Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    I read it - the reimagined origin of John Constantine who learns magic from THE GREAT NICK NECRO, yaaayy!, after sucking up to him (and gets his trenchcoat from him). It was terrible.
    Please tell me this is a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke...
    Sadly, it is not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nicknecro.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	104132

BANNED

What a load of complete and utter crap.

I picked up a copy of JLDark, just to see what to expect with a Constantine in the DCU.
    Uhh, yeah. There is nothing remotely recognizable in that version of Constantine.
    Well, RIP, John. 300 issues was a hell of a run.

Twice I tried to follow this series and twice I gave it up: first during Carey's run; then during Milligan's. I never got the impression that Hellblazer was a series its creators cared anything about because in my mind everything they wrote was sub-par fan-fiction. Apart from Delano's run - the extraordinary Family Man storyline - none of the stories, not even Ennis', ever gave me what I wanted: a mixture of suspenseful horror, intelligence, wit and sensibility. I'm sure there won't be a shortage of people telling me how deep Careys' issue where John visits Australian concentration camps was, how edgy Ellis' 'Shoot' was, and how sophisticated his trip to Bollywood or talking to Sid Vicious' ghost were, during Milligan's run, to say nothing of the idiotic return of Shade. But, and I'm sorry for not joining the chorus, this series was bad, it had been very bad for many, many years now, and I find this outrage irrational. Constantine doesn't need to be revamped, he needs to go away.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    Twice I tried to follow this series and twice I gave it up: first during Carey's run; then during Milligan's. I never got the impression that Hellblazer was a series its creators cared anything about because in my mind everything they wrote was sub-par fan-fiction. Apart from Delano's run - the extraordinary Family Man storyline - none of the stories, not even Ennis', ever gave me what I wanted: a mixture of suspenseful horror, intelligence, wit and sensibility. I'm sure there won't be a shortage of people telling me how deep Careys' issue where John visits Australian concentration camps was, how edgy Ellis' 'Shoot' was, and how sophisticated his trip to Bollywood or talking to Sid Vicious' ghost were, during Milligan's run, to say nothing of the idiotic return of Shade. But, and I'm sorry for not joining the chorus, this series was bad, it had been very bad for many, many years now, and I find this outrage irrational. Constantine doesn't need to be revamped, he needs to go away.

I think your speaking for yourself (which many seem to believe they speak for the many) but many of us enjoyed Milligan's run and seeing Constantine married and trying to be his usual self.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    Sadly, it is not.

Seriously?...
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    Well, Shit. Given how you didn't liked anything after Delano then it clearly had to be cancelled. The Hell with the rest of the world.

It's Ok, every one! Euminides didn't liked it so clearly we were all wrong in liking it. I guess we can close this threads now.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Why did Constantine have to go to Felix Faust?

Who wrote that crap and what is the excuse? :P

For example I found the black alice stuff interesting. Her parents dead she wanted to make them better they are Zombies now or so - that is interesting magic - which should always go wrong in some way :P

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly someone will rewrite this later on. They will realize how horrible it sucks and that saying Constantine learned magic from Nick Necro is pretty awful. I give it 5 years and its gonna be revealed Constantine knew magic and just wanted the coat and expose Necro. Because John is a con artist.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly someone will rewrite this later on. They will realize how horrible it sucks and that saying Constantine learned magic from Nick Necro is pretty awful. I give it 5 years and its gonna be revealed Constantine knew magic and just wanted the coat and expose Necro. Because John is a con artist.
    And it will all have been part of the plan...
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

There is a lot of talk going how Nick Necro (so imaginative!) Looks a lot like Keanu Reeves and how a Constateen 2 has been green lit.... So yeah, they are switchin bodies for ever so that The Constanteen from the movies looks like Constantine from the comics.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think your speaking for yourself (which many seem to believe they speak for the many) but many of us enjoyed Milligan's run and seeing Constantine married and trying to be his usual self.
    You think? I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for myself, considering that I only used the first-person singular pronoun in my post.

I don't know how his marriage worked out, I left the comic book before that. Everything before didn't seem like JC being his usual self to me.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    Sadly, it is not.

The sad part is I respect Jeff Lemire a great deal...it's just not something I want to read. I still think he's a good writer and everything, but just not for that.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder