Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    Twice I tried to follow this series and twice I gave it up: first during Carey's run; then during Milligan's. I never got the impression that Hellblazer was a series its creators cared anything about because in my mind everything they wrote was sub-par fan-fiction. Apart from Delano's run - the extraordinary Family Man storyline - none of the stories, not even Ennis', ever gave me what I wanted: a mixture of suspenseful horror, intelligence, wit and sensibility. I'm sure there won't be a shortage of people telling me how deep Careys' issue where John visits Australian concentration camps was, how edgy Ellis' 'Shoot' was, and how sophisticated his trip to Bollywood or talking to Sid Vicious' ghost were, during Milligan's run, to say nothing of the idiotic return of Shade. But, and I'm sorry for not joining the chorus, this series was bad, it had been very bad for many, many years now, and I find this outrage irrational. Constantine doesn't need to be revamped, he needs to go away.
    John is my favorite comic character and I love Hellblazer and have bought every issue faithfully for many years. There was a time when for financial reasons I cancelled everything on my pull list...except Hellblazer. So...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	104428
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Shun the heathen. Humma Kavula!
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Well, Shit. Given how you didn't liked anything after Delano then it clearly had to be cancelled. The Hell with the rest of the world.

It's Ok, every one! Euminides didn't liked it so clearly we were all wrong in liking it. I guess we can close this threads now.
    If it were really that special, the regular ongoing would have sold more. Now, I'm not being dismissive of his fans, but you're reaction was pretty extreme and rude to Euminides opinion.

Now I'm just getting into the series, I just picked up the trades from #1-250, and what I'm reading is fantastic. I understand DC's wanting to push the new Constantine book as the only book, but maybe after a few months we'll see a return of the Hellblazer series, and we'll have both a Nu52 title and the regular Hellblazer.
    Last edited by Talisman; 11-28-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    What a load of shit.

Come Febuary, the only DC title I be reading is Swamp Thing since Frankenstein is being canceled, Sweeth Tooth is ending, Punk Rock Jesus is a mini and now Hellblazer. Guess I'll be getting those new Hellblazer trades I've wanting to get.
    DC cancelled Milligan/Camuncolli/Landini's Hellblazer because they read on CBR it's the only DC comics I buy and read.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    DC cancelled Milligan/Camuncolli/Landini's Hellblazer because they read on CBR it's the only DC comics I buy and read.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    If it were really that special, the regular ongoing would have sold more. Now, I'm not being dismissive of his fans, but you're reaction was pretty extreme and rude to Euminides opinion.

Now I'm just getting into the series, I just picked up the trades from #1-250, and what I'm reading is fantastic.
    LOL.
    Am I the only one who finds these two statements contradicting?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post

Now I'm just getting into the series, I just picked up the trades from #1-250, and what I'm reading is fantastic. I understand DC's wanting to push the new Constantine book as the only book, but maybe after a few months we'll see a return of the Hellblazer series, and we'll have both a Nu52 title and the regular Hellblazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    LOL.
    Am I the only one who finds these two statements contradicting?
    Possibly. The first one seems to explain that perhaps the overall readership didn't enjoy later Hellblazer as much, and each person is allowed to express his / her own opinion without being mercilessly mocked because someone doesn't agree.

The second statement is ONE PERSON expressing their own views, and not saying anybody who feels differently is a moron without any taste.

A person can easily defend another person's right to express their own opinion, even if they don't share that same opinion.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I just found it funny that Talisman said that it wasn't special but later on said it was fantastic, lol
    BB

Someone needs to teach these newbies like Talisman about the way Vertigo comics sell well or badly and survive or get canceled. Hellblazer might not have been selling as well trade wise as before but not knowing the difference between Trade sales numbers and the way monthly sales is only judged with DCU comics,superhero is weird.

Also its naive to go like Hellblazer isnt selling 50 000 so it must be crap comics. If sales was quality, Americas best comics would be written by Bendis,Johns. Civil War, Avengers,JLA is the most acclaimed comics in the market....
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I just found it funny that Talisman said that it wasn't special but later on said it was fantastic, lol
    But was Talisman implying that it wasn't "special" as a personal opinion, or was that a more general opinion about the comic book buying community as whole didn't seem to have enough people who considered it "special" based on the overall sales numbers for each issue?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Hmmmm true enough.
    BB

Piffy looked gorgeous in her knee high boots. I'm saddened we'll be losing this treasure. :(
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 11-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.

something tells me that after the "Before Sandman" story releases, Vertigo may be in trouble.......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Piffy looked gorgeous in her knee high boots. I'm saddened we'll be losing this treasure. :(
    Yeah I'm going to miss her character.

Quote Originally Posted by fawfulmk-II View Post
    something tells me that after the "Before Sandman" story releases, Vertigo may be in trouble.......
    According to Lemire, there's a bunch of projects we aren't even aware about yet.

The days of Vertigo being about the dark corner of DC are over, so it just means Vertigo will have to step it up on their other fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Thats great. But it couldnt save the book.
    '

lol that was pretty funny