Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76
  1. #16
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    To me it is because in recent time, no one talks about it, barely anyone buys it

    but when it's cancelled..."THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"
    Well it's an amazing series. Sooo...
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  2. #17
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    To me it is because in recent time, no one talks about it, barely anyone buys it

    but when it's cancelled..."THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"
    This kind of book generates a different kind of fandom. Honestly, it never even really occurs to me to discuss the series the way I do mainline DCU stuff, even when reading and enjoying it. It's just a different thing for me, and I suspect, a lot of Vertigo readers.

  3. #18
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    This kind of book generates a different kind of fandom. Honestly, it never even really occurs to me to discuss the series the way I do mainline DCU stuff, even when reading and enjoying it. It's just a different thing for me, and I suspect, a lot of Vertigo readers.
    I'm kind of like that. I just don't feel the need to discuss it the way I do with other things, even though it's one of the things I enjoy the most.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  4. #19
    Junior Member obii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Thats great. But it couldnt save the book.
    They didn't try to save it.
    No price change.
    No try to get other creative teams or hype.
    They just decided to move it back into the superhero fold :(

  5. #20
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    They didn't try to save it.
    No price change.
    No try to get other creative teams or hype.
    They just decided to move it back into the superhero fold :(
    It's so sudden
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Sucks that its being cancelled but I find it hilarious that this is the most Hellblazer has been talked about for a while
    This could be because the Milligan run (only read the first couple arcs, dunno if it got better) was kind of crap. The Diggle run before it, however, was fucking amazing, no idea why that didn't get the attention it deserves.
    I've been waiting for years for someone to take over from Milligan, it sucks that that isn't going to happen. It also sucks that Jason Aaron is over at Marvel.

  7. #22
    Junior Member kevdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    124

    Default

    I think DC is just confused by what people WANT! We would like Vertigo characters to be used sometimes in the DCU but not take them away from Vertigo completely. If DC wants to use them thats ok but if Vertigo would like to use them it should be ok as well, not just take away a characters book thats been going for hundreds of issues.. I almost thought Hellblazer would have been fine cause they let the new Sandman comic come out in Vertigo but alas it was not to be, maybe because they didn't want to get Neil upset is why, which is nice.

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    3,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fever00 View Post
    This could be because the Milligan run (only read the first couple arcs, dunno if it got better) was kind of crap. The Diggle run before it, however, was fucking amazing, no idea why that didn't get the attention it deserves.
    I've been waiting for years for someone to take over from Milligan, it sucks that that isn't going to happen. It also sucks that Jason Aaron is over at Marvel.
    I loved the Milligan run. I think it went down pretty well with most Hellblazer readers.

  9. #24
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Milligan is one of the best HB writers best to Ennis and Delano
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Will Constantine be a in-continuity continuation (sort of like the rest of the NEW 52 titles)?

  11. #26
    Junior Member obii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    154

    Default

    A sort of new reimagined Constantine like all NEW 52 Chars.
    A younger 'streamlined' version.

  12. #27
    Elder Member Libaax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    I'm kind of like that. I just don't feel the need to discuss it the way I do with other things, even though it's one of the things I enjoy the most.
    Look at the forums here in CBR its mostly superhero fans nagging about Deathstroke mask, continuity and X-men issues. Stories like HB,Scalped,American Vampire who i read and think about and there is no reason to talk about every issue here.

    Its very naive for Ninjamic and his kind of superhero fans to think most talked about comics is the most rated,most loved. We can read comics without making 10 topics about them.

    CBR big two forums is not the sales list of american comics Trades list.
    Last edited by Libaax; 11-10-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

  13. #28
    Hey, Larry! Darrell D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    A sort of new reimagined Constantine like all NEW 52 Chars.
    A younger 'streamlined' version.
    Which means he loses a lot of the genuine punk attitude.
    Ah, well.

  14. #29
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Which means he loses a lot of the genuine punk attitude.
    Ah, well.
    Constantine light....is it wrong of me to go ahead and say ..unless Cornell gets on the book ...its gonna die a quick death ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  15. #30
    Hey, Larry! Darrell D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Constantine light....is it wrong of me to go ahead and say ..unless Cornell gets on the book ...its gonna die a quick death ?
    I guess Cornell could keep the numbers up to non-cancellation range, at least.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •