Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_i4got View Post
    Ok sorry instead of 4 it was 6. It was a plot point. She was never a robin anymore then Superman is a batman in the times he has put on the Costume.
    Robin #s 126-128
    Detective Comics # 796
    Teen Titans (third series) # 13
    Batgirl # 53
    Bruce Wayne said she was a Robin. End of discussion. It doesn't matter that he promoted her it for the wrong reasons.

    She was just as much a Batgirl as Steph was a Robin. Her costume was passed as the Batgirl costume,
    Well, unles you claim the name 'Batgirl', and people actually call you Batgirl, you're not Batgirl.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  2. #17
    Hater booyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wherever Evil Chills
    Posts
    911

    Default

    I think the Grant Morrison worshippers have the biggest and most entertaining cases of fan panic when people talk bad about the man and his run.
    Last edited by booyah; 11-11-2012 at 10:19 PM.

  3. #18
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,147

    Default

    Its funny when a new cover is released, like Red Hood and the Outlaws 17, and communities like tumblr lose their $%&!. Because Jason Todd dying would totally be spoiled on a cover months prior to happening.

    Stephanie Brown too. I had a satirical post over at Gotham Spoilers that Didio was the reason that DC Nation got pulled since Stephanie Brown was in the episode set to air. Complete joke, Didio is a PUBLISHER, not involved in animation... Some people CITED that post as a "source" that Didio was responsible.

    Then given a few weeks, after the Lil Gotham thing, I made note on twitter that I'm pretty much tired of hearing about Stephanie Brown, and the overreaction of a small group of fans is what really has made the character almost toxic. I start getting tweets from some guy claiming I'm not a Stephanie Brown fan (despite me tweeting my Steph collection to him) and that if I was, I'd be sympathetic to the cause, and react the same way. It eventually boils down to him saying that all I'm doing is supporting big business by buying DC comics. When I bring up the fact that he's still purchasing Catwoman and New Guardians, he spins that as him "saving" his favorite characters from being cancelled all by himself, even though I pointed out that his individual $6 don't really mean anything in the big picture. He then said he'd get 25,000 to drop the books and get them cancelled... because that accomplishes SO much. This was the point where I really had other stuff to do, errands to run, and since he had no interest in unfollowing me, I just blocked him and left. Another follower later told me the guy had a breakdown on the Comicbloc forums a couple of years ago where for some reason, he compared himself to the Little Mermaid.

    I later looked at his twitter timeline and found that pretty much every single thing he's tweeted himself is just an @ mention directed to like Bryan Q Miller, DC Women Kicking Ass or that SanDiego Batgirl lady, complaining about SOMETHING or @ mentions to other people complaining about the characters in a soap opera not hooking up with who he'd like them to. SO YEAH, that dude likes to complain... A LOT.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 11-12-2012 at 04:06 AM.

  4. #19
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    In my experience it's mostly when idiot writers do something that just makes no sense. Like how Adam Beechen writes Cassandra Cain.

    OR, for the opposite of the usual example, this gem by, IIRC, Marc Guggenheim:





    Batfans were not exactly exctatic about Bats taking down the entir JLA without preptime, just by punching and kicking. Wonder Woman fans even less.
    I still like the theory that Superman in a Batman costume just messing with every one.

    Quote Originally Posted by yaseen101 View Post
    Okay that's just stupid.
    That pic doesn't even get to him casually taking J'onn and Hal out...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I still like the theory that Superman in a Batman costume just messing with every one.



    That pic doesn't even get to him casually taking J'onn and Hal out...
    Not to mention Bats should have totally broken his foot against Wonder Woman, and she wouldn't have felt it.

  6. #21
    You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_i4got View Post
    Ok sorry instead of 4 it was 6. It was a plot point. She was never a robin anymore then Superman is a batman in the times he has put on the Costume.
    Robin #s 126-128
    Detective Comics # 796
    Teen Titans (third series) # 13
    Batgirl # 53

    She was just as much a Batgirl as Steph was a Robin. Her costume was passed as the Batgirl costume,
    Solo #10

    Also, Helena B. was 'The Bat' and acted as a stand-in for Batman. She wasn't Batgirl.

  7. #22
    Senior Member dreyga2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,214

    Default

    Call me crazy but I get irked when people say Steph wasn't a 'real' Robin....
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

    -Jeff Brady

    Quoted for truth....

  8. #23
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Call me crazy but I get irked when people say Steph wasn't a 'real' Robin....
    Yeah, same here.
    Batman tells you you're a Robin, well, that pretty much makes you a Robin, regardles of his reasons.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Batman having sex? Batman not being crazy?
    I've honestly never heard any of these complaints. Some fans have complained about the idea of him getting married but they tend to want him to have sex with every superheroine in the DCu. Also I'm sick and tired of people complaining when Batman went crazy in ASBAR because it was an alternate reality which allows you to do whatever the hell you want.

  10. #25
    Member batman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Keystone City
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    I think the Grant Morrison worshippers have the biggest and most entertaining cases of fan panic when people talk bad about the man and his run.
    I can't speak for all, but on the contrary, it isn't "fan panic." It doesn't matter if someone doesn't like his work or not because there will always be people who don't.

    I'm not going turn this to a ___ vs ____ thread. Yet there are fans out there who take it to another level of panic and fanaticism.
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

  11. #26
    Mattress Tester T Hedge Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    www.futureearthmagazine.com
    Posts
    10,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    I've honestly never heard any of these complaints. Some fans have complained about the idea of him getting married but they tend to want him to have sex with every superheroine in the DCu. Also I'm sick and tired of people complaining when Batman went crazy in ASBAR because it was an alternate reality which allows you to do whatever the hell you want.
    Batman/Canary in All-Star freaked some fans out way too much.

    But the mere suggestion that Bruce goes on all those dates and doesn't just pat them on the head at the end of the night... that enflames the brains of a scary number of batfans.

    And you can check pretty much any thread here on whether Bats is sane or not for people losing their shit over the suggestion that, at least in-world, he's sane.

  12. #27
    Hater booyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wherever Evil Chills
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    And you can check pretty much any thread here on whether Bats is sane or not for people losing their shit over the suggestion that, at least in-world, he's sane.
    Sanity isn't a one or the other thing anyway - he's probably somewhere in between.

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Batman/Canary in All-Star freaked some fans out way too much.

    But the mere suggestion that Bruce goes on all those dates and doesn't just pat them on the head at the end of the night... that enflames the brains of a scary number of batfans.

    And you can check pretty much any thread here on whether Bats is sane or not for people losing their shit over the suggestion that, at least in-world, he's sane.
    Most of those people were probably Green Arrow fans and hated the fact they were doing it while people were burning to death. I personally found it rather cute.

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    http://www.dailyraider.com/index.php?id=4181
    Pretty much describes what's wrong with fanboys.
    Last edited by Aquacatlungfish; 11-29-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •