Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Cyclops unleashes 360 blasts by doing the Cabbage Patch like movie Havok. May have heat blasts depending on whether or not Bendis cares
    Emma is all diamond, no telepath. You heard it here first
    Magneto and Magik are the same, maybe weaker, or just used more sparingly
    Prodigy and Rachel? Melee and 90s Jean, respectively

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Most are speculating they'll get some kind of boost, but I think Bendis will give them some kind of handicap in order to make them more interesting. The 5 already have mastered their abilities. Making them even more powerful is boring. None of the 5 were meant to host the Phoenix. It may have damaged them in some way.
    True that makes sense.

But still one can't help but think they have gotten a power boost or if anything their powers are more screwed up. I think that overgrown X of a visor is not only the new "revolutionary" symbol Cyke is pushing but a symbol to show his growth in his power boost as well (possibly)

Back in the day, Magneto could take on The X-Men or Avengers single handedly, so reducing his power is almost a necessity for the matter of creating suspense in the stories.
    It might be that his feat of returning Kitty back to Earth during Fraction's run maxed out his powers, leaving him at a reduced capacity; or that more and more of his power is constantly being utilized to keep himself young (totally plausible considering the role of electromagnetism in cell death/regenesis.
    Magik, on the other hand, maintains less than full power simply because it's fun and her adventures with the X-Men is more about entertaining herself as opposed to anything else (and using the full extent of her powers would defy this purpose).
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

O_o the hell are people talking about Magneto? Th Phoenix 5 are the ones suffering adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Back in the day, Magneto could take on The X-Men or Avengers single handedly, so reducing his power is almost a necessity for the matter of creating suspense in the stories.
    It might be that his feat of returning Kitty back to Earth during Fraction's run maxed out his powers, leaving him at a reduced capacity; or that more and more of his power is constantly being utilized to keep himself young (totally plausible considering the role of electromagnetism in cell death/regenesis.
    Magik, on the other hand, maintains less than full power simply because it's fun and her adventures with the X-Men is more about entertaining herself as opposed to anything else (and using the full extent of her powers would defy this purpose).
    Not to mention that Bendis is excited about the New Mutants emerging so much so It could mean that Emma, Cyke, Yana, Magik, Pitor, and Namor don't really get a boost, but either their abilities are out of whack or a decrease. As Nightw1ing pointed out none of them were "proper host" for the PF and weren't meant to have it. So it could be a negative effect, If i remember in a AvX Commentary in either #11, #10, or #12 that was stated about them not being the "proper host"

Cyke gains a personality and learns how to talk to people. Magik gains a heart and learns how to cry. Emma gains a sweater and jeans and learns how to cover up. Mags gains a sense of humour and learns how to laugh.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Cyke gains a personality and learns how to talk to people. Magik gains a heart and learns how to cry. Emma gains a sweater and jeans and learns how to cover up. Mags gains a sense of humour and learns how to laugh.
    And then I wake up from this awesome dream and realize it will never sell. :( And I am sad.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    O_o the hell are people talking about Magneto? Th Phoenix 5 are the ones suffering adjustments.
    lol
    I'm talking about Magneto because he's my fav..
    But yes, it is the P5 who will likely show power alterations.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

lol
    My take:

Cyclops: Bendy optic blasts with a finer degree of control.
    Emma: A stronger diamond form (because lately it's been like she's made of glass) but some reduction in her telepathic power.
    Magik: Greater ability to bring her magic from Limbo to Earth (thus setting us up for Inferno 3.0)
    Colossus: Mental defenses to match his physical might, increased strength to Cyttorak levels.
    Namor: Hydrokinesis? I dunno.

Magneto: Not P5. No change.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

You know, to the same extent that their experiences with the Phoenix Force may leave the P5 more powerful, it may conversely leave them less powerful - like the draining out of the PF took with it part of the magnitude of their original power.
    just an idea...
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

I don't think it's going to decrease their power. It might make their powers more unstable and more difficult to control. We already know from Cable's solicits that something is wrong with Colossus's powers. That could mean a new power has popped up or he's having difficult controlling it.
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 11-10-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I don't think it's going to decrease their power. It might make their powers more unstable and more difficult to control. We already know from Cable's solicits that something is wrong with Colossus's powers. That could mean a new power has popped up or he's having difficult controlling it.
    Wonder if something will be up with Namor's power as well over in New Avengers. Does not seem like something Hickman would want to deal with, as he often wants to go forward and not look backwards. But if it fits the story he's telling, not an issue I guess.

Could be it's just something for Cyclops and Emma as they had the power the longest, and Cyclops went Dark Phoenix while she had it forcibly ripped from her as opposed to just losing it.

Colossus' problem might be due to Cyttorak perhaps.

I was wondering the same thing about Namor under Hickman's pen. Will be asking him.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Most are speculating they'll get some kind of boost, but I think Bendis will give them some kind of handicap in order to make them more interesting. The 5 already have mastered their abilities. Making them even more powerful is boring. None of the 5 were meant to host the Phoenix. It may have damaged them in some way.
    Possible. Or entirely possible that the PF showed them new ways to use their powers. Hydrokinesis was never one of Namor's innate powers -- his walls of water were all made with tech previously.

lol
    And you should continue! I agree, Magneto is waaay powerful. Though they don't mention it much, I think he's still operating less than full potential, since he isn't really using his mutant power, is he? He's using the High Evolutionary fix.

BANNED

I seriously doubt anything will happen to Namor's powers. Seems this will strictly happen to the X-Related characters who were Phoenix hosts.

Namor seems to be done with all things X and is firmly back within the Avengers world. Shame.

Emma will hopefully gain the power of public decency and put on more clothing. Seriously, seeing her rush into battle in a stripper outfit looked really stupid...
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE