Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cyclops will have greater control over his optic blasts but his penis will shrink and girls will hate him

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    With the use of 'unstable molecules' and a prism made from ruby quartz, Cyclops' new visor could be adjusted to fire barrage-attack style blasts, shooting in multiple directions at once and possibly even firing force beams that shoot at an arc, turn corners, et cetera.
    There was a guy in Stormwatch who could do that. 'Course his power was an upgrade of Scott's. So we come full circle.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Let's summarize a little bit,
    Options:
    1) power decrease
    2) one power increase, other decrease
    3) power increase, harder to control
    4) power level change (or remains the same), damage to their mind/organism
    5) power the same, more possibilities in using their powers

Did I miss something?
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

6) Brand new Power.
    7) Power switch, a new one but loses another one.

I think that we can rule out the option 1) as it's very unlikely

I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I seriously doubt anything will happen to Namor's powers. Seems this will strictly happen to the X-Related characters who were Phoenix hosts.

Namor seems to be done with all things X and is firmly back within the Avengers world. Shame.
    Well Bendis did say that Namor would appear somewhere, how big a role he will play is up in the air though.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    6) Brand new Power.
    7) Power switch, a new one but loses another one.
    8) Power stays the same but new mutants are stronger.

It would be strange to see Cyclops using "bendy blast" He's always got the straight and red, Havok the round and blue. Changing the form of Cyclop blast would be as bad as changing the color. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I seriously doubt anything will happen to Namor's powers. Seems this will strictly happen to the X-Related characters who were Phoenix hosts.

Namor seems to be done with all things X and is firmly back within the Avengers world. Shame.
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time that Marvel has totally excluded Namor from his place with the P5. <glaring at Avenger Alliance>

It is a shame. I hate for it to happen, but I REALLY hate for it to happen without anything said on panel. I love Gillen's Namor, but I was disappointed that his appearance in AvX Consequences didn't clarify matters or actually deal with any consequences for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    Well Bendis did say that Namor would appear somewhere, how big a role he will play is up in the air though.
    Where did he say that?

Marvel's timing is priceless. Now, when I really want Namor to remain in X-men, they make him Avenger again. If they did it year ago, I would understand.

I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time that Marvel has totally excluded Namor from his place with the P5. <glaring at Avenger Alliance>

It is a shame. I hate for it to happen, but I REALLY hate for it to happen without anything said on panel. I love Gillen's Namor, but I was disappointed that his appearance in AvX Consequences didn't clarify matters or actually deal with any consequences for him.

Where did he say that?
    On his twitter, he mentions it in response to a fan's comment: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...28824712159232

I want Namor to regain his latent abilities to take on the powers of various fish/oceany creatures. Even bulls##t ones like the Hypno-Fish. Being able to puff up like a puffer fish or generate electricity like an electric eel, that'd make him more interesting. If it was good enough for Kirby, it's damn well good enough for Bendis or Hickman.
    A Fool for the Foom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Yeah, i think Gillen was really limited with what he could do with Namor. I'm sure he knew since the beginning of his UXM run that Namor would have destroyed Wakanda and the fall out wouldn't happen in his books. By the time AvX had ended, Hickman would have already written his scripts, so Gillen couldn't do anything substantial with the character. The same with Emma and Scott with Bendis.

BANNED

On his twitter, he mentions it in response to a fan's comment: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...28824712159232
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hickman's New Avengers. Not Uncanny. He might guest star though.

BANNED

hahaha i love bendis response! "namor is coming!" yea buddy!