Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Would the Diana Prince name be alright if it was a given name by Hippolyta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    I really hope they do something about the choker and armband by the time Justice League starts filming, because I don't want the actress to get cut because of those things. What happens if Diana looks down? I think Chaing draws her better than Lee.
    The armband looks fine to me it just seems to be a fashion thing. And I can't see how an actress would get hurt with them on an experienced set. Yeah if Wonder Woman is filmed on a Peter Jackson or Michael Bay type set where they don't seem to take all the neccessary safety precautions for their actors maybe, but I highly doubt the jewelry will be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Was any one else mildly annoyed by how lazy that design sheet is? Compare it to the Batman, Superman, Flash and Green Lantern ones and it looks like the put zero effort into it. It was like they had no concept designs lying around the office for WW. Or for Aquaman and Cyborg either since I remember theirs being just as crappy.

And lol at Real name: Diana Prince. That really should have been secret identity or civilian identity.
    for Wonder Woman's Sketchbook looks like they simply took 3 images Chiang drew for the series and cropped them. Than cropped another panel from Wonder Woman issue #1. You also have to take into account they decidd against the pants a little last minute, so they did just kind of photoshop her without them. That sounds like a lame excuse but it could be what happened.

Batman, Superman, Flash and Green Lantern have completed concepts.

Cyborg's got a halfway done one. They didn't bother to color it in so its the only true sketch. It still slightly bugs me that Cyborg is still drawn inconsistently.

For Aquaman they wanted to give him more Crustacean looking armor at first, but than decided against it. His costume seems like it was debated a lot than they just decided to go with the original.

So basically you are right Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg didn't get complete sketches the heroes did, but to be honest none of the costumes are drastic departures from the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Except we have absolutely nothing in the nu52 that says she has a secret/civilian identity, do we?
    Nope. But then her real name is not Diana Prince, is it?

Yet it states her name is Diana Prince. Unless she has been giving that name by the military and now calls that her real name. That would be interesting if the amazons went by surnames.

The only way I see her be giving the name Diana Prince if one of the goddess the amazons are good with state to Hippoltya to give her daughter that name.
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 11-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    On the DC Comics database, WW is listed as 6'0" and 130lbs.
    Does that realistically make sense for a 6 foot tall woman with an athletic build to weight only 130 pounds?
    I'd think she would weigh somewhere from 160 to 180.
    Your thoughts?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(Diana_Prince)

Gabrielle Reece is 6'3" and 170lbs. according to wikipedia and is someone I'd consider to have a similiar build to Diana if she really existed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabrielle_Reece

It's not supposed to be realistic. Given that Amazonian physiology isn't normal I'd say she's very exceptional. But when a WW movie does get made, I think hey definitely need her to have an athletic physique. I don't care if she'll weigh 160 lbs.

I'd say 6"-6"3
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    But when a WW movie does get made, I think hey definitely need her to have an athletic physique. I don't care if she'll weigh 160 lbs.
    I think the key is her height, too. Near-6', no shorter than 5'10". Just looked up a list of tall actresses - http://www.imdb.com/list/Dlxs6k74-rA/
    I'd gladly see Rachel Nichols, Adrianne Palicki, Kristanna Loken, or Blake Lively. Given a few months to bulk up, I think they'd look like great Dianas. ...w/ black hair dye, obviously (all have blue eyes already luckily!)!
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Just looked up images of Gabrielle Reece...and I think you're right. Her physique seems exactly how Diana's would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    Just looked up images of Gabrielle Reece...and I think you're right. Her physique seems exactly how Diana's would appear.
    Thanks for agreeing.

Kristanna Loken would rock great choice!

Kristanna Loken. She 5 10 in height. Dye her hair black, have her gain 15+ pounds of muscle like she did for Terminator 3 movie and she would rock that spot. Plus in REAL life she bi-sexual. So she would fit in on that island of women also.

http://forum.girlswithmuscle.com/index.php?topic=2852.0

http://www.iofilm.co.uk/feats/interv...loken_t3.shtml

Also what about: Alana De La Garza?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I think the key is her height, too. Near-6', no shorter than 5'10". Just looked up a list of tall actresses - http://www.imdb.com/list/Dlxs6k74-rA/
    I'd gladly see Rachel Nichols, Adrianne Palicki, Kristanna Loken, or Blake Lively. Given a few months to bulk up, I think they'd look like great Dianas. ...w/ black hair dye, obviously (all have blue eyes already luckily!)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Lynda C is 5-9, probably close to 6 when she wore the 1.5 inch heels while filming "walking scenes". I think anything over 5-8 would be appropriate if one would wish to have a "tall" Diana. Also choosing male actors under 6-3 would help the cause if necessary.

Some Heights and Weights of other super heroes!! All from the offical comcis references guide:

The Heights & Weights Of Various Women Hero In Comics. All infomation is from the offical reference books.

Artemis

6 foot

166 lbs

BatGirl

5 5

142 lbs

Batwoman

5 11

145 lbs

Black Canary

5 5

145 lbs

Circe

5 11

145 lbs

Donna Troy

5 9

140 lbs

Hawlgirl

5 7

123 lbs

Hippolyta

5 9

150 lbs

Huntress

5 11

148 lbs

Iris

5 10

139 lbs

Lady Blackhawk

5 7

117 lbs

Lady Shiva

5 8

141 lbs

Liberty Belle

5 9

142 lbs

Manhunter

5 8

145 lbs

Oracle

5 11

148 lbs

Power Girl

5 7

160 lbs

Raven

5 8

135 lbs

Saturn Girl

5 7

120 lbs

Speedy

5 4

105 lbs

Starfire

6 4

158 lbs

Stargirl

5 7

127 lbs

Star Sapphire

5 7

125 lbs

Terra

5 5

125 lbs

Wondergirl

5 4

130 lbs

Wonderwoman

6 ft

165 lbs

Zatanna

5 7

135 lbs

Gone

Its MAGIC!

Artemis Wonder Woman Cousin is

6 foot tall
    166 pounds

Artemis was born a member of the Bana Amazon sect that had split off from the Amazons of Themyscira. The Bana Amazons, under the leadership of Antiope (the Themysciran Queen Hippolyta's sister), left the island of Themyscira and settled in Egypt, where they founded an Amazon city named Bana-Mighdall. The Bana Amazons renounced the Olympian Gods and instead worshiped the Egyptian Goddesses Isis, Mammitu, Bast, Neith and Ishtar. The goddesses blessed the Bana Amazons with a perpetual sandstorm around their city to protect them from outsiders. The Bana traded their fighting skills and weapons in return for male slaves to increase their population, and Artemis was the result of one of these liaisons.

Along with her other close "realtives" vary in height a lot.

Donna Troy
    5 9
    140 pounds

Wonder girl
    5 4
    130 lbs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Starfire

6 4
    Is that with her massive hair-do?