Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    On his twitter, he mentions it in response to a fan's comment: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...28824712159232
    Ah, THANK YOU! And bless Anton White for asking.

"Namor is coming!" LOL! Of course he is.

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    I want Namor to regain his latent abilities to take on the powers of various fish/oceany creatures. Even bulls##t ones like the Hypno-Fish. Being able to puff up like a puffer fish or generate electricity like an electric eel, that'd make him more interesting. If it was good enough for Kirby, it's damn well good enough for Bendis or Hickman.
    O_O

I love Namor and I love cracktastic Namor. But I think we can all do without Puffer Fish Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hickman's New Avengers. Not Uncanny. He might guest star though.
    That's a possibility but I think he would have specifically mentioned Hickman or New Avengers if he was talking about someone else's book. Although I think you are right about the guest star thing. The fact that he has not been shown to be a member of any of the teams yet makes it look like he will be more a supporting character.

If bendis includes Namor in his cast of Uncanny, I'll forgive him everything.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    On his twitter, he mentions it in response to a fan's comment: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...28824712159232
    Probably a tie-in to NA or a rejoin in which case let the Emma/Namor commence

Well the realistic option is that Namor will severe all his links to X. Hickman said it in his formspring (too lazy to search for link) that Namor won't consider himself part of X-Men. And in consequences #4 he got his old-school uniform (read: he was half-naked), so we can say farewell to King of Atlantis.

I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Well the realistic option is that Namor will severe all his links to X. Hickman said it in his formspring (too lazy to search for link) that Namor won't consider himself part of X-Men. And in consequences #4 he got his old-school uniform (read: he was half-naked), so we can say farewell to King of Atlantis.
    And just as I was getting used to Namor with the X-Men...
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

www.peopleyouknow.tv

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    And just as I was getting used to Namor with the X-Men...
    Marvel's timing is priceless. Now, when I really want Namor to remain in X-men, they make him Avenger again. If they did it year ago, I would understand.
    You're not alone. (sorry for quoting myself, hope you forgive)

I am anti-EU

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Namor just doesn't fit on the team anymore- he isn't a fugitive and has no interest in the JGS.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Yeah, i think Gillen was really limited with what he could do with Namor. I'm sure he knew since the beginning of his UXM run that Namor would have destroyed Wakanda and the fall out wouldn't happen in his books. By the time AvX had ended, Hickman would have already written his scripts, so Gillen couldn't do anything substantial with the character. The same with Emma and Scott with Bendis.
    Hmmm. That may be for Emma and Scott, but if Bendis doesn't cover it, I'm going to be miffed. Plus, what I really wanted to see was some clarification on how Namor and Emma feel for each other -- which wouldn't have had to reveal much about Emma and Scott at all.

As for Namor, that doesn't seem to be the case, as Hickman has said, New Avengers starts months after AvX within the comic. All we got from his pages in Consequences, was he wasn't being held in Wakanda. We haven't got squat about his situation with the X-Men -- something I doubt Hickman is going to be concerned with in the Illuminati. I'm not even going to start ranting about where the heck are the Atlanteans.

I don't think Gillen was limited, so much as he's focused on what he wants to do in his stories, and allows little room for anything that doesn't support his theme / plot. As much as I love his voice for Namor, we really got zero stories ABOUT Namor -- not even an end to the Shaw plot line. Everything he wrote with Namor was to set him as a romantic rival for Scott and support Scott's story. Considering what we got, I'm really surprised he even bothered with Namor in Consequences.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hickman's New Avengers. Not Uncanny. He might guest star though.
    At this point, I'd settle for that. I think it would be vastly amusing if Magneto and Cyke went to break Emma out and Namor had already done so. It really makes no sense that Namor is leaving Emma to rot away in a pant suit, for goodness sakes!

Marvel's timing is priceless. Now, when I eally want Namor to remain in X-men, they make him Avenger again. If they did it year ago, I would understand.
    The thing is, he's an Illuminati in that book. Just like he's always been an Illuminati while he's been in the X-books. There really isn't a change of teams.

If bendis includes Namor in his cast of Uncanny, I'll forgive him everything.
    Well, it would certainly make the book a "must buy" for me.
    Last edited by Rheged; 11-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.

I don't have problem with Namor being both part of Illuminati and X-Men. For me, he has a lot in common with X-men, it's just that most writers overlook that.

Namor is the first anti-hero. Outlaw. He has his own coda.
    He protects atlanteans, despite not being trusted by (all) atlanteans
    He fought for humans, despite being feared and hated by most humans
    And to quote some brilliant poster (too lazy to search for this thread, but it was something in vein "what if Xavier recruited Namor in X-Men #6):
    Namor is great alternative for:
    Xavier - co-operate with humans
    Magneto - rule humans

with his - leave us be! separatist attitude

So much wasted potential. Shame on you Marvel.

I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    O_O

I love Namor and I love cracktastic Namor. But I think we can all do without Puffer Fish Namor.
    I disagree.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	namorpuff.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	104128
    A Fool for the Foom

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    At this point, I'd settle for that. I think it would be vastly amusing if Magneto and Cyke went to break Emma out and Namor had already done so. It really makes no sense that Namor is leaving Emma to rot away in a pant suit, for goodness sakes!
    I told you the implied "I respect you waaayy more" line was total B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I told you the implied "I respect you waaayy more" line was total B.S.
    Ha! Even if Namor doesn't break out Emma, he still respects her more than Cyke. Emma finally realized it and kicked Cyke to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    I disagree.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	namorpuff.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	104128
    Nope, those panels make my argument. LOL!
    Last edited by Rheged; 11-11-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Cyclops power decrease to pre giant size days but with Control...
    Emma loss of Telepathy
    Peter cannot maintain his form for extended periods of time, maybe keeps strength when in normal form?
    Snowflake gets kicked out of Limbo
    Namor lower strength levels but no change in or out of water

Hickman answered my question on FS: http://4ms.me/ZpbID2

ME: Chris Bachalo has said that, "Characters powers have been 'adjusted' as a result of the Phoenix Five fallout." On a scale of 1 to 10, how awesome are Namor's post P5 adjusted powers?

JONATHAN HICKMAN: He has butt wings now.

BUTT WINGS! Read it an weep, suckers! No other 'powers adjustment' for the rest of the P5 is going to beat that! The only thing better would be FLAMING BUTT WINGS!