Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Two questions for Brian:

- The Kid Flash appearance will be in the #18 & #19 or will be in the "Who is the Reverse-Flash?" arc that will started in #20? I'm not sure about this in the interview.

- Speaking of #18 & #19, you will be also the penciller or will join the not-less spectacular Marcus To?

Thanks for you time and answers :)

Well, since Brian has been posting in this thread, there is one thing I want to know.

While I have very much been enjoying the book, I feel that the "death" of Barry Allen has hurt a critical part of the series: the character of Barry himself. I'm a hardcore Wally West fan, but I liked what you guys have done with Barry in the earlier issues of the title (aside for keeping the dead mother thing, of course - I can't understand why you would keep such a pointless retcon, but you really don't want me getting into how much I hated Geoff Johns' Barry Allen) and I would love to continue getting a better idea of who he is, especially through his interactions with his supporting cast.

With his being presumed dead though, we have very little of Barry being Barry so my question basically is do you have plans to get back to Barry Allen's civilian life and hopefully a lot more of the stuff between him and Patty and Iris?
    Last edited by Ilash; 11-11-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

No, no, no. The Reverse-Flash should be yellow-red/black...the colors swapped...not purple and green or whatever their overly literal take so far on everything The Flash is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorviss View Post
    Attachment 104108

You know it!
    But you'll never correct me again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post

- Speaking of #18 & #19, you will be also the penciller or will join the not-less spectacular Marcus To?
    I know when this story was first released, he tweeted that the unconfirmed plan was that Marcio Takara would pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Two questions for Brian:

- The Kid Flash appearance will be in the #18 & #19 or will be in the "Who is the Reverse-Flash?" arc that will started in #20? I'm not sure about this in the interview.

Thanks for you time and answers :)
    Kid FlashWON'T be in 18-19.

and

Marcio Takara will be doing the art. I'm not a penciller by ANY stretch of the imagination. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilash View Post
    Well, since Brian has been posting in this thread, there is one thing I want to know.

While I have very much been enjoying the book, I feel that the "death" of Barry Allen has hurt a critical part of the series: the character of Barry himself. I'm a hardcore Wally West fan, but I liked what you guys have done with Barry in the earlier issues of the title (aside for keeping the dead mother thing, of course - I can't understand why you would keep such a pointless retcon, but you really don't want me getting into how much I hated Geoff Johns' Barry Allen) and I would love to continue getting a better idea of who he is, especially through his interactions with his supporting cast.

With his being presumed dead though, we have very little of Barry being Barry so my question basically is do you have plans to get back to Barry Allen's civilian life and hopefully a lot more of the stuff between him and Patty and Iris?
    You may not have been fond of Geoff's retcon, but Francis and I felt it was important to be true to what came before us. We weren't trying to toss everything out and start from scratch... our aim was to synthesize both origins while adding elements that hadn't previously been focused upon.

And as far as Barry, he's not gong to be presumed dead forever. And Iris will be back, too... so we will definitely be able to focus on the triangle .

Quote Originally Posted by BrianBooch View Post
    You may not have been fond of Geoff's retcon, but Francis and I felt it was important to be true to what came before us. We weren't trying to toss everything out and start from scratch... our aim was to synthesize both origins while adding elements that hadn't previously been focused upon.

And as far as Barry, he's not gong to be presumed dead forever. And Iris will be back, too... so we will definitely be able to focus on the triangle .
    Thanks for answering, Brian. Good to hear as far as the latter goes. Obviously you guys have a plan, I'm just personally antsy to get back to this terrific aspect of those early issues of your run.

As for the former point, you weren't starting from scratch? Really? I don't mean this rhetorically, by the way, and I hope it doesn't come across as overly dickish. This is a problem that I have with the New 52 in general: is it a reboot or isn't it? We're supposed to assume that some of these characters' history still exists - especially history that occurred during the reign of the current head honchos at DC - but it's entirely unclear what.

With The Flash, I actually assumed that it was a totally fresh new start whose only history was that Barry Allen had been Flash for five years (maybe?) by the time the series began. After all, aside for the Rogues and some of his supporting cast, Barry's basic origin, with the added addition of Geoff's retcon and acknowledgement of the existence of the Speed Force, how much of the Flashes' history is actually included in your book?

Like I said, I'm really enjoying your work on this book - the Flash is my favourite superhero and you guys have done the best work on the character since Geoff's original Wally run, maybe even since the first half of the run - but the vague nature of the New 52 is having a similar effect on your book as it is on so many other titles: the convoluted continuity has become even more convoluted by the pick-and-choose randomness of the New 52, without any of the benefits of the rich history that the old DCU used to have. It's obviously not your fault, but it is a rather irritating side effect of much of DC's current direction.

Just do what I do and ignore continuity. It's not like the stories are "real" anyway.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

EXCLUSIVE: I am excited that we'll get Marcio Freaking Takara

Believe me, our plan is to stick together. Absolutely! With whatever book comes next. :)
    I guess it would be interesting to see you guys on another book... after Flash #50 of course. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
    I guess it would be interesting to see you guys on another book... after Flash #50 of course. ;)
    I'm hoping for at least Flash #60.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Just do what I do and ignore continuity. It's not like the stories are "real" anyway.
    Sure, I do try to do that in general. It's just that sometimes continuity affects how a character is portrayed and in those cases it is helpful to know where we stand.

Kid Flash WON'T be in 18-19.
    Thanks for the clarification :)

Marcio Takara will be doing the art.
    BLOODY HELL!!! MARCIO TAKARA!!!

Well then, I hope to see soon Marcus To's art in other series :)

I didn't notice Takara did part of the Flash Annual :O
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder