't much room to finish everything, so Doom just fell flat. The art from Sandoval was outstanding, though.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Warren Ellis' Galactus trilogy was just perfect. As I have said before; Ellis just GOT what the point of the Ultimate Universe was, and it shows in every book he writes for it.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Warren Ellis' Galactus trilogy was just perfect. As I have said before; Ellis just GOT what the point of the Ultimate Universe was, and it shows in every book he writes for it.
    Yeah, I don't think any other writer has really gotten exactly what it means to write in the Ultimate Universe - from a broad viewpoint, at least - like Ellis, except for Hickman.

Now, that's not to say that other writers haven't produced good - often even amazing - stories. Ultimate Spider-man - outstanding. Wood's Ultimate X-Men - fantastic. Millar's Ultimates - obviously great. But when reading the Galactus Trilogy, I get a feeling of "ohhhh, THIS is why there's an Ultimate Universe." His writing is basically a huge view of the UU and how it should be. Even Millar, who has had a hand in every book except for Spider-man, seemed a lot more narrowly focused, especially on his Avengers run.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, I don't think any other writer has really gotten exactly what it means to write in the Ultimate Universe - from a broad viewpoint, at least - like Ellis, except for Hickman.

Now, that's not to say that other writers haven't produced good - often even amazing - stories. Ultimate Spider-man - outstanding. Wood's Ultimate X-Men - fantastic. Millar's Ultimates - obviously great. But when reading the Galactus Trilogy, I get a feeling of "ohhhh, THIS is why there's an Ultimate Universe." His writing is basically a huge view of the UU and how it should be. Even Millar, who has had a hand in every book except for Spider-man, seemed a lot more narrowly focused, especially on his Avengers run.
    I understand what you guys are saying. It's more like an everyone is involved world right. When a threat that affects the world occurs it should affect everyone not just a select few. A lot of times characters are just left in the void and the readers are wondering why they didn't help out or anything. I like the world or universe wide-threats as much as the next guy but I like the down to earth villains as well so long as it's done right.

If Ultimate War is a mini than that is my #1. If not, Gah Lak Tus is.

1. War/Gah Lak Tus
    2. Wolverine vs Hulk
    3. Power
    4. Six
    5. Thor
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!