Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I got to say This series does have some unique poetential with its upcoming arc and its special guest stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    Neves Art doesn't look quite as dynamic as it did on DK. That being said how is this title, i haven't heard much about it but i wanted to give it a try.
    the book is good fun, the reason you havent heard much about it is because Marvel seem's to have done nothing to promote it, well not like they did Hawkeye or Captain Marvel

Yeah, I agree, no promotion and beating Ms. Marvel in sales and literally like one below Hawkeye. If Asmus is reading this, two thoughts: Can we please see him use his hypnotic charm as a mutant power??? So under utlized. Second, if we are going broader MU, love to see him team up with Black Cat in an arc or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    Neves Art doesn't look quite as dynamic as it did on DK. That being said how is this title, i haven't heard much about it but i wanted to give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    the book is good fun, the reason you havent heard much about it is because Marvel seem's to have done nothing to promote it, well not like they did Hawkeye or Captain Marvel
    No kidding. Asmus is doing all that he can to promote it. He does allot of interviews more than any other writer for the character. Hawkeye and Captain Marvel also had another title to help promote their books, and Gambit did not.

It really is a fun read. Asmus has a great handle on the character. Its great just feeling good after reading it. :)

IA with you Whalers77 - that would be a fun team up with Black Cat.

It's cool that someone in Marvel still remembers Mi:13
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Anonymous View Post
    Fucking BRITISH not English
    So true...
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

i am in the minority, but i got kinda bored with the first arc and decided not to collect, but i'm totally getting this next arc for the gambit/wisdom showdown.
    I Draw Pictures All Day:
    http://mikesegawa.com/

This book is as boring as i thought'd be.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

Is this book good?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_hyde2120 View Post
    Is this book good?
    No. It's not.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    No. It's not.
    That sucks, Gambit Used to be slick In the early 90's. I think Claremont Is the only one that knows how to use that dude

That sucks, Gambit Used to be slick In the early 90's. I think Claremont Is the only one that knows how to use that dude
    Its much better than they are implying. Gambit's voice is perfect, the humor is spot on, Mann on art was an ideal fit. If there is any flaw then its just that the book needed to have started with a more MU action oriented story like the one coming up instead of being a bit isolated on setting up a new "relationship" character and world.

Its much better than Regino is implying. Give it a try. Don't rely on another's opinion - especially one who's never espressed any like of the character. Gambit's voice is perfect, the humor is spot on, Mann on art is an ideal fit. If there is any flaw then its that the book needed to have started with a more MU action oriented story like the one coming up instead of being a bit isolated. The setting up a new "relationship" character and world that wasn't really needed given how the character has been marginalized by the Marvel writers over the last few years. Even his wins (ala Messiah Complex) have been ignored by the writers by not acknowledging them as important. That arc just wasn't the main thing the character needed to establish him as a player in the MU again. Gambit's got to be better at what he does. Gambit's been shown to make mistakes way too much by Marvel. The character was already at the bottom of treatment by Marvel and mostly had been for years. He didn't come into the book on a high like Hawkeye did with the movie or Wolverine was at the start of his first series. Gambit needs some big wins for a change, not just chasing some girl whos been pretty obvious so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tunasammiches View Post
    i am in the minority, but i got kinda bored with the first arc and decided not to collect, but i'm totally getting this next arc for the gambit/wisdom showdown.
    See my comment above. I love Asmus take on Gambit, the inner voice he gives him, but I do think the story of the first arc except the first issue was not the one I would have started with. I'm with you that I looking forward to this arc so much more.
    Last edited by Moonshine; 11-09-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Is this book good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    No. It's not.
    No offense to Regino, but why take one or just a few people's word?

My answer is: Yes. It is.

I obviously like it for my own reasons, and others don't for their own reasons. If you can spare the money, I'd say pick up #1-4 to try it out. If you don't want to spend the money and you know a comic shop that keeps several months of back issues on the stands, and you can get away with reading in the shop, flip through the book and see if it's interesting to you. Or, there's always the trade which I imagine will be out soon. No opinion like your own, not even mine.

PS, I like how Gambit blows up his shirt while wearing it. It's just cool that he's not too affected by his explosions. I know, more specifically, his power is to charge an object with kinetic energy, blah, blah...at the end of the day, at its basic level Gambit's power is to blow $#!+ up.

First issue was great, but the whole first arc was ok, nothing special. Now with the cameo of MI:13, it might become more interesting.
    And if you didn't read Captain Britain and MI:13, you should definitely try it.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU