Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

No offense taken. And nothing wrong being Comic Book Guyish... they are a knowledgeable and passionate lot. :)

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianBooch View Post
    we get it. But we are looking at doing a take on the speed force energy being "reverse" not just the suit. :)

We want Reverse Flash to look bad-ass and a kind of frightening... yellow doesn't accomplish that.

:)
    I disagree about the yellow..... especially if you make a much darker shade. Perhaps "black" with yellow highlights as opposed to "blue". (Just sayin'. )

And with them have energy that is "reverse" of each other, they'd definitely be attracted to one another (in physics sense not physical/love sense!). Looking forward to seenig how that plays out!
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I hope it looks great.

But I dug the old one because it immediately let you onto the threat. It didn't scream villainy, actually. It was just weird. Like "what the hell's wrong with the Flash?" It was thoroughly simple but the opposite of generic. You knew which book to read immediately if you wanted to see more of him.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

"The opposite of red is not yellow. It will also be a lot darker. It will probably be a lot closer to what you would imagine a Reverse-Flash would be rather than just a yellow version of Barry Allen."
    So... Rival's costume, then?

Maybe it's the Turtle. That's kind of exactly what I imagine a Reverse Flash looking like.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's a new Reverse Flash. His costume is what they want it to be, especially for a talented artist like Manupal.
    That's fine, but the reason they give is that yellow isn't supposed to be the opposite of red, as if that was supposed to be idea of the costume.

How about Captain Frye for the Reverse Flash? I keep getting the feeling that he is the one that murdered Barry's mother (as the detective on the case, he certainly would be in a position to tamper with the evidence and make it look like someone else did it).

Metal Woman

I'm really hoping this creative team can salvage Reverse Flash, even if it's by making him an entirely new character.

I guess this will be ok. Just as long as he doesn't have the same powers as the last Reverse Flash. I don't really want to see the possibility for another Flashpoint.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Reverse flash is one of my least favorite villains, so i think I'll be dropping the title for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Reverse flash is one of my least favorite villains, so i think I'll be dropping the title for a while.
    Not even the same guy bro. Overreacting. Think of it as a new villain.

There are only two possibilities : Doctor Elias or Danny West.
    And either one is totally cool with me.
    Last edited by pikul; 11-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Sounds like it'll be good. Can't wait to see the design.
    "Welcome to the party pal!" - John McClane - Die Hard

Quote Originally Posted by BrianBooch View Post
    I'm sorry that's the impression we have given you. Not our intent AT ALL. We are merely writing our take on the characters and make an honest effort to respect what came before us while integrating new ideas and mandates that come our way.

To be clear... we don't take our jobs lightly, and again I'm sorry if our confidence and enthusiasm comes across as arrogance. At no point do we think we are "fixing' other writer's takes on characters... we don't claim to be doing it better, we're just doing it our own way.

I hope you stay on board with the series.

:)
    brian

I also thought that past interviews came across in that manner, but I take you at your word that it was not your intent. Accordingly, I will probably jump back on with issue #17.

I am curious as to the "mandates". In early interviews there was talk or implication of an Iris/Barry/Patty triangle, but it has never really materialized...I wonder if a "mandate" ended that. I'm still with team Iris.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I'm really hoping this creative team can salvage Reverse Flash, even if it's by making him an entirely new character.
    Yeah I can't say I've ever liked either incarnation of Reverse-Flash. Zolomon was kind of interesting, but still dumb. Can't stand Eobard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I can't say I've ever liked either incarnation of Reverse-Flash. Zolomon was kind of interesting, but still dumb. Can't stand Eobard.
    Well Eobard was a pretty standard mustache twirler with a good visual. I had no real problems with him, but he wasn't really that interesting of a character to me.

Zolomon was a good attempt at giving Reverse Flash a different sort of motivation but it never quite worked for me.

So here is hoping that they will get it right this time.
    Life looks better in black and white.