Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    although her shorts do seem to reflect the red color-- there is the darker lowlight and then the reflection of red, while her boots are just red, with no highlight or lowlight.....hmmmmmm

*wishful thinking* lol
    M
    Welllllll....spoilers:
    if she did slay Ares (which could be if the "Ares" on the cover of 17 is symbolic, a ghost, or a would-be successor), and she's being turned into the new War in spite of herself, maybe red boots would complement the bloody footsteps.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Not really sure why people think otherwise, but Diana is walking through fire that is reflecting off her boot, thus making them look red. If they actually were red, they would have been filled with no shady edges, which Chiang appears to avoid in most cases on this book.

Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

WONDER WOMAN #17
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by TONY AKINS and DAN GREEN
    Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    1:25 B&W Variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    On sale FEBRUARY 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    • Wonder Woman, War and Orion must join forces to save Zola’s baby from Hermes!
    • Orion’s reasons for helping Wonder Woman lead to a disastrous betrayal!
    • Plus: The truth about the dreaded First Born is revealed! Woe to the world...
    Art by TONY AKINS and DAN GREEN
    WTF? Not Akins again... :(
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Argh. C'mon, Chiang, it should be 4-2, not 2-2!

Seriously, isnt there ANYONE other than Akins that DC can find who can complement Chiang's style? How about Dustin Nguyen?

Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Pretty sure Azzarello wants Akins.

I vote for Kano. His part on issue #10 was very good, and his Swamp Thing #0 was awesome.

Moderate Moderator Javier Velasco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post
    Pretty sure Azzarello wants Akins.
    That may be, but writers often don't know what's best for them. Many tend to like artists that don't really add anything to their writing. Greg Rucka swore by Drew Johnston, whose images always took a back seat to the writing. But the stories became much more fluid and readable when Rags Morales took over the art duties.

Akins is part of the team and helped design some of the characters. Giving him the boot seems kind of cruel. He's not bad but that his figures are inconsistent.

There is someone else. Art by TONY AKINS and DAN GREEN

Remember #10? Atkins worked with Dan Green on #10 and it looked great. Dan Green drew the WW scenes, and Akins did the creature/horror scenes.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

Boo for no Chiang, but yay for another fantastic cover.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
    Akins is part of the team and helped design some of the characters. Giving him the boot seems kind of cruel. He's not bad but that his figures are inconsistent.

There is someone else. Art by TONY AKINS and DAN GREEN

Remember #10? Atkins worked with Dan Green on #10 and it looked great. Dan Green drew the WW scenes, and Akins did the creature/horror scenes.
    No, Dan Green is the inker. The first 9 pages for #10 were done by Kano. Akins and Green did the rest of the issue.

I gotta admit, even though I do like Akins art, I am pretty disappointed by this. I was really hoping that Chiang would be on for at east 3 issues, hopefully 4. And holy crap! Another betrayal? Really? It's a wonder at this point that Diana trusts anyone at all.
    Last edited by RandomFalls; 11-12-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    No, Dan Green is the inker. The first 9 pages for #10 were done by Kano. Akins and Green did the rest of the issue.

I gotta admit, even though I do like Akins art, I am pretty disappointed by this. I was really hoping that Chiang would be on for at east 3 issues, hopefully 4. And holy crap" Another betrayal? Really? It's a wonder at this point that Diana rusts anyone at all.

Well I have no basis for my statement, but I sure do have a funny feeling.. that Chiang is being phased out of the book. Pretty soon he'll probably be off permanently from the interior.

Considering the solicit mentioning Orion and War helping Diana rescue the baby, but then another betrayal...

spoilers:
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Diana killing Ares doesn't turn out true. I could see him trying to kill the baby or something and Wonder Woman killing him to protect the child
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Well I have no basis for my statement, but I sure do have a funny feeling.. that Chiang is being phased out of the book. Pretty soon he'll probably be off permanently from the interior.
    Unlikely. Chiang and Azzarello seem like a team, they were apparently going up to work on a different project together before asked to work on Wonder Woman. Plus given that Chiang has pretty much designed the look of almost every character who's appeared in the book thus far, I doubt he'd leave.