Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So why is this title called Uncanny X-Man and not Uncanny Brotherhood?
    You are getting it confused with freedom force aka uncanny avengers aka uncanny brotherhood

it is prodigy. he got new powers and hes better than ever.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    it is prodigy. he got new powers and hes better than ever.
    Not Prodigy or Rachel, if you check this preview of All-New it's pretty clear they're rescuing (or kidnapping) newbies. http://marvel.com/news/story/19568/f...ll-new_x-men_1
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Kidnapping really now Smh

Quote Originally Posted by midnightshrink View Post
    Magik is too crazy or demonically possessed to be a serious powerhouse. Yeah she can teleport and even time travel but nah. They are missing a Colossus and a Wolverine. They need a badass and a powerhouse. They have brains (prodigy) , telepaths, tk's (that is rachel btw), energy projectors, leaders, they just need that fantomex like character and a colossus or juggernaut or someone new with that kind of power just to round it out. I mean they lose a ton of firepower with Colossus, Danger, Storm and Psylocke being out. And most New Mutants will be in other books. I know who they need! They need FIRESTAR! She can show up to avenge butterrum and instead joins the team. Plus she's a redhead and can hookup with cyke to take revenge on emma. OMG you know who is all of that stuff? They need VULCAN that would rock.
    Legion is nuts as well and no one would not call him a powerhouse. Honestly, some level of insanity or other mental issues is pretty common in marvel's strongest characters.

Still obviously they are weaker then the Extinction Team that was one of the most powerful x-rosters ever created. They lost Storm, Danger, Juggernaut, Namor and Hope.

They don't have Rachel or Prodigy. Although yes they do need tech and muscle.

Although even with just those 4 and not knowing what the new characters can do, they are still on one of the more powerful teams in Marvel Now. Weaker then the Avengers Assemble group and New Avengers (although with prep this team is going to be absurd). But not counting WATXM and Avengers with their ridiculous rosters.

IMO, I would say they are still the best on the X-side. They would take the O5, Core WATXM Teachers (Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, Lockheed Iceman and Beast), X-Factor and Cable and the X-Force. Uncanny X-Force being the toughest test on the X-side.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 11-09-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post

IMO, I would say they are still the best on the X-side. They would take the O5, Core WATXM Teachers (Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, Lockheed Iceman and Beast), X-Factor and Cable and the X-Force. Uncanny X-Force being the toughest test on the X-side.
    I disagree. If only because I think that the teams are mostly evenly matched.

To Elaborate:
    The Uncanny Team is powerful, but their biggest hitter is Illanya, imho. Her power seems fairly limitless, while the rest are fairly well explored.
    Against the core at JGS, Iceman has equally limitless levels of potential. By him alone the fight becomes a toss-up, although I do think it has a better probability of falling in Uncanny's favour.

X-Factor and X-Force are more difficult, since they all contain characters whose powers are unpredictable.

With X-Force you're going up against probability alteration (Domino), one of the MU's best combat minds who also has extensive tactical knowledge of each character (Cable), Colossus ('nuff said), and Forge and Nemesis are complete wild cards. If Uncanny got the jump on X-Force they would win. In any contest where Cable could prepare X-Force would win, simply based on how strategy-adept he's been portrayed so far.

X-Factor has probability alteration (Longshot), two of the MU's best fighters (Longshot and Shatterstar), an indestructible telepath (Monet), Magneto (Polaris), a technological pre-cog with Latverian technology and a knowledge of black magic (Layla), and strength of numbers (Madrox). I see this being either a draw, maybe a slight edge to the Uncanny team. Uncanny's got a field of some of the MU's most battle-hardened veterans, but Shatterstar and Longshot are equally hardened, and Layla's ability to see various possible futures makes her a dangerous wildcard.

If anything, I'm excited that Marvel NOW has recalibrated the X-teams so that they're among the most balanced they've been in ages.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    I disagree. If only because I think that the teams are mostly evenly matched.

To Elaborate:
    The Uncanny Team is powerful, but their biggest hitter is Illanya, imho. Her power seems fairly limitless, while the rest are fairly well explored.
    Against the core at JGS, Iceman has equally limitless levels of potential. By him alone the fight becomes a toss-up, although I do think it has a better probability of falling in Uncanny's favour.

X-Factor and X-Force are more difficult, since they all contain characters whose powers are unpredictable.

With X-Force you're going up against probability alteration (Domino), one of the MU's best combat minds who also has extensive tactical knowledge of each character (Cable), Colossus ('nuff said), and Forge and Nemesis are complete wild cards. If Uncanny got the jump on X-Force they would win. In any contest where Cable could prepare X-Force would win, simply based on how strategy-adept he's been portrayed so far.

X-Factor has probability alteration (Longshot), two of the MU's best fighters (Longshot and Shatterstar), an indestructible telepath (Monet), Magneto (Polaris), a technological pre-cog with Latverian technology and a knowledge of black magic (Layla), and strength of numbers (Madrox). I see this being either a draw, maybe a slight edge to the Uncanny team. Uncanny's got a field of some of the MU's most battle-hardened veterans, but Shatterstar and Longshot are equally hardened, and Layla's ability to see various possible futures makes her a dangerous wildcard.

If anything, I'm excited that Marvel NOW has recalibrated the X-teams so that they're among the most balanced they've been in ages.
    Emma could solo Iceman let alone Magik. I mean Magik is overpowered plus looks like she's getting high end game armor that boosts her stats! But seriously until we see what the new mutants powers are and if what Bachalo meant when he said power sets have changed, we don't really know how powerful are the Uncanny X-men.

There is a press release:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...es/119037.html

"The true flagship book of the X-Men returns"

"In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name Uncanny X-Men. "

IMO, this is how it breaks down.

Iceman can be easily taken out by Frost in one shot assuming Beast is prepped for TP then Magik can just light him on fire with hellfire again. Magneto fights Storm. Magik uses her sword to bypass Kitty's powers and then everyone can team up on Storm.

Cable and X-Force not really first thing first Magneto takes all their guns and does whatever he wants to Colossus who is made of metal. Without Weapons the team is not much of a threat and can be folded quickly. Cable might be depending on his power level. And I will assume Forge preps for TP if he does not then this is really easy.

X-Factor Polaris is no match for her old man. Monet is no match for Frost either. But Magik, Scott, and the new characters should be able to hold Shatterstar, Rictor, Layla and Mutliple Man at bay if not outright defeat them and should certainly win once Magneto and Frost wrap up.

But yeah teams are more balanced.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 11-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Dear lord that site is awful.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing15 View Post
    There is a press release:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...es/119037.html

"The true flagship book of the X-Men returns"

"In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name Uncanny X-Men. "
    Jesus Christ, how many X-puns can they squeeze in?

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

I love how often this is said these days:

The books will connect thematically and sometimes even story-wise, but you don't have to buy both books to enjoy them,"
    Maybe you wouldn't have to state it so often if you hired more writers rather than giving the same writer multiple books within the same franchise. Variety? Remember that?
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Wow. A lot of cool developments.

I'm REALLY curious about this whole "new powers" angle for Scott and Emma. I mean, some of these comments betray posters forgetting the raw destructive capabilities Cyclops' power affords him (not to say that Scott could tank Thor, for the record, but so far as glass cannons are concerned he's one of the X-Men's heavier hitters, on top of his phenomenal leadership abilities), but either way it'll definitely be interesting to see him get an upgrade.

That said, I do think this team's missing a powerhouse. I LOVED Colossnaut and Namor, so I'm sad to see them go. Hopefully there'll be some sort of brawn-type "nuclear option" on the team to balance out the dynamic.

I'm excited to see post breakup Scott and Emma. I'm not a fan of the costumes so far, but I'll hold off judgement till I see it on panel.

But man, am I excited for Scott's journey from here. Bendis is saying all the right things for Cyke. Can't wait for next week.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Frenzy would be a perfect fit for this, especially now that Scott and Emma are broken up, which was her main hangup about staying with Scott's X-Men. Looks like she'll be hanging around Legion in Legacy though. I really don't see whats making her stay at Logan's school.

Hmm, looks like Magneto took Kate Kildare's suggestion and is wearing white.