Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Nov 9, 2012

It's a one-two punch from Marvel E-i-C Axel Alonso this week as he gives behind the scenes details from Brian Bendis' "Uncanny X-Men" and Cullen Bunns "Fearless Defenders" while talking "Avengers Arena" on CBR TV.

Full article here.

It's sad that those 4 Avengers Arena pages have better art than Avengers Academy ever had...
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's sad that those 4 Avengers Arena pages have better art than Avengers Academy ever had...
    What are you smoking? Mike McKone's art was awesome on Avengers Academy!

BANNED

I am not sure if Marvel has overlooked that tiny detail regarding Avengers Meatgrinder, but regardless of how much character you pour into the book and it's cast; IT WILL ULTIMATELY RESULT IN THE DEATHS OF EVERYONE, EXCEPT ONE!

Fearless Defenders will be over by issue six.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

So bummed by the preview of Avengers Arena... Poor Hazmat & Mettle.

BANNED

That dialogue is TERRIBLE.

"I am always a hater?" Seriously? This book that everyone keeps telling me that I should give a chance, and already is making the character I loved the most talk like THAT?!

I'm not even sure if I should bother reading the rest of the article.

Glad that h8r got shanked.

Veteran Member

Someone should ask Axel whats up with the UnCanny Avengers delays...

BANNED

...Dammit, I'm at the point where I'm not even sure if I can watch that video and not get blood boiling mad.

GAR!!!! Just hate this premise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

"I am always a hater?" Seriously? This book that everyone keeps telling me that I should give a chance, and already is making the character I loved the most talk like THAT?!

Please do so we can read another one of your signature ragefests.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Please do so we can read another one of your signature ragefests.
    Honestly? I can't even bring myself to do that. Whatever, screw this book.

Lol I am not sure Hopeless understands Hazmat's powers she could nuke X-23 to dust. Also no mention of her boyfriend. Come on. If Hazmat had to choose between herself and X-23, she would pick herself every time.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Lol I am not sure Hopeless understands Hazmat's powers she could nuke X-23 to dust. Also no mention of her boyfriend. Come on. If Hazmat had to choose between herself and X-23, she would pick herself every time.
    Not to mention, Hazmat being this bitter again just seems like she's gone back to square one in development. God, just...UGH! Every time with this book, I get worked up, and I only looked at the preview pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

Ah, right on schedule!

S/D, ignore it. don't ever look at a preview if you can help it, ignore when people troll you about it and if you want to know what happened to certain characters just look up spoilers else where. Thats what I'm doing after this.

If I can give my two cents on those 4 pages... it was just as depressing and unnecessarily dark as I had imagined it be.

This comic is going to suck. Some might say they enjoy it because of the thrill of not knowing who lives and dies and the drama behind each characters actions in this setting (hope this isn't a spoiler but: they'll do f$cked up things)

And thats just it, the only results this comic will bring is depression and really shallow drama. If you're fine with that, then whatever theres nothing I can do about it. Its just that it seems so bleak for no real reason or purpose.

Axel called this thing a gamble and that it will generate a lot of buzz. To be sure, but this comic still remains a shallow romp.

I mean god damn who wants to read some character spout about how death doesn't sound so bad?
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."