Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    Maybe he'll get shot by a Rodian Bounty Hunter.
    Just because Jabba's dead doesn't mean there are no more Hutt's out there. His bounty could still be intact and they can use that storyline to give Han his send off.
    (I'd assume this would be in a flashback unless this picks up right after ROTJ).

Unless they plan on de-aging the actors for 7, I would expect that this will start up with the opening crawl explaining that in the years since the victory at Yavin, the Rebellion has continued to strike at the empire, and that Luke got married and had children, and Han and Lea had children, and that they are being trained in the ways of the force, along with other force wielders.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl View Post
    I think if they do appear, they won't be the main characters anymore but veterans passing the torch to new characters that will carry much of the action.
    this is exactly what i said on another forum....

I hope solo is yelling about how he didn't kill the princess, than he jumps off a really high sewage pipe in the deathstar.

I don't mind a brand new cast. BUT they have to do a better job than the last. ALOT better. Christensen was god-awful and the rest of the cast seemed dead on arrival. aside from the emperor,Mace and yoda.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

I'm not sure about this. I mean, I'd like to see them again in their roles, but they simply don't look the part anymore. Not sure. I'll just have to wait and see.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

The nostalgic side of me obviously would love to see them again, but like has been said above, I just don't think it would work now.

I'm okay with bringing back the original cast. Hell, I'm okay with them carrying another trilogy if necessary. Assuming 7, 8, and 9 continue the same feel as 4, 5, and 6 (which is a big question mark, obviously), then I don't see why Hamill and company can't continue on as the characters. The lightsaber fight scenes in the original trilogy weren't exactly complicated looking or require tons of physical exertion (at least in comparison to the stupidly complicated fight scenes the prequels had), and the rest of the action was blaster shootouts or sitting in the cockpit of spaceship. Certain things (Hoth) being exceptions, nothing the original cast did in the OT really required people being in their physical primes. And even then, alot can be masked by a stunt double these days.

Obviously I'm looking at the super-optimistic possibility, but I just thought I'd throw that out there for discussions sake.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Maybe he'll get shot by a Rodian Bounty Hunter.
    Maybe fat Leia will sit on his face.

Nothing wrong with them returning or not returning.If they do return they cant be main characters.Supporting charcters at most-personally Id prefer cameos

Quote Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with them returning or not returning.If they do return they cant be main characters.Supporting charcters at most-personally Id prefer cameos
    I wouldn't say "Can't", because they CAN do whatever they like. The best thing they can do is just cobble together a good story, and make a movie they themselves would like to see. If they do that instead of trying to make us all happy, the movie will be so much better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I wouldn't say "Can't", because they CAN do whatever they like. The best thing they can do is just cobble together a good story, and make a movie they themselves would like to see. If they do that instead of trying to make us all happy, the movie will be so much better for it.
    Amen

10char
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

While I have true level of disdain for the hype of Star Wars I will say this, James Earl Jones, Christopher Lee, Frank Oz, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, and Ian McDiarmid are by far the best parts of the series.

2007 Mutant League Champion

BANNED

Well, this is probably the continuation of a saga I care nothing about, but I wouldn't be averse to a remake ala Star Trek, where the actors not only did the original characters justice, but folding the performances of those original actors into their own.

Oddly enough, the dude who played Spock was the least evocative of the original character despite the physical resembalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I hope that is what they do: just make films you're happy with.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...