Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beer and Comics

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Tonight I'm cracking open for the first time the slipcase edition of the Life and Times of Martha Washington book. On the side a La Chouffe, another great Belgian beer. I haven't had this one for a long time and I regret only having bought one, however it's a Monday night so probably for the best...
    La chouffe ? Funny name. Anyway, great comic book right there, loved that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    La chouffe ? Funny name. Anyway, great comic book right there, loved that stuff.
    La Chouffe is among the best there is!! You should get it.

Having a chill out Saturday night, so drinking a Maredsous Blonde 6%. The other day had their Tripel which I enjoyed a lot, so thought I'd try this one out. And reading Iron or The War After, a pretty little book published by Archaia.

i read iron last night. good stuff.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    i read iron last night. good stuff.
    Yeah it was ok. I think I'll need to read it again soon... I thought it was a little confusing. Too many animals I guess... Art was stunning, so it's no trouble reading the story again ;D

For me, tonight is some of Flying Dog's Double Dog Double Pale Ale and a well deserved reread of Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flying+Dog+Double+Dog+Double+Pale+Ale.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	107117

Name:	51BV5N1FT3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	107118
    DC: Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye
    Creator-Owned: Fables, Fatale, Lazarus, Saga

What Im drinking :

Name:	5412.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	107120

What Im reading

Name:	51di6O-wqcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	107121

Hello!

I started to like beer 2 years ago, and the ones I like are Kirin, Blue Moon, and a Belgian one that I can not remember, it sounded like a woman's name?

But for some reason I can not read while drinking beer! Maybe its just me that is like that?
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

A little Mirror Pond with JLA Deluxe Edition, vol 2.

I didn't think much of the first volume, but this one is much better. Love the Darkseid storyline. I'm a sucker for alternate future plots.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    A little Mirror Pond with JLA Deluxe Edition, vol 2.

I didn't think much of the first volume, but this one is much better. Love the Darkseid storyline. I'm a sucker for alternate future plots.

Morrison and alcohol are generally a fin mix. I re-read Arkham Asluym for the 1st time in YEARS while buzzed off several types of beer last year and man, I am convinced that is how that book should be read.

This book was on my lost for quite some time, so its great to get around to reading it: Corto Maltese - The Ballad of the Salt Sea. Drinking a beer on the side I've never heard of before but was sitting in the supermarket so I thought I'd try it out. It's a Dutch 7.5% tripel from the town of Egmond called Sancti Adalberti. Tastes pretty good, a little flowery if that makes sense.

corto maltese has been on my want list for quite some. post your thoughts on it when you get a chance.

what are you gonna be drinking with that sharaz-de in the corner ; )
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by AnarCHris View Post
    Morrison and alcohol are generally a fin mix. I re-read Arkham Asluym for the 1st time in YEARS while buzzed off several types of beer last year and man, I am convinced that is how that book should be read.
    Yeah for sure! Some of Morrison's stuff is so crazy, it's a natural mix with alcohol.

Tonight:

Edit: Finished it. Geoff Johns is like chinese food. Cheap, easy, you get a lot of it, but you're hungry again in an hour and you wonder where the substance went...
    Last edited by pud333; 02-07-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    corto maltese has been on my want list for quite some. post your thoughts on it when you get a chance.

what are you gonna be drinking with that sharaz-de in the corner ; )
    The book is fantastic!!! You should seriously get it. This is what I said in the European Comics thread (yes I'm going to quote myself here ):

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I just finished reading The ballad of the salt sea and I've got to say that I loved every single page of it. It was an adventure from beginning to end. I was afraid it would be some standard pirate story, but I got so much more than that... Maori mythology, the tension of war, a coming of age story, excellent art etc. I'm a fan now!
    And I continued reading the next book that takes Corto to Suriname and other Caribbean places. The Ballad of the Salt Sea was just released again in English in a tpb. There is some controversy surrounding the book, since the pages are pretty small and all the art work seems to have been resized and whatnot, but if you've never read it, I'm sure you won't really notice. Check http://www.amazon.com/Corto-Maltese-...f+the+salt+sea

As for Sharaz-De, I haven't read it yet, but I think that's something I'll best appreciate with a glass of ugh Lindemans Pinot Noir ugh.

Tonight it'll be Alliance of the Curious with a la Chouffe (again). 'Cause damn is that some tasty stuff!!

Last edited by MartinNL; 02-09-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Rogue Irish Lager with Batman/Deathblow: After the Fire, which I just picked up today after work. :) I really do enjoy Bermejo's artwork.

Been a while. New baby takes up so much time and attention, so I haven't had much time to enjoy comics and beer together, but last night I had a nice pairing of Pyramid Irish Red Ale and Identity Crisis.