Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure why anyone thinks this is a Hyper Adapter? I'm mean did it say something like that in the description of the issue or is it just speculation based on the cover alone? I just hope I'm not missing anything.

If it's the latter then I'd like to add my 2 cents in. I think it's just Vyndktvx himself trying to expunge the very concept of Superman from all of time as we can see from the fact that Superman is shown to be in his t-shirt and jeans and in his armor being "operated" on. It seems to be that this is just Superman being picked apart all through out his personal time line at once as only Vyndktvx can manage because of his 5D status.

Side note: I actually read through issues 5 and 6 of Action comics (original printing) and it seems to me that that takes place at some point in the final fight or just before it. One thing that really stuck out to me was the comments that Erik Drekken said. In one instance he says "I'm there at the end with the rest--the Anti-Superman army--a bloody red sunset at the end of days--a planet of skeletons--and you--I have to warn you...it's not the end not yet..."

I think the end of days is referring to the end of time in issue #15 of Action comics. Also we see that Erik is warning Superman of all of this. We know from the 0 issue that he is not out to destroy earth or anything like that...in fact he's there to save it...from the Multitude aka Vyndktvx. How would Erik feel know that his revenge on Superman could get the earth destroyed by the very thing that he changed himself to beat?

So I think one of the back ups deals with this "climactic moment" and it could lead to Superman's victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone thinks this is a Hyper Adapter? I'm mean did it say something like that in the description of the issue or is it just speculation based on the cover alone? I just hope I'm not missing anything.
    It's just because it looks vaguely like the Hyper Adapter.

But, again, we saw that the 'true form' of a 5 D Imp was this in Batman RIP with Batmite, and Morrison confirmed that that this was the 'true form' popping out in an interview.

Morrison finally revealed the green monster over the shoulder of Bat-mite in "Batman: RIP" to be what Bat-mite actually looks like in the fifth dimension peeking out.

"I had this idea the creatures in the fifth dimension were so appalling to look at, they couldn't show themselves to humans. It's not because they're bad, it's just because if we were to look at them we'd fall apart and shit ourselves. Bat-mite very kindly disguises himself as a child-like version of Batman. What you see is the face of something in the fifth dimension.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41634

Okay?
    Last edited by Desaad; 11-11-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

One more since the bastards limit images!

Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    I was pronouncing it Vindictivix (like in matrix), but I like it as Vindictive X (or Vindictivex) also. The fact that it's kind of both really appeals to me. Also, fits with -ex/-ix latin suffixes.

Transfix really stuck out to me because of how similar v and f can sound. Where "-fix" is from "figere" (to pierce, fasten; to thrust in), I'm reminded of Pierce/Hurt/Wayne:

- Wayne ("to strip/empty of all contents; of a person, nation, institution: To decline in power, importance, prosperity, or renown")
    - Hurt ("to injure, do harm or mischief to; to give mental pain to; to grieve, distress, vex, offend")
    - Pierce ("to affect keenly or deeply with emotion (as pain, grief, etc.); to penetrate; to pass or break through or into something, esp. as or in the manner of a sharp-pointed object")

Since Vindictive is 'from L. vindicta "revenge"' with -f/vix it can be read literally as: "to fasten revenge" or "to attach revenge" or "to pierce with revenge." Or, more nominally, "Fixed Revenge"/"Determined Vengeance."

That, to me, screams Hyper-Adapter.

He is a directed revenge (a weapon/means of revenge)--the embodiment of vengeance.

I can see where you're coming from and I must say that's very good on your part for linking all of those word, but wouldn't it be possible that he is just a 5D imp with no link to the forth world at all but he (in the grand outlook of things) represents Superman's "Hyper-Adapter"? Just as Hurt was Batman's personal devil, Vyndktvx is Superman's personal devil (Grant has actually said this).

The two don't have to be related at all but could serve the same goal for their respective heroes in similar ways (Grant does this a lot in his work).

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    It's just because it looks vaguely like the Hyper Adapter.

But, again, we saw that the 'true form' of a 5 D Imp was this in Batman RIP with Batmite, and Morrison confirmed that that this was the 'true form' popping out in an interview.

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6_jN6U4NoSY/TxUDENAlP9I/AAAAAAAAAQI/sEExXlVE1ko/s1600/dr+hurt+1.jpg[IMG]

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41634

Okay?

Oh ok, thanks a lot Desaad.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Easier just to post this quick synopsis from comicvine:

An interesting idea if Morrison used it again, this time for New 52 Superman. Of course its just as plausible as stated above that this is just another representation of Vyndktvx.
    Thanx for clearing that up. Interesting indeed. Could it be a hint that Final Crisis did happen in the new52? I doubt it of course, but who knows...
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Thanx for clearing that up. Interesting indeed. Could it be a hint that Final Crisis did happen in the new52? I doubt it of course, but who knows...
    I have serious doubts about that...

Batman incorporated is the hint that Final Crisis still happened in the new 52.

Considering it never really adhered to the reboot in any shape or form anyway, I consider Batman Inc. out of New 52 continuity. In any case though there's maybe a chance that FC happened for Darkseid and the New Gods, considering their status. I'm assuming however for the New 52 in particular though, it never happened.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Batman Inc should be the only book they kept in the old universe
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

One of Rags Morales' best covers!

No doubt Grant Morrison will bring his arc to an epic conclusion! (and no doubt he will be missed)

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I have serious doubts about that...
    Yeah, I know. It just doesn't fit into the new continuity.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Superman is supposed to be die in this event at hands of Superdoom ,isnt he?Maybe its related to death and how he came back.