Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
  1. #31
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    I guess Cornell could keep the numbers up to non-cancellation range, at least.
    Cornell posted basically that he was shocked it was ending and he always felt he would get a run on it at some point. I think he was like...fuck.... I could have followed Millar , Ennis , Ellis , Carey and more on that . Now I will never get a chance.

    I got the sense a lot of British creators are either mad its gone or sad really.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  2. #32
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    19,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    A sort of new reimagined Constantine like all NEW 52 Chars.
    A younger 'streamlined' version.
    He's been in Justice League Dark, and I believe he was the featured character for book's #0 issue recently for anybody to see how he's been handled there so far:
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Cornell posted basically that he was shocked it was ending and he always felt he would get a run on it at some point. I think he was like...fuck.... I could have followed Millar , Ennis , Ellis , Carey and more on that . Now I will never get a chance.

    I got the sense a lot of British creators are either mad its gone or sad really.
    Kieron Gillen is Marvel exclusive, but man his Hellblazer would have been sick as hell.

  4. #34
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He's been in Justice League Dark, and I believe he was the featured character for book's #0 issue recently for anybody to see how he's been handled there so far:
    They are blowing major money by not keeping 2 Constantine books. You can have the younger Constantine meet his older self and play off that. The relationships they have and all.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  5. #35
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Kieron Gillen is Marvel exclusive, but man his Hellblazer would have been sick as hell.
    We won't get that. I wish there was someone at DC who you could actually talk to here. Who has a position to tell Didio how they could have both books run. Hell imagine a Jason Aaron run of Hellblazer ! It would be that damn awesome. There are a lot of creators they could talk to.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  6. #36
    Senior Member passer-by's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He's been in Justice League Dark, and I believe he was the featured character for book's #0 issue recently for anybody to see how he's been handled there so far:
    [img]http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/comic-covers/2012/09/JUSTLD_Cv0.jpg[img]
    I read it - the reimagined origin of John Constantine who learns magic from THE GREAT NICK NECRO, yaaayy!, after sucking up to him (and gets his trenchcoat from him). It was terrible.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

  7. #37
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    19,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    I read it - the reimagined origin of John Constantine who learns magic from THE GREAT NICK NECRO, yaaayy!, after sucking up to him (and gets his trenchcoat from him). It was terrible.
    I haven't read it myself (just read JLDark tpb so far), but Nick Necco is also in the recent JLDark Annual.

    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Yeah that's the point. Lemire threw him into Constantine's origin to establish the current villain. Lame.

  9. #39

    Default

    Eh. It's not that big a deal. In my own personal continuity I'm going to compress that whole mess to a month or two of Constantine's life. I buy him learning tricks and what not from others along the way. It's the idea that this was the definitive, and formative, piece of his history that I dislike. Easy enough to fix.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  10. #40
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He's been in Justice League Dark, and I believe he was the featured character for book's #0 issue recently for anybody to see how he's been handled there so far:
    I didn't read that. But I was reading JLD up until around #10 or #11. I really didn't like how Constantine was handled there, and after Milligan left it got worse for me. Sadly I was like "at least I still have Hellblazer"...
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  11. #41
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Kieron Gillen is Marvel exclusive, but man his Hellblazer would have been sick as hell.
    I'd throw my money at DC if that happened.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  12. #42
    Senior Member tylenoljones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Eh. It's not that big a deal. In my own personal continuity I'm going to compress that whole mess to a month or two of Constantine's life. I buy him learning tricks and what not from others along the way. It's the idea that this was the definitive, and formative, piece of his history that I dislike. Easy enough to fix.
    It's easy enough to dismiss these types of changes; but what's disheartening to me is not the stories themselves, forgettable as they are, but the current corporate attitude that overwriting the history of these characters is perfectly acceptable, with very little regard for what came before and whether the new product improves or builds upon that history in any way.

    In many cases (and in my own opinion, of course), the need for a new number one or a fresh start is of upmost importance, and whether the change is necessary, or more importantly better than the original, is often secondary.
    Last edited by tylenoljones; 11-10-2012 at 10:27 PM.

  13. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We won't get that. I wish there was someone at DC who you could actually talk to here. Who has a position to tell Didio how they could have both books run. Hell imagine a Jason Aaron run of Hellblazer ! It would be that damn awesome. There are a lot of creators they could talk to.
    Aaron did a couple issues a few years. They focused on JC'SS punk days I believe. I think he's Marvel exclusive, but he's the only person Ican think of who could make this work. Let's all hope the new book fails miserablely, DC realizes JC sucks without his balls, and ships him back to Vertigo where he might be able to make them money.

  14. #44
    Confused by custom titles
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    Could Renato Guedes be a duller, more wooden artist?
    Guedes isn't a bad artist at all, especially when he's inking his own work. He actually might've been a good one to have on the Vertigo title -- but now he's tainted by the negative backlash on the New 52 title...

  15. #45
    Confused by custom titles
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    I loved the Milligan run. I think it went down pretty well with most Hellblazer readers.
    Yeah. I liked Milligan's run too. Shame it's about to end. The suits running DC really have no idea what they're doing...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •